SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry, Vietnam, and His Betrayal of the American Soldier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FoxURA
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:27 pm    Post subject: Kerry, Vietnam, and His Betrayal of the American Soldier Reply with quote

I fully realize that the main goal of the Swift Boat Vets is to educate America on Kerry's Vietnam record to show people what he is really like so that he will have no chance of winning the election; however, there is something that would be even more damning in the eyes of the nation. If Kerry's voting record was brought to the forefront. Many people simply dismiss Kerry's Veitnam experience as being in the past and insignificant. I am willing to bet that if examples of how Kerry has been continuing his betrayal of the American servicemen and women by voting against giving our troops flack jackets and Bradley Fighting vehicles, which is something that he accused President Bush of doing, would deal more damage to Kerry. The information of Kerry's voting record combined with reports of his conduct during and imediately after his Vietnam service should have the more effect on peoples perceptions of Kerry than only talking about Vietnam. The reason I think this is because America is at war and John Kerry's voting record in the light of 9/11 is nothing less than treasonous, and despite the Lefts best efforts, the military is highly revered in the eyes of the majority of Americans.
FoxURA
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am suprised that around 64 people have viewed this and no one expressed what they thought. So, could I get some feedback on what people think of my idea, improvements that could be made to it, ect. ect.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe your idea is excellent. I also believe it better that your idea be pursued by another anti-Kerry or pro-Bush 527. Your points are the same as those presented in Zell Miller's speech. The Swift Boat Vets have one mission -- to educate the public about Kerry during Vietnam and immediately thereafter. Maybe up to the POW/MIA activity.

Kerry's Senate record is best left to the pro-Bush 527s and the GOP. This DNC A** has a lot of pieces to carve up --- and everyone needs to take a bite. ( Take heed -- GOP & pro-Bush 527s --- this is your ticket --- get busy.)
wvobiwan
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jataylor11 wrote:
I believe your idea is excellent. I also believe it better that your idea be pursued by another anti-Kerry or pro-Bush 527. Your points are the same as those presented in Zell Miller's speech. The Swift Boat Vets have one mission -- to educate the public about Kerry during Vietnam and immediately thereafter. Maybe up to the POW/MIA activity.

Kerry's Senate record is best left to the pro-Bush 527s and the GOP. This DNC A** has a lot of pieces to carve up --- and everyone needs to take a bite. ( Take heed -- GOP & pro-Bush 527s --- this is your ticket --- get busy.)

I agree, but there is also a parallel between his Vietnam anti-war behavior and his current actions, speeches, and strategy. The following is excerpted from today's entry in my blog http://sanityanyone.blogspot.com:

"Look back on Kerry's anti-war activities and then look at his behavior now - can anyone deny that he is up to his old tricks? The soft, under-cutting words of supposed concern, the 'soldiers dying for the President's mistake' garbage, the instant highlighting and moaning over every single problem, real and imagined. THIS IS THE SAME DIVISIVE AND SUBVERSIVE BEHAVIOR THAT FIRST BROUGHT HIM TO THE ATTENTION OF GENERAL GIAP AND THE NORTH VIETNAMESE 35 YEARS AGO, AND EARNED HIM A PLACE OF HONOR IN VIETNAM'S WAR MUSEUMS (seriously, check out Swiftvets.com). I'm sure Osama, Zawaherie, and Muqtada (Larry, Moe and Curly) have told all their American operatives and contacts: "Vote Kerry, as often as possible."
Bernard Cullen
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:21 pm    Post subject: Keeping our eyes on the ball Reply with quote

All good points. However, I strongly believe that this effort is best served by maintaining a laser-like focus on Kerry and his affront to Veterans and the American people through his actions during and immediately after the Vietnam War. The roots of his being "Unfit for Command" are demonstrated in an unambiguous way: His votes on budget issues can always be claimed to be a matter of "nuance". His moral worth and problematic personality are clearly apparent in his actions in Vietnam and with the VVAW.

He was and is a political opportunist and narcissist, whose blind ambition results in a highly personalized drive for power. He is neither a nice nor trustworthy person.
Montana
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good points FoxURA

The Swift Boat Veterans for Truth was formed (as I understand it) to counter the false "war crimes" charges John Kerry repeatedly made against Vietnam veterans who served in Swift Boat units and elsewhere, and to accurately portray Kerry's brief tour in Vietnam as a junior grade Lieutenant.

Montana
FoxURA
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that is essentially the purpose.

The reason for my idea is that many people that I have talked to see Kerry's Vietnam experience as being irrelevant because of how long ago it happened. That is why it needs to be tied in with his current behavior. Doing so would serve to make relevant what Kerry did in Vietnam all those years ago and make them more likely to factor it in as they decide to vote for. If anything, this would put a seed in some Democrats and undecides to wheter or not Kerry is indeed the "Anybody But Bush" they are seeking to elect. This would quite possibly motivate some to vote for the other obvious ABB, Nader, thereby dividing the Liberal vote and significantly decreasing Kerry's chance of victory.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: