SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry's After Action Report from 2-28-69 uncovered!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Misty
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:34 pm    Post subject: Kerry's After Action Report from 2-28-69 uncovered! Reply with quote

For more than 30 years, Kerry has portrayed a heroic version of a life and death struggle -- of staring down a suspected guerilla who was about to fire upon Kerry's swift boat. It was kill. Or be killed. At least, that's the version Kerry tells.

Eyewitnesses offer a far different account. They allege Kerry shot a wounded teenager retreating from battle.

Kerry has made public, hundreds of pages of official Navy documents to bolster his many claims. Conspicuous by its absence is the official after action report of what actually happened that day. The after action report written by John Kerry, himself.

In an exclusive, The Point has obtained this document from U.S. Navy archives (you can see it here). The pertinent section reads:

"PCF 94 beached in center of ambush in front of small path when Viet Cong sprung up from bunker 10 feet from unit. Man ran with weapon towards hootch. Forward M-60 machine gunner wounded man in leg. Officer-in-charge, LTjg Kerry, jumped ashore and gave pursuit while other units saturated area with fire and beached placing assault parties ashore. Kerry chased VC inland behind hootch and shot him while he fled -- capturing one B-40 rocket launcher with round in chamber."

So there you have it. The official record written by John Kerry supports what the critics have alleged rather than the John Wayne Kerry version the Massachusetts liberal has been telling.

Death is a reality of war. Events occur that are not for the faint of heart. Yet, John Kerry's account of killing what turned out to really be a wounded man while he fled continues Kerry's pattern of lies, exaggerations and embellishments.

Killing a wounded man while he retreated from battle is not an action that most servicemen would brag about. But then again, most servicemen would not return home and attack the very country they were supposed to fight for.

And that's the Point.

I'm Mark Hyman.

http://www.newscentral.tv/ See "The Point" re the killings
Brother was on the USS Regulus - Vietnam
Husband was AirForce 3rd (34th) Tactical Fighter Wing - Security Police Bien Hoa Vietnam
Misty
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Husband was AirForce 3rd (34th) Tactical Fighter Wing - Security Police Bien Hoa Vietnam
Slednfool
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.newscentral.tv/thepoint/attachments/attachments.htm

Heres the link.
NavyChief
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a nice article but how does this person know Kerry wrote this report? Because I see several problems with that analysis right away.

- Chief
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should shutup the Kerry Campaign saying they released ALL his records on his website!!
Misty
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyChief wrote:
That's a nice article but how does this person know Kerry wrote this report? Because I see several problems with that analysis right away.

- Chief

I don't think he did write it. Not unless he was designated #2
Misty
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ord33 wrote:
This should shutup the Kerry Campaign saying they released ALL his records on his website!!

That is more to the point, imo. And it also points to the fact that the Naval Archives has more of the same and it is available for review! So how about the reports on the 1st purple heart action? And the second. And the third.
Billman
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoever wrote it, 3 important things are confirmed:
* Kerry shot a wounded, fleeing man
* Kerry (PCF94) did not beach or show unusual heroism in the first ambush
* THERE WAS NO NUMERICALLY SUPERIOR FORCE IN THE 2nd AMBUSH - DIRECTLY CONTRADICTING HIS SILVER STAR CITATION

It states clearly each PCF embarked 30 additional troops, so there were at least 70 good guys between the two boats.
NavyChief
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First things, first.

Look at the 3rd line from the top, where it says:

ZNY CCCCC ZNY RHMCSAA

That was the first clue that this report did not come from Kerry directly. ZNY is mobile unit sent the message (in other words, not the unit that sent this report).

Second: The message is from Gulf Inshore Patrol Unit. This is the From line: FM 194.5.4.4 *normally this is the OTC of the mission but it has already been proven that the OTC did not always write the AAR. i.e. 13 March 1969.

Third: The Market Time Spot Report line - MSTR 28/1/194.5.4.4/2. If Kerry was the OTC in this action (His award says he was), then /2 is not Kerry.

Fourth: The report is missing paras 1-4 in the format. It begins with para 5. There is no way to tell without further analysis who was operating under whom.

I agree the report is from that action, which is great. But people should be careful and study the report and others before jumping to conclusions. I've already been burned on this and would advise caution.

My two cents, anyway...

- Chief
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving to R&R with the rest of the dissections Smile
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, I can see that it looks like page 1 is missing.... otherwise, i can't tell much else..... trouble reading the words, let alone understanding it (I have a bad eye... will probably need surgery)

NAVYCHIEF - Does it say all that stuff that Misty says?

will we be able to get page 1? If so, this would be GREAT !
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
NavyChief
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie wrote:
well, I can see that it looks like page 1 is missing.... otherwise, i can't tell much else..... trouble reading the words, let alone understanding it (I have a bad eye... will probably need surgery)

NAVYCHIEF - Does it say all that stuff that Misty says?

will we be able to get page 1? If so, this would be GREAT !

This report was probably written by one of the other Swift Boats -- PCF-23 more than likely. That was LTJG Rood, a now Kerry supporter.

I will have to do more analysis on this before I'll know what really did happen and who wrote what. I'm in the process of receiving downloads from the Naval Archives today. I'll check back in.

- Chief
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK folks...we have 2 seperate threads underway on this. As the other topic was started earlier by Bandit, I'm moving it to the main forum for comment and encourage everyone to copy/paste pertinent comments to that other thread.

I'll leave this thread open here but it will be re-locked when the other topic gets moved back to R&R.

http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9121

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: