SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No major attack from the Dems to end the week?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: No major attack from the Dems to end the week? Reply with quote

This is odd? Usually the Dems launch an attack on Bush right before the weekend to deflect and keep their silly butt's out of the news.

Maybe they gave up since Rather is on the news every minute of the day now.

Last edited by SangRun Hunter on Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Friday, maybe nobody in Kerry's campaign showed up for "work". They are truely in a bind at this point, I think. Very Happy
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably out buying up old Olympia and Selectrics off of Ebay for an October surprise!
thrawn21
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno, perhaps Hurricane Ivan is keeping the Dems off of the air this Friday. However, I was still hit with the bad news with "Hurricane Terissa" coming to State College yesterday. I hope I'm not the only one in State College who feels that way.
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were speculating on FOX that Kerry has 'given up'. Of course the DNC hack dujour vehemently denied it. The DNC is the party of vehemenance. Say it loud and fast to cover the fact that it is just another sad little lie.

I do not wish misfortune on anyone, not even Kerry, but look at him in the close ups today. Hunted, haunted, and angry.

My grandmother always told me that the life we live and the character we form in our 20's shows up in our middle age. She said that outward beauty would cover many sins in our youth, but that eventually it all catches up, and can not be hidden.

Look at the President. Look at Kerry. Look at Mrs. HypenKerry. Look at Mrs. Bush.

You tell me, was my Grandma smart, or what?
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmymac wrote:
They were speculating on FOX that Kerry has 'given up'. Of course the DNC hack dujour vehemently denied it. The DNC is the party of vehemenance. Say it loud and fast to cover the fact that it is just another sad little lie.

I do not wish misfortune on anyone, not even Kerry, but look at him in the close ups today. Hunted, haunted, and angry.

My grandmother always told me that the life we live and the character we form in our 20's shows up in our middle age. She said that outward beauty would cover many sins in our youth, but that eventually it all catches up, and can not be hidden.

Look at the President. Look at Kerry. Look at Mrs. HypenKerry. Look at Mrs. Bush.

You tell me, was my Grandma smart, or what?

Your grandma is very wise Very Happy
You shall reap what you sow
Woe to those who would call evil good and good evil
Stacman
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well there is a new ad running today from them about Cheney and Halliburton, which I guess was kicked off with his rhetorical speech today. He's been promising as president to fire any companies taking advantage of the US military, and maintain open bidding for contracts. This is supposedly where he plans to award France some of our work. I wonder if he'll address Heinz outsourcing to a variety of foreign countries? Apparently it'll be running in New Mexico for one, and somewhere else. I just read it a short while ago and am trying to find the link, but I'm missing it at the moment.

I'd really like to see Halliburton file some type of legal action, as the DNC's unsubstantiated claims could be argued to cause irrepairable harm to it's future business (or something to that effect)...

Last edited by Stacman on Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Skypilot
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like she was a very insightful and wise women there Kimmy. It appears to me that their faces almost show a sign of resignation, but we must keep our focus on target until this storm has passed. Wink
Please Mr. Kerry Sign Form #180 Now!
Let the truth set you free? NOT!
Stacman
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No time for complacency. Bury him deep. In fact, I don't want to settle for anything than destroying Kerry's life completely. He's earned it...
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stand corrected!

The Cheney Halliburton thing and now Kerry says Bush has a secret plan to call up troops right after election.

Well, we are at war and we do have some issues in Iraq which I myself never expected it to be going as good as it has. I'm not saying that the 1000 lives lost is cheap, but I sort of expected it to be worse than it is, but not a Vietnam thing like certain senators say.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The weekend DEM accusation
Kerry Accuses Bush of Hiding Troops Plan
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040917/D855JFG80.html
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad to hear President Bush plans on calling up more troops after the election. He would do it before, but as their CIC he needs the votes, and the DNC will not allow our troops absentee ballots to be counted. Evil or Very Mad

As Gen Tommy Franks has said over and over, we need to increase troop strength in Iraq.

I mourn the potential loss of life, but I submit the overall losses will be lower, not higher, with increased force strength.

If the DNC thinks this is going to help them they need to stop smoking dope with the crowd over at "Rock the Vote" and wake up and smell the napalm burning down Kerry's candidacy.
bsjracing
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing, and not having served, I don't know if my opinion holds water here.

These troops in the reserves and guard volunteered, and one of the deals with being in the military is the chance you may have to go serve.

If you're going to burn the US flag, at least have the decency to wrap yourself in it first.
Stacman
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SangRun Hunter wrote:
I stand corrected!

The Cheney Halliburton thing and now Kerry says Bush has a secret plan to call up troops right after election.

Well, we are at war and we do have some issues in Iraq which I myself never expected it to be going as good as it has. I'm not saying that the 1000 lives lost is cheap, but I sort of expected it to be worse than it is, but not a Vietnam thing like certain senators say.

We've lost more personnel post-war than during the main conflict itself. And all because we're forced to humanely fight an unconventional war against an invisible enemy. The mere appearance of harming innocents would outrage everyone. The enemy knows full well we won't target someone unless they're holding an RPG. So they blend with the locals. For that reason, there has to be collateral damage involved if we're to win. As for the innocent locals allowing the insurgents to blend without speaking up and identifying them, makes them just as culpable, and therefore a valid target...

Of course, that's only my opinion....
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:22 pm    Post subject: Calling up troops Reply with quote

I'm not sure what the Kerry people are talking about, but Bush has OPENLY said he is sending 700 more troops to Afghanistan (not Iraq) to monitor the elections there (probably to prevent the Taliban from killing voters). No secrets, just common sense.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: