SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry and the Wall
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gocars
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:52 pm    Post subject: Kerry and the Wall Reply with quote

Although John Kerry is technically a 'Nam veteran predicated on his abbreviated 4 month "tour", I have nothing but disdain for him. Based on information that has surfaced about the specifics of his commendations and the merits of his service I would conclude that he and I do not have anything in common with respect to our service in 'Nam. He didn't then, and does not have now, any sense of brotherhood with those who dutifully served. I have experienced some very deep, heart-felt emotions the times I have visited the Wall or its traveling replicas; I have never heard John Kerry make any mention of thoughts or emotions he might have pertaining to this subject. Perhaps so because he really doesn't have any connection to the strife and agony that made combat what it was in 'Nam. On the other hand, if he did mention the wall he would no doubt get fragged off the face of the planet because he would, and rightly so, come across as being disingenuous.

When he returned to the World he made disparaging remarks about the very men he was serving with in the "Nam. I wish I could convey to you my, and other 'Nam veterans, sense of emptyness when the likes of Kerry and Jane Fonda were spewing their garbage to all who would listen. It was definitely a different time and a different generation and unless you personally experienced it, it is difficult to fathom.

Kerry and his bunch.............."it don't mean 'nothin"

gocars
101st Airborne
'Nam 67-70
Rangers Lead the Way!

Last edited by gocars on Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
ASW Tech
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen gocars,

A bit skewed off topic here, but speaking of The Wall, I visited last week before the rally, and about 3/4ths of it is barracaded and covered with plywood for lighting renovations. Anybody planning a visit might want to check first to see if it's open.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:39 am    Post subject: hes mute Reply with quote

The only thing hes worthy of is his place in the "DINK HALL OF FAME"
gator60
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:52 pm    Post subject: Kerry's wall Reply with quote

Kerry and his band of brothers have there own wall. Its in Ho Che MIN city and it was called the war crimes musium. He is greatly honored. For Kerry to go to the Wall in Washington is an insult, to the real heros that gave all. Signed: A bloger in pajamas
shooter
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an idea......:

Let's invite Kerry to join us at the Wall next Memorial Day...... Me and
300,000 other biker vets would love to tell/show him just how much we appreciate his service to the NVA !!!!

What ya think????

For those that fought for it, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know !!

Harley Davidson - If you have to ask, you don't understand !

Gun Control = Double tap - center mass
Redleg
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Kerry has no emotion. The dude's a real cold fish. Al Gore is a cheerleader compared to him. Next time you see John smiling on the news, tell me you see genuine warmth in that smile.
Being in the corporate world for many years, I know a shark when I see one. I'm not too sure Kerry ever gave a crap for his military service except to use it as a resume to punch his ticket to move up the ladder of success.
The only wall I would like to see him at is the kind with pock marks in it. Wink
Cam Ranh '71
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:44 am    Post subject: Psyph. Reply with quote

No one listens to my theory.
I think Kerry is a deranged delusional. Delusions of grandeur. He has an arrested development at the junior HS age. He does not live in a reality world. He makes irrational decisions, relying on others to call the shots [campaign advisors]. I say this because anyone with half a brain would not act like he does, stupidly, not usually seen with an intelligent adult. He is definitely not playing with a full deck.
Could it be that the Dems want him "installed" as a figurehead, then run the country? Far out?

Remember: "Thinking is the best way to travel!"
greenjeans
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:16 am    Post subject: His head is smoked! Reply with quote

Cam Ranh '71

You are all to correct!! A good old term I use is a CrackPot!! Maybe he is on durgs?

A CrackPot can go alot farther than most people think because they have no clue what they are doing!! They just keep going if other fools seem to belive in what they are trying.

Scared a little, Jim Jones go lots of people to buy into his crap.

If CrackPot Kerry can do this he will stop at nothing. Twisted Evil

Kerry's first Crack came when he bought into the Imperialist viewpoint of America.

Note: Read up on what I have posted about what Imperialist viewpoints are made of.
NAS Corpus Christi, TX.
sixdogteam
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: hes mute Reply with quote

blue9t3 wrote:
The only thing hes worthy of is his place in the "DINK HALL OF FAME"

AMEN, Brother!!
Mooncusser
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam Ranh '71...

You are exactly right. I have posted several times about this, and there is several others who have, also.

It's obvious.

I actually won the election before I lost it.

"It is a good day to fight! It is a good day to die! Strong hearts, brave hearts to the front! Weak hearts and cowards to the rear!" (Crazy Horse)
redneckvet
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one nails him:

http://www.mentalhealth.com/dis1/p21-pe07.html
Mooncusser
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have nailed the "war hero".

I actually won the election before I lost it.

"It is a good day to fight! It is a good day to die! Strong hearts, brave hearts to the front! Weak hearts and cowards to the rear!" (Crazy Horse)
garycol
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:14 pm    Post subject: Some thoughts from "down-under" Reply with quote

One of the problems with succussing the war in Vietnam is that within the media today most of the journalists were not born when it was happening. Those who were around were still being educated. When a story like this crops up, these young journalists often refer to the “older” members of their profession for their research instead of doing their own. Naturally these mature aged journalists recall their interpretation of that time. They recall the media coverage of the anti-war movements with the mass rallies, flag burnings, footage of returning coffins etc. They may well have participated. If my recall is at all accurate the media was predominately supportive of the anti-war movement particularly post around late 1968. At least it was here in Australia. Before that it was supportive. In fact we had two elections contested with the war being the primary topic and the war won both. Even with selective National Service (the equivalent to your draft) and National Servicemen being posted to SVN to fight with the Regular Army. After Basic Training there was no distinction of method of enlistment.
It was only when the third election came about that it started to become unpopular. I feel mainly because of the length of the war.
It is with thanks to Swiftboats that I have finally seen a copy of the Paris Peace Accords as well as John Kerry’s efforts in front of your Senate Select Committee.
Firstly I will comment on some of John Kerry’s alleged atrocities.
· The use of Free Fire Zones
When the Australian Task force was setup at Nui Dat the country around the Taskforce was declared a Free fire Zone for several kilometres. I can’t recall how far it was but it was about mortar range. This was combined with a dusk to dawn curfew. That way the villagers were able to work their paddy’s during the day but had to be back in the village by night. This was only one of many such zones and they worked.
· Cutting off of ears
There was common talk during my tour (June 69/70) of the Montinards (I know that the spelling is totally wrong) being paid by the production of ears. It was rumoured that they got paid for only a pair. Singles didn’t count. I didn’t see any evidence of this and for all I know it could well have been an urban legend.
· Rape
I know of no such activities. From my experience, who had the time to think of such things. If anything it was the last thing any grunt on a patrol thought of. Most times in a village you wanted to get out of there as quickly as possible hell you were vulnerable especially if you your pants were around your ankles. Besides a packet of Salem got you an “all nighter”.
· Burning of houses
This did happen but only when these were found to be built illegally.

The rest of his allegations I believe were figments of an over active imagination.

I did note that Kerry made no mention of the fact that when Hue was recaptured after the ‘68 Tet offensive the mass graves found also the mutilation of villagers by the NVA for such “crimes” as allowing the Free World Forces to travel through a village.

One thing I found to be strange was the phraseology of the “After Action Reports” written by Kerry in connection to his valour medals. The use of the term “Hooch” which covers a wide range of buildings, from a simple lean-to to a substantial bungalow. In an official report I would have though a more accurate description of any building would have been required.

One thing that I do remember from my Basic Training. We were told that the communists were experts at being flexible in their battles and if they saw that things were going bad for them that they would and could appear to be retreating or go to ground.
I feel that this was demonstrated after Tet when the fighting strength of the local forces was nearly wiped out and the NVA took over. It was about this time that the Paris talks started. Remember those protracted discussions on the shape of the table they were to sit at. Then after all the troops save for Embassy protection parties, were withdrawn they waited a couple of years to regroup then captured Saigon. In total contravention of the accord they signed.

In closing may I quote the motto of the Veitnam Veterans Association of Australia which is "Honour the dead but fight like hell for the living" because I believe this is what you are doing with this site.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cam Ranh '71
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:54 am    Post subject: Down under Reply with quote

Gary,
Thanks for your analysis from an Aussie. I very much remember the seating-gate dilemma in Paris. A joke.
By the time I chose my R&R, Australia [my first choice] was not an option, too bad.
I thank you for your serving with us in "Nam, and also for the support of PM John Howard now. Didn't you know, we went it alone! A slap in the face for all our *true* allies. Go figure!
Self quote. "I avoided the military until I joined it".
As per Mooncusser's post above is great. "I actually did fight for my country........before I fought against it:".

Remember: "Thinking is the best way to travel!"
jmckay8497
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 12:06 pm    Post subject: This should be On John Fnnnng Kerry's Glory Wall Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: