SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Holy Cow!! Knox had NO recollection of Bush?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the0point
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:20 am    Post subject: Holy Cow!! Knox had NO recollection of Bush? Reply with quote

http://www.allahpundit.com/archives/000969.html

Here is the relevant part from excellent blogger Allahpundit:

UPDATE: Several readers have e-mailed me an article from today's Houston Chronicle with a very interesting tidbit of information about Knox. This didn't come up either during the interview; think it might be relevant?

Last week, Knox said she had no firsthand knowledge of Bush's time with the Texas Air National Guard, although she did recall a culture of special treatment for the sons of prominent people, such as Bush and others.

Tonight she said she remembered Bush well and described him as "nice" and "gentlemanly", and prone to forgetting her name. A truly spectacular feat of memory recovery for an 86-year-old, don't you think? Kudos, Mrs. Knox.
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

""Ahhhh, Kool-Aid the drink that Refreshes",,,, the memory..
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If CBS didn't bother to interview her or even see if she was still alive BEFORE rushing the forged memos on air, what makes anyone think they are smart enough to realize BlogZilla will Google them to death with "Pearls from the Past" like this little gem?

...today's phrase for CBS execs and crack(head) newshounds to meditate on: "box of rocks" (as in, "who is dumber than?")
flagreen
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched the segment on 60 Minutes tonight and I thought Dan and the old woman were sadly pathetic. The notion that she can recall the specific content of memos today that she typed over 30 years ago is absurd. Particularly when you take into consideration that;

"Last week, Knox said she had no firsthand knowledge of Bush's time with the Texas Air National Guard, although she did recall a culture of special treatment for the sons of prominent people, such as Bush and others."

The sad part was that Dan was using this poor old woman to save face over what is essentially a non-newsworthy story anyway.
tiptie
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember when Sean Hannity interviewed Lt Col Killians son, the son said he once was talking with his father at lunch in the late 80's and it seems Bush twice volunteered for Vietnam. However Killian refused him both times because they only sent pilots with more than 500 flight hours in these 102's. Bush only got a little over 300.

Why has this part of Killian's statement NEVER been used again and again? This conversation with his dad was long after this so-called "order" etc. and the senior Killian was still talking about how Bush kept wanting to go to VietNam.

This does not sound like a man ducking his duty.

We must also remember that this 102 was a BAD airplane to handle and about 1/3 crashed, not shot down. Bush should get a medal for flying the damn thing.
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Last week, Knox said she had no firsthand knowledge of Bush's time with the Texas Air National Guard, although she did recall a culture of special treatment for the sons of prominent people, such as Bush and others.

Tonight she said she remembered Bush well and described him as "nice" and "gentlemanly", and prone to forgetting her name. A truly spectacular feat of memory recovery for an 86-year-old, don't you think? Kudos, Mrs. Knox."

Why am I not surprised?
PC
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:21 am    Post subject: No Sense At All Reply with quote

Dan Rather reminds me of this kid Arty when I was growing up. He used to make up these incredible bs stories. And no one ever believed him. And if you called bs on Arty, he'd just change the story and throw out another version, hoping it would work better.

Rather keeps pulling an Arty, with all these daily characters added. The typewriter repair man, the hand writing spirtitualist and now the nice Grandma.

But what makes no sense is we keep hearing that this porducer, Mary Mapes, has been working on this story for 5 years. 5 YEARS.

5 YEARS and 60Dos is JUST NOW talking to Grandma, Killian's secretary.

Holy Slow Motion Batman, no wonder it's taken 5 years.

When they make the movie on this, kids will walk out of the theatre saying: "Yeah like that could really happen. That Dan Dude would have had to have been really stupid, dude."
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather putting on Grandma was the saddest thing I have seen..my God, I can not remember what I wrote a week ago, how the hell can she? ..This is just getting embarassing..even to watch..but, heck, I will keep watching..it is fun to see the Dems blow themselves up, but to get the Grandma involved..Dan, my Goodness, how sad is that?

PD

www.timetotakeastand.blogspot.com
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather putting on Grandma was the saddest thing I have seen..my God, I can not remember what I wrote a week ago, how the hell can she? ..This is just getting embarassing..even to watch..but, heck, I will keep watching..it is fun to see the Dems blow themselves up, but to get the Grandma involved..Dan, my Goodness, how sad is that?

PD

www.timetotakeastand.blogspot.com
Bystander
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't watch BLAthER'S program last night because I had a delicious steak for dinner--and wanted to keep it down. However, been surfin' this morning and I also went to see-bs's site which had blurbs about last night's program. Picked up several points, plus my own opinions. Mrs. Knox has a few years on me, but I spent 43 years in the 'Administrative Assistant' area until I outright quit 10 years ago (didn't 'retire'--still self employed).

The network's blurb refers to a 'mechanical Olympia' typewriter--we used to call those 'manual typewriters' as opposed to electric. I don't remember any typewriter back then that had the superscript 'th', except possibly an Engineering typewriter I once used--with a 31" carriage. No way could you type an ordinary memo on it. I hated having to split my time between that machine and the electric.

Since I haven't worked for my former boss for 10 years, NO WAY can I recall so clearly something that far back. Only one instant stands out so clearly in my memory and that is because our company lawyers made me rehearse my testimony over and over and over again! (I was a witness in a sexual harassment suit.)

She was Killian's 'right hand?' For pete's sakes--she was a pool secretary and at that time I believe they were referred to as the 'typing pool.' To this day, the term 'secretary' is not used in civil service--I know because both my sister and niece are so employed--one at an ANG base. Wonder if anyone has an idea what her final grade was when she was Killian's 'right hand?' GS-4, GS-5? Knowing her grade at the time can shed a lot more light on her credibility.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: