SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Powell rebukes Annan on Iraq

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BC
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: Powell rebukes Annan on Iraq Reply with quote

This is getting way out of hand, the American people need to put a stop to this.

The Washington Times

Quote:
The U.N. chief had made no secret of his belief the United States and its allies should have sought an explicit Security Council resolution authorizing the war.
But he went much further in the BBC interview, saying, "From our point of view, from the [U.N. Charter] point of view, it was illegal."

If you don’t think this will be the cause of American death your ignorance is astounding
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving to Geesdunk

Thanks
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, just the U.N. trying to help sway the election.

Why else would they come out and say this now? I thought they rebuked us back in March of 2003? Hmm? Wait til 40 some days before the election of a President the U.N. hates to say something negative about something they told us 18 months ago?
eXcel
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone know when that bas****'s term is up?
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<GASP> excel, how can you refer to a Nobel Peace Prize winning champion of the world a bass-turd? How insensitive and disrespectful. I'm shocked.

Koffi Annan=Oil for Food Embezzlement=UN corruption=shut the h*** up, Annan.

Oh, well...Powell "rebukes" Annan. Oh boy, that'll work. That is as effective as indicting terrorists. (Oh, you blew up the USS Cole! That does it! Your indicted, Mister! And don't think this isn't going on your permanent record, either!)

Koffi Annan is scared outta his mind that Bush will be re-elected and the US will continue not taking any stinking excrement from the UN and old Europe. Not to mention that we will continue our policy position of strong support for Israel. And now tell me again how many Muslim nations currently sit on the Un Security Council? (Be careful, this is a trick question, and you must include France in your answer.)

This is what Powell should say, "Koffi Annan--kiss my @$$." But since he won't *I* will say it for him.

"Koffi Annan--"I got your 'illegal' right here, buddy. Now kiss my @$$. And we are still waitng for you to return the oil for food money you stole. Never mind, I'll be right over to collect in person."
dcornutt
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anan and others are trying to setup Saddam for his trial. ie..if the war was "illegal", his lawyers can use that..to say the invasion was illegal, therefore, Saddam should have never been removed from power.

His laywer (saddam), one of them anyway, was on last night saying, Saddam has yet to be charged, therefore, should be able to run for election in 2005 in Iraq.

The UN was Saddam's friend. I find it ludicrous, they'd even suggest this war was "illegal" and against the UN charter, when their OWN charter suggests that they uphold the resolutions they make and they never did.
Futher, my guess would be, this is to try and stave off some of the intense investigation and scrutiny that Kofi and his office have undergone in the oil for food probe. It's also, in my view, meant to try and influence the elections here.
Detective
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

“Iraq has answered a decade of U.N. demands with a decade of defiance,” Bush said. “All the world now faces a test ... and the United Nations, a difficult and defining moment."

"Are Security Council resolutions to be honored and enforced ... or cast aside without consequence? Will the United Nations serve the purpose of its founding ... or will it be irrelevant?”
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: