SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Misplaced Attacks By John Kerry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:38 pm    Post subject: Misplaced Attacks By John Kerry Reply with quote

Mad It seems to me that John Kerry has misplaced his attacks. Question? If someone slandered you, wouldn't you lash out with every legal recourse available to you? John Kerry doesn't seem to think that the Swifties attacks on his character are worth any defending. The poles show they have indeed had an effect. His lack of focus on the Swifties demonstrates his fear of opening up the past which he now wants to forget. Keep in mind he opened this can of worms. He says Unfit For Command is a pack of lies, well, as a woman, if someone told a pack of lies about my husband I would be out there screaming and raising a ruckus about it and working hard to stop it. Where is Theresa Heinz Kerry? Interestingly, note, not one word from her on the subject. Makes you wonder, doesn't it?
Arty Guy
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By way of comparison Laura Bush has declared that the alleged TANG memos are "probably forgeries". She is not afraid to defend her man.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arty Guy wrote:
By way of comparison Laura Bush has declared that the alleged TANG memos are "probably forgeries". She is not afraid to defend her man.

Thank you!
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laura has class..... and the truth on her side.
FireDog53
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you'll be seeing much of Theresa. She's just losing him more votes (no class at all). I wish she would show up because that would give Bush an even bigger jump in poll numbers.
rhv5862
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:25 am    Post subject: Misplaced Attacks Reply with quote

Kerry brought up Vietnam when he said "reporting for duty", and then said look at my record. When his record was looked at he gets upset. He knows the claims in Unfit for Command are true so he won't sue because he would have to produce his records. There is no comparisan between the wives.

RHV
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved it when John O'Neill held up the book and said "Sue me".

Also said not one item in the book has been disproved...I have been keeping scored.

1. Cambodia - per Kerry campaign - not in Cambodia - even though memory was "seared".
2. First purple - per Kerry campaign "may have been self-inflicted"
3. Admits all other boats did say - pery Kerry campaign - Kerry's boat came back.

I thought there was a 4th one but my mind just can not come up with the 4th fact from Unfit for Command.

So Senator Kerry said this book was a pack of lies...yet claims he has not read the book - then how does he know it is full of lies?
kmmpatriot
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On reading the book...I can buy that Kerry didn't read it. What I find hard to believe is that he "doesn't know" if any of his staff has read it. Methinks it more likely that at least one staffer would have had a book report assigned for homework Laughing He's so full of it that even reading transcripts of what he says makes me sick to my stomache.

~Kylie
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:42 am    Post subject: Re: Misplaced Attacks By John Kerry Reply with quote

doll wrote:
Mad It seems to me that John Kerry has misplaced his attacks. Question? If someone slandered you, wouldn't you lash out with every legal recourse available to you? John Kerry doesn't seem to think that the Swifties attacks on his character are worth any defending. The polls show they have indeed had an effect. His lack of focus on the Swifties demonstrates his fear of opening up the past which he now wants to forget. Keep in mind he opened this can of worms. He says Unfit For Command is a pack of lies, well, as a woman, if someone told a pack of lies about my husband I would be out there screaming and raising a ruckus about it and working hard to stop it. Where is Theresa Heinz Kerry? Interestingly, note, not one word from her on the subject. Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

I firmly believe Kerry cannot make specific defenses of the specific accusation, because he has been told that course is fraught with legal peril. He obtained medals by fraud, all of them, gave aid and comfort to the enemy in time of war, and illegally negotiated with them in time of war.

There is no come-back kid going to happen. I think he is toast. The poll trends are going against him.
NonLinear
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:48 am    Post subject: Behind every man... Reply with quote

Behind every great man is a great woman...

Unfortunately, there are women behind some real stinkers too!

Great observation, doll! I find my wife sees all kinds of things that are essentially invisible to me.
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the good wives we are...we love pointing them out to you too Wink
gia_lin_fo
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since this seems to have turned into a Laura-Theresa thread, I would like to venture my guess into the Bush bounce out of the convention. The Time poll was completed before George W. spoke, the electorate being mostly I despise that other guy, they looked out and decided that Laura would be a much better first-lady than Theresa.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The public does not vote for the First Lady. However, the public does judge the character of a man by his choice of wife. Ask any military officer how much his wife helped, or hindered his career. Ask any corproate CEO how much his wife, the one he didn't trade in for the trophy wife, helped him in his climb up the corporate ladder. Why do so many organizations now interview the spouse too?

We judge others not just on their own merits, but also on the company they keep.

If elected John Kerry (shudder) would be our first divorced President. Not only did this guy flee the scene when trouble happened on the river. He divorced his first wife who as is widely reported to have suffered a serious bout of depression. (The internet has some interesting gossip on Kerry's behavior during his first marriage -- not to be repeated here -- but go look.)

So now most women look at the comparison:
the guy who picked the simple small town girl (librarian, teacher) from middle class means and who states the best day of his life was when Laura Welch said yes; or,
the guy who after this divorce runs around with movie stars, etc. until meeting the wealthly widow of a former colleague at an environmental summit and she says she would give up the money to have her first husband back.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="jataylor11"]
If elected John Kerry (shudder) would be our first divorced President. Not only did this guy flee the scene when trouble happened on the river. He divorced his first wife who as is widely reported to have suffered a serious bout of depression. (The internet has some interesting gossip on Kerry's behavior during his first marriage -- not to be repeated here -- but go look.)

President Reagan was divorced. You just didn't hear about it much because (I think) he had been married to Nancy for so long. Kids Patty and Ron. Hhe was married to actress Jane Wyman (she played a part on Falcon Crest). Kids Maureen (now deceased) and Michael.
would like link to Kerry past if you have one. Thanks.
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops my mistake. I forgot all about Jane Wyman.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: