SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DNC/CBS RELEASE NEW COMMERCIAL ATTACKING BUSH

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Floridavietvet
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: DNC/CBS RELEASE NEW COMMERCIAL ATTACKING BUSH Reply with quote

TODAY, THE DNC RELEASED A NEW COMMERCIAL ATTACKING BUSH'S GUARD SERVICE. IT PROMINENTLY FEATURED THE CBS 60 MINUTES II SEGMENT. NOW WE KNOW WHY CBS CANNOT RETRACT THEIR STORY.

SEE http://www.democrats.org/fortunateson/index.html TO VIEW COMMERCIAL.

[b]THE GOP IMMEDIATELY ISSUED A WONDERFUL RESPONSE[/b]:

Washington, DC -- RNC Communications Director Jim Dyke made the following statement today:

"The video the Democrats released today is as creative and accurate as the memos they gave CBS.”

DON'TCHA JUST LOVE IT Laughing
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that Ad is so pathetic.....the announcers voice makes it even more trivial.

this article wipes out the entire argument http://www.nationalreview.com/york/york200409100809.asp
CandiM
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't let it bother you too much--Word has it that the RNC is releasing an ad of their own to counter this one--It's to be called "The Fortunate Husband"--

Developing.......--C
jimlarsen
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion the RNC could debunk the ad simply by showing a short interview with one of the commanders in the TANG, explaining that the F102 was being fazed out and some plaines were being canibilized for keep other planes flying leaving some pilots plane-less (something I can attest to). Also that the TANG had no interest in retraining Bush to fly the F101 (also obsolete at that time) because he had decided not to extend his time in TANG.
Floridavietvet
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drudge reporting that NBC is asking DNC to pull ad because it contains part of an interview between NBC's Russert and Bush back in February. You may recall that Bush campaign made a commercial using footage from same interview and, when NBC asked RNC to pull, they did.

Think there's any chance CBS will also ask DNC to cease and desist? NOT
wednesdaychild
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted on another thread about this. It seems to me the dems are trying to get the heat off Kerry anyway they can. It does not matter if it is true, the Dnc can later denouce it. at least the tv talking heads will not be talking about the swift boat vets and kerry anti american activites. they will be arguing and fighting over this stupid ad.
Rush said that as we get closer to ecletion u can count on them accusing Bush of everything. If they can keep the msm busy with this nonsense, they won't be talking aobut kerrys anti american activites.

that my take on it.
fr11
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I want the DNC to continue running this ad. It's laughable. The announcer makes it sound like missing a physical is an act of pure evil. I think this ad will show people just how screwed up the Dems really are.
MACVJOE
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW what a show. Why did they not have combat videos of John Wayne Kerry attacking that wounded Vietcong while the VC was fleeing. DNC could not tell truth if they had to. Barnes said as Lt Gov of Texas he helped Bush. MMMMMMMMMMMMM Barnes became Lt Gov of Texas in 1989.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: