SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BOR Research? Not quite.....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
T.S. Bench
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: BOR Research? Not quite..... Reply with quote

I guess we've all heard ad nauseum Bill O'Reilly's mantra about how he withholds judgment "until we've done our own research."

Well, it seems that sometimes he sticks with his preconceived judgments 'in spite' of his own research.

During his radio program yesterday, he was discussing the C-BS document fiasco.

He made the statement "well, we all know that Bush recieved special treatment to get into the TANG."

His producer, Lis Weil (sp) then said "But, I checked with the folks at the TANG and they say that although there was a waiting list for some positions in the guard, this was NOT THE CASE when it came to people who wanted to fly the F-102."

O'Reilly cut her off with the comment that he didn't want to hear that stuff because it was 'too confusing."

Huh? Too confusing? The facts are too complicated to understand?

Luckily for Bill, the folks who put out the 'talking points' from the Kerry campaign keep things nice and simple so Bill has no problem understanding them.

O'Reilly, for some reason, has become delusional. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what facts he says 'were discredited' about the SBVFT book, since whatever 'independent research' he supposedly did certainly wasn't in evidence during the O'Neil interview. Plus, he gets his head handed to him on a platter by everyone from Michael Moore to Laura Ingraham and yet he still boasts about how well he did keeping these folks in 'the no spin zone?" Were there some follow-up interviews which I didn't see?

Although not quite in the Dan Rather class yet, BORs credibility is going into the dumper. I think it's a good bet that the Election of 2004 will see the end of the ascendency of The O'Reilly Factor.

Regards,
TSB
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too confusing for Bill, maybe.

Guess he's forgotten that "the folks" aren't as dumb as they used to be. We can sift through it and figure it out, Bill! Duhhhhh...... Wink

Moving to geedunk, shortly......
MarineBrat
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOR is on the fast track to irrelevence! When he had his Michael Moron interview they just played patsy cake. And when he interviewed John O'Niell he was a pompous ars. Does anyone else remember him in the days leading up to the O'Niell interview hinting that he was in the posession of some new and important facts, and that he would present them to John O'Niell during the interview? And his fact ended up being that Kerry was anti-war BEFORE he went to Vietnam? STOP THE PRESSES! Perhaps Bill skipped page 23 from Unfit for Command?

I think BOR skipped more than that!

MarineBrat
BenJaxBchFL
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just emailed BOR:

Bill you keep asserting that you guys do you own research. Explain how that crack team of investigators can't figure out that all of Kerry's records have not been released since he has not executed a Form 180. Explain how you can be next to the bank of a narrow river under heavy fire and no one gets hit. Bill your research assertion is total BS.
The war against terrorism is not that Americans might die rather that we would alter our way of living. If we get to a point where we choose not to go out because of fear, our economy will sink and in the end so will our nation. Vote Bush.

Last edited by BenJaxBchFL on Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
silenthunter
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that little Billy skipped his little rope. He said he hadn't read the book, true? Point, end point. He confesses he is ignorant of a subject (the book and the full story in the book) even as he controls the spin.

With WHAT?
COMCARDIV7, '70-'71
USS Oriskany, CVA34, '69-'71

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it won't be needed until someone tries to take it away." -- Thomas Jefferson
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think to understand where O'Reilly is coming from, you have to factor in his well-known obstinance when he takes a position on something, and then go back many months ago to when all the DEM candidates were throwing their hats in the ring to be the DEM contender.

I distinctly remember a segment on "The Factor" when O'Reilly positively endorsed Kerry as being the best of the bunch. Since that time O'Reilly seems to me to have "had a thing" for Kerry. Maybe it's just too hard to remove his foot from his mouth.
Floridavietvet
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When it was time to express an opinion on the SBVT's, BOR said he had to do his own investigation Two weeks later, investigation complete, he was ready to interview O'Neill.

On Wednesday night, he told L. Ingraham he could not state an opinion of Rathergate until he did his own investigation...also said he was negotiating to get Rather on his show the next night.

NO SPIN ZONE?????? NOT
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill's problem and much of the old media guys are having is the speed of news these days.

While they sleep or rest at home, millions of people are investigating and talking about what is really happening. He cannot keep up and he doesn't have the staff to do an investigation as quickly as say the memo's were debunked.

It's a problem for all the old media on what to do. The old media needs to go back to just reporting what happened.
m_drummond
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad news. Latest ratings put BOR at all time heights and back ahead of H&C. I'm afraid with his increased ratings Bill will become even more thick-headed.
________
RHODE ISLAND MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES

Last edited by m_drummond on Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Frank B
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill likes to use a tactic I like to call "selective concession"......he will concede a point, valid or not, to certain favored guests but to others he will interupt or dismiss a point, valid or not.

His 'talking points' from Sept. 16th addressed the loss of conservative viewership, something he attributes to his refusal to lean more towards conservatives. He still believes his treatment of the SwiftVets and their issues has always been fair and balanced. His "selective memory" allows him to forget the occasions he compared the SwiftVets to MoveOn.org, the many times he dismissed the Swifties accusations against Kerry as totally unproven or disingenuous.

O'Reilly does try to be many things to many people. He should try being a listener for a change.
Detective
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill O's ego took over a looooooong time ago. sad.He is now pissing off those who made him what he is.Thats just plain stupid.He is now the Spinster of all on Fox.
Sad
Cant watch him anymore.He did some great things too...like going after terrorists like florida university terrorist proffesor......Sami al Arian.
Where/when did he make his weird turn anyways?
Slednfool
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Bad news. Latest ratings put BOR at all time heights and back ahead of H&C. I'm afraid with his increased ratings Bill will become even more thick-headed.

Those ratings were on Wednesday when Laura was on, I for one broke my boycott of his show, I'm sure many other people did also. He will still get good ratings, but they will go down, he has pissed off too many of his core fans.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: BOR Research? Not quite..... Reply with quote

[quote="T.S. Bench"]He made the statement "well, we all know that Bush recieved special treatment to get into the TANG."

His producer, Lis Weil (sp) then said "But, I checked with the folks at the TANG and they say that although there was a waiting list for some positions in the guard, this was NOT THE CASE when it came to people who wanted to fly the F-102."

O'Reilly cut her off with the comment that he didn't want to hear that stuff because it was 'too confusing."

Huh? Too confusing? The facts are too complicated to understand?

Well, billy..... to confusing???? then how could he ever grasp the details of kerry medals? how many men in what boats, where , when etc????

no wonder he came up with that lame 'news flash' that kerry was anit war prior to enlising.... I have to admit when I heard him say he had new information, I wondered if John would be up on it.... and he comes out with that! who are his investigating staff? preschoolers?? i just couldn't believe that out of bor!!! what a joke! wow! john didn't even blink...
I've been emailing bor dailey... i think we should all email him asking what 'facts' in ufc have been discredited... I can't think of one.....
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and furthermore.....

I think his ratings will drop dramatically after the election.....

we're all watching part of his show to see what he is up to right now

and more furthermore....

I also emailed him yesterday about his friend Kerry's NG in NV speech... and the audience reaction ! Told him to run some Fox film and check it out! then multiply across the country etc.

Does anyone know what bor was doing back in 71 / 72? just wondering if he knew kerry then.... part of antiwar group or was reporting on him?
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Frank B
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O'Really has stated a number of times that he knows JK, but he doesn't let on how solid the relationship is.

Something I just found out a couple weeks ago: Brit Hume has known Kerry since he was five years old!! One of the biggest critics of Kerry in the media has known him since his Little Lord Fauntneroy days!! That tells me something.....!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: