SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I appreciate what you are doing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Val
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject: I appreciate what you are doing. Reply with quote

My dad, an 82nd Airborne commander and Viet Nam vet, died 2 years ago in a Houston VA Hospital from cancer related to his exposure to Agent Orange. He claimed to be fortunate because there were many times he could have been shot and killed, but instead was allowed 30 more years to live, the last 4 painfully difficult. My dad rarely, if ever, discussed his year in Viet Nam but I do have his slides of temples and architecture from there that always fascinated him. I've always been proud of his service, and that of my son's (USMC). My dad never discussed his Bronze Star from a previous battle in the Dominican Republic or any of his other medals. He made it through 30 years personally and professionally without flaunting them (or throwing them away).

I am halfway through your book and am truly aghast at John Kerry's unmitigated and manipulative gall and his schizophrenic takes on the Viet Nam war. I appreciate what you are doing for the surviving 'in country' veterans and their families. Especially those still suffering the effects of the war. Most are honorable and humble people. You are truly honorable and courageous men with a good cause. My dad died from exposure to chemicals during a war. I would like to see John Kerry's campaign die from exposure to the truth during a war. Thank you for your efforts to remind the world of true and real honor. It means the world to me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: