SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Judicial Watch and Navy review of Kerry's medals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LDI
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject: Judicial Watch and Navy review of Kerry's medals Reply with quote

9/17/04 the Secretary of the Navy in a report to a filing by Judicial Watch deemed the award of Kerry's medals as "appropriate."
LDI
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:00 pm    Post subject: Next steps -- Reply with quote

To: Fox News, CBS News, CBS 60 Minutes, NBC News, ABC News, National Public Radio, Minnesota Public Radio News, Minneapolis Star Tribune, New York Times (online)

Here is the crux of, and the relevance of, the story on Bush's service -- were Bush's service reviewed (as were John Kerry's medals by the Navy this past week at the request of Judicial Watch), and were Bush found to have disobeyed an order to take a physical, and were Bush found to have been unfit to fulfill his military mission as a pilot due to his absence from duty -- would such a review change his discharge to dishonorable and could a man with a dishonorable discharge be elected or serve as president?

John Kerry's medals were deemed by the Navy (9/18/04) to have been appropriately awarded.

Who could conduct such a review of a sitting president's service? Only an independent commission could do so without the taint of cover-up that would come from a Congressional committee, a Pentagon or Justice Department review. Given the timeline for such a review, if Bush were reelected, could a man with a dishonorable discharge continue to serve as president? Would this not lead to impeachment?

Admin Note: Disruptive intent of this poster has been made clear in another message (deleted) and in a private message. User banned.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Judicial Watch and Navy review of Kerry's medals Reply with quote

LDI wrote:
9/17/04 the Secretary of the Navy in a report to a filing by Judicial Watch deemed the award of Kerry's medals as "appropriate."

The IG said only that the process was appropriate. I.e.: the medals were processed in accordance with regulations in effect at the time and awarded by appropriately-entitled personnel.

He said that to investigate actions of more than 30 years ago in attempt to find out if the medals were awarded justly would not be fruitful.

The IG did not even address the propriety or impropriety of having three separate Citations for the Silver Star or two for the Bronze, much less any of the other questions raised by judicialwatch.org, except to say that beyond the cursory examination of the process, further investigation was not planned.

This was actually more than I ever expected to hear from the Navy on this matter before the election, and thank heavens that's all they're doing, right now.

All we need is four more years of the leftists whining about how Bush "stole" the election. (Despite mountains of proof to the contrary. Rolling Eyes )

The time for a serious investigation into Kerry's awards is after he is defeated, IMO.
Vietvet CPO
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 9:02 pm    Post subject: kerrywearswrong medals? Reply with quote

In the pictures of Kerry's senate testimony he appears to wearing two bronze statrs on his vietnam service ribbon. This would indicate 3 tours!!
Since he was only there only 3 months I doubt he earned the stars!!!!!!!
( Mine has 3 stars, thanks to Kerry and those traitors like him!)
kwanah
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:36 am    Post subject: Judicial Watch Reply with quote

Anyone know the status of the remaining items included in the Judicial Watch request? For example, Kerry's meeting with the North Vietnamese in France while a member of the Naval Reserve?
DrEntropy
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwanah wrote:
Quote:
Anyone know the status of the remaining items included in the Judicial Watch request? For example, Kerry's meeting with the North Vietnamese in France while a member of the Naval Reserve?

This goes to the root of the issues for me. How can he (JF'nK) be in contention for the position of CinC, if he actually did commit what can ONLY be interpreted as an act of treason?!? This seems to be the current 800-pound gorilla inna living room. What am I missing? Is there insufficient evidence (Mr. O'Neill's assertions can be verified.)? Statute of limitations on treasonous behavior (NOT!)? Anybody in a position to do so is unwilling to prosecute (ah-HAH!)? Nevermind he's a self-confessed (in front of a Congressional Committee no less!) "war criminal."

If we're a "nation of laws" as we're s'posed to be, we're doomed if this is allowed to go on. A fine example to show the rest of the planet... WJC was just an adulterous p**z by comparison; this shmoo is far, far worse. I'm gettin' the impression we're willing to 'forget' some fairly major legal transgressions, as long as the perp has enough money to be in a position to buy off 'officialdom.' I didn't marry well: I'd be UNDER Leavenworth for the same behavior, I'd bet my 'sanitized' nomex on it.

Very disconcerting.

"The flames kindled on the fourth of July, seventeen hundred and seventy six, have spread over too much of the globe to be extinguished by the feeble engines of despotism." -- Thomas Jefferson
RacerJim
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrEntropy wrote:
kwanah wrote:
Quote:

This goes to the root of the issues for me. How can he (JF'nK) be in contention for the position of CinC, if he actually did commit what can ONLY be interpreted as an act of treason?!? This seems to be the current 800-pound gorilla inna living room. What am I missing? Is there insufficient evidence (Mr. O'Neill's assertions can be verified.)? Statute of limitations on treasonous behavior (NOT!)? Anybody in a position to do so is unwilling to prosecute (ah-HAH!)? Nevermind he's a self-confessed (in front of a Congressional Committee no less!) "war criminal."

If we're a "nation of laws" as we're s'posed to be, we're doomed if this is allowed to go on. A fine example to show the rest of the planet... WJC was just an adulterous p**z by comparison; this shmoo is far, far worse. I'm gettin' the impression we're willing to 'forget' some fairly major legal transgressions, as long as the perp has enough money to be in a position to buy off 'officialdom.' I didn't marry well: I'd be UNDER Leavenworth for the same behavior, I'd bet my 'sanitized' nomex on it.

Very disconcerting.

Elsewhere in Forums there is discussion that Kerry may not have been subject to the UCMJ when he met with North Vietnam's leaders (the act of treason I believe you're referring to) because he was in the Inactive Reserve at the time. However, I believe that still leaves him subject to a Courts Martial as a self-admitted under oath war criminal.
DrEntropy
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RacerJim wrote:
Quote:
Elsewhere in Forums there is discussion that Kerry may not have been subject to the UCMJ when he met with North Vietnam's leaders (the act of treason I believe you're referring to) because he was in the Inactive Reserve at the time. However, I believe that still leaves him subject to a Courts Martial as a self-admitted under oath war criminal.

I'll go lurk some more. THX.

He was in the Reserves from Jan '70 until July '72, albiet "inactive." Still "in" and subject to recall, right? It's a fine line... but: '70 Paris meeting w/VC delegates,'71 VVAW protest activity, ANY UCMJ violation if proveable, would certainly rule him out as being fit for the CinC job. I'd settle for an Article 32 proceeding for ~false~ testimony to Congress. Even that'd stuff 'im.

There has to be a reason for no Standard Form 180 being submitted.

"The flames kindled on the fourth of July, seventeen hundred and seventy six, have spread over too much of the globe to be extinguished by the feeble engines of despotism." -- Thomas Jefferson
RacerJim
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrEntropy wrote:
RacerJim wrote:
Quote:

I'll go lurk some more. THX.

He was in the Reserves from Jan '70 until July '72, albiet "inactive." Still "in" and subject to recall, right? It's a fine line... but: '70 Paris meeting w/VC delegates,'71 VVAW protest activity, ANY UCMJ violation if proveable, would certainly rule him out as being fit for the CinC job. I'd settle for an Article 32 proceeding for ~false~ testimony to Congress. Even that'd stuff 'im.

There has to be a reason for no Standard Form 180 being submitted.

"There has to be a reason..." No doubt about that whatsoever! There has to be a very good reason why he didn't get an Honorable Discharge until 2001 (as I recall).
Hondo
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vietvet CPO:

Hate to say it, but you're wrong there, Chief.

DoD 1348.33-M, Manual of Military Decorations and Awards, states that stars on the Vietnam Service Medal recognize campaign participation - not tours of duty. From Appendix 6, p. 166, the recognized Vietnam Campaigns are

Quote:
VIETNAM CAMPAIGNS
Vietnam Advisory Campaign 15 Mar 62 - 7 Mar 65
Vietnam Defense Campaign 8 Mar 65 - 24 Dec 65
Vietnam Counteroffensive Campaign 25 Dec 65 - 30 Jun 66
Vietnam Counteroffensive Phase II 1 Jul 66 - 31 May 67
Vietnam Counteroffensive Phase III 1 Jun 67 - 29 Jan 68
Tet Counteroffensive 30 Jan 68 - 1 Apr 68
Vietnam Counteroffensive Phase IV 2 Apr 68 - 30 Jun 68
Vietnam Counteroffensive Phase V 1 Jul 68 - 1 Nov 68
Vietnam Counteroffensive Phase VI 2 Nov 68 - 22 Feb 69
Tet 69 Counteroffensive 23 Feb 69 - 8 Jun 69
Vietnam Summer-Fall 1969 9 Jun 69 - 31 Oct 69
Vietnam Winter-Spring 1970 1 Nov 69 - 30 Apr 70
Sanctuary Counteroffensive 1 May 70 - 30 Jun 70
Vietnam Counteroffensive Phase VII 1 Jul 70 - 30 Jun 71
Consolidation I 1 Jul 71 - 30 Nov 71
Consolidation II 1 Dec 71 - 20 Mar 72
Vietnam Cease-Fire Campaign 30 Mar 72 - 28 Jan 73

Haven't checked this against Kerry's posted service records, but I believe he qualifies for campaign participation credit for four campaigns (his service on the Gridley counts as it was within the defined area of eligibility). This would authorize 4 stars on his VSM.

I really hate to defend Kerry, but it's important that we are absolutely accurate when we call him on something. Otherwise, we give his defenders ammunition to use against us.
subsailor 2
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:44 am    Post subject: Status of Judical Watch and Kerry's VSM stars Reply with quote

Judical Watch has sent a blast back at the IG on 9/23 that they will have to respond to. You can see it on their site. Look for VADM Route's retirement soon.

Re: the VSM - Hondo is correct. Kerry gets two stars for the two months the Gridley was on line because their service overlapped the end of one campaign and the start of another (March/April 6Cool and he gets two more for his time with the swift boats.

What is galling is that he gets shipped from COSDIV-14 to COSDIV-11, is there for a week, whines his way out of it to COSDIV-13 and gets a NUC for that week.

In his pictures where he has his ribbons on his fatigues hs is wearing a pistol and rifle marksmanship award that he didn't earn (not in the released papers)
USMC-Pride
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even IF and that is a HUGE IF the UCMJ does not apply because of his status at the time, Treason and Sedition are still in play.

The U.S. Sedition Act

Whoever, when the United States is at war, shall willfully make or convey false reports or false statements with intent to interfere with the operation or success of the military or naval forces of the United States, or to promote the success of it's enemies,or shall willfully make or convey false reports, or false statements,...or incite insubordination,disloyalty,mutiny,or refusal of duty, in the military or naval forces of the United States, or shall willfully obstruct...the recruiting or enlistment service of the United States, or...Shall willfully utter,print,write,or publish any disloyal,profane,scurrilous, or abusive language about the form of government of the United States, or the Constitution of the United States, or the military or naval forces of the United States...or shall willfully display the flag of any foreign enemy, or shall willfully...urge,incite,or advocate any curtailment of production...or advocate,teach,defend, or suggest the doing of any of the acts or things in this section enumerated and whoever shall by word or act support or favor the cause of any country with which the United States is at war or by word or act oppose the cause of the United States therein, shall be punished by a fine of not more than $10,000 or imprisonment for not more than twenty(20) years or both.......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: