SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Idea? Class-action suit against Kerry?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bagpiper
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:34 pm    Post subject: New Idea? Class-action suit against Kerry? Reply with quote

Gentlemen & Ladies,
Several buds and I were discussing this whole thing when I had a brainstorm, maybe a tempest in a teacup, but hey, what have we got to lose...
There are what, 2.5 MILLION of us? In total, from all services..
Idea
Why don't we ALL get together and sign on to a class action lawsuit, and sue John F***ing Kerry for SLANDER AND LIBEL? Evil or Very Mad

HE brought this s**t out of the closet, so, he can't hide behind the 'Statute of Limitations' argument anymore.

To you lawyer types, is this even a VIABLE thing to do?
Don't ya think this would add a SECOND WAVE to the Swifties?

Sincerely,
DM Lambert,
North Carolina
Ex-SP4 '72-'75
one more captins mast
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: Names and faces. Reply with quote

Put the names and faces of those KIA the very days Kerry was

at some anti war rally, or up befor the Senate telling his lie's about

them.

Put the names and faces of the "real" ones who went out into

Cambodia and Laos, and note that none of their lives and

sprits "fit Kerry" no matter how hard he trys to put what they

did over his sorry bones.

other than that John Kerry have a nice day

the strange mr aj
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bagpiper, there is similar sentiment building all over the internet. You are onto something.

AJ, you may be "the strange mr aj," but you sure have a way of nailing it, sometimes, hon.
bagpiper
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:03 pm    Post subject: Get it done Reply with quote

Yeah,
But I don't know how, don't have any money, no resources.
it would take ALL of us, together. With a willing lawyer or two.... Exclamation

We sue him for a 'Public Apology'...no money. Wouldn't that be a hoot? An order from a judge to apologize? Will it happen? You never can tell what you can do when you get together.

We need, somehow, to get this idea in the media.
I have sent an email to several folks and gotten a positive response, but, everybody wants to know, HOW do we get a thing like that started. And are afraid of having their lives stolen by the media. We would need a spokesman/lawyer, and a WHOLE LOT OF NAMES.

I don't think it necessarily needs to have any connection to the Swifties, maybe that wouldn't be good. Just the 'REST OF US', I mean, he trashed us ALL. But, most just want to forget. I don't think this would do anything but ADD to the Swifties campaign, and extend the resulting media circus all the way to the election...even if the MF get's elected (whew!), we could tie and tangle up his administration for quite some time!

DML
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bagpiper - check your PM folder.

"10 OUT OF 10 TERRORISTS AGREE: VOTE KERRY IN '04!"

Last edited by BrianC on Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

A complete broadcast apology plus 1 dollar for each member of the class that elects participation and provides a DD214 to prove veteran status. All cash settle goes to legal fees. $2.5 mil. I think Theresa can afford it.

Baldeagle,

Want to take a shot at it.?
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

bagpiper, look into http://www.vnsfvetakerry.com/ - that'll give you a jumping off point.

Edited to add: Oops, mixed up my URL's - Tom, I'll delete your message regarding this, thanks for the input.

Last edited by Navy_Navy_Navy on Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
bagpiper
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: Exactly... Reply with quote

ASPB wrote:
A complete broadcast apology plus 1 dollar for each member of the class that elects participation and provides a DD214 to prove veteran status. All cash settle goes to legal fees. $2.5 mil. I think Theresa can afford it.

Baldeagle,

Exactly right...
Ready, willing, able? Wouldn't know where to start.

DML
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already emailed a couple legal eagle veterans. If you now some do the same at other Vet Sites.

Tom
Dwight Callaway
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great idea. Bagpiper could you possibly do an edit and change the title of the thread to something like "sueing John Kerry" so it will be easier to find and more obvious what it is about.

Also think there should be a similar move to strip Kerry of his medals, and prosecute him criminally for false statements, false official reports in the Navy and before Congress.

Like the lawsuit idea, these need to be chopped through lawyers and JAG people who have the knowledge of what the laws say. (UCMJ and US Codes), statutes of limitations, etc. And who have the courage to actually say the truth if it is still possible to take these actions.

In order to win, you need to go for more than you need to win. If we want the media to take this issue seriously, then we must go after Kerry like he is really guilty of something serious.

Dwight
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving to Vets forum. Thanks!
roughfun
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we should sue them all for stopping the war. We broke the backs of the NVAs finest during Tet 68 and the media and anti-war people twisted it into a defeat for us. Had we followed quickly with a monster counter-offensive maybe things would be different. "It was a dirty little war but the only one we had". Semper Fi.
baldeagl
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASPB wrote:

Baldeagle,

Take a shot at what?
stevec
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:55 pm    Post subject: How's this for a lawsuit Reply with quote

Office of General Counsel
Federal Election Commission
999 E Street NW
Washington D.C 20463

I hereby request the following complaint be filed with the Federal election Committee.
I the complainant, [Your name here]a registered voter in the State of [Your State], in the county of [Your county], do file the following complaint in regards to Senator John Forbes Kerry in the Presidental Election in the year 2004.
Senator John Forbes Kerry is not eligable to run for public office under the Constitution of the United States Article XIV, Section 3.
No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

In the above section of the Constitution, John Forbes Kerry did knowingly after taken the Oath of Military Service as an Officer in the United States Navy , return to the United States in 1971 and protest said engagement. Also in 1971, John Forbes Kerry did in fact go to Paris, France and meet with the North Viet Nam delegation to discuss the U.S. involvement. John Forbes Kerry, was not under the direction of the U.S. Government, Congress, or President during his actions.
During his testimony before Congress in 1971, John Forbes Kerry did in fact admit to committing war crimes and atrocities, while serving in the United States Navy deployed in Viet Nam.
John Forbes Kerry's admissions and testimony were reported back to U.S Military Personnel captured in Viet Nam, as proof of illegal war crimes and used as corhosion against U.S. POW's.
This is a clear violation in that John Forbes Kerry did provide aid to the enemy after taken the Oath as a Naval Officer. Congessional records do not show the required vote in both houses to remove his current disability.

As per the FEC's instructions, "Any person may file a complaint if he or she believes a violation of the Federal Election Campaign Laws or Commission regulations has occurred or is about to occur." Hence since the Presidental Election is forthcoming and the Democratic National Convention has already taken place, this complaint needs to be addressed prior to the election to comply with the Federal Election Committee laws.

A complaint must comply with certain requirements. It must:
Provide the full name and address of the person filing the complaint (called the complainant); and
Be signed, sworn to and notarized. This means that the notary public's certificate must say "...signed and sworn to before me..."
Furthermore, in order for a complaint to be considered complete and proper, it should:
Clearly recite the facts that show specific violations under the Commission's jurisdiction (citations to the law and regulations are not necessary);
Clearly identify each person, committee or group that is alleged to have committed a violation (called the respondent);
Include any documentation supporting the allegations, if available; and
Differentiate between statements based on the complainant's (the person who files the complaint) personal knowledge and those based on information and belief. Statements not based on personal knowledge should identify the source of the information.

Steve Christensen
bagpiper
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:20 pm    Post subject: Gotta love that... Reply with quote

Steve, Yes!

As with any war, this 'war' against Kerry should be fought on multiple fronts. The Swifties are having some impact, I'm just scared that it ISN'T ENOUGH to keep him out of the Oval office. (There are just too many ignorant people in this country. We cannot afford another 2000 type fiasco!)
BTW, I don't remember that he went to Paris and met with the enemy...guess I was deployed...we didn't get a lot of TV over there... Smile

What we need is for somebody to get all the required info together, and post it somewhere, where we can simply download it, print, sign/notarize, and mail!

DML
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: