SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ACTIONS You Can Take Now!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dwight Callaway
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:41 pm    Post subject: ACTIONS You Can Take Now! Reply with quote

ACTIONS You Can Take Now! - Right Where You Live

Actions You Can Take Now

Here are some modest ideas that could make a huge difference if enough people will do them. This is only a “starter list” of potential actions. If you have more and BETTER ideas, please post them.

1) Tell people you know about this website. (www.swiftvets.com) And do not limit this to veterans only. Tell everybody. We need everybody we can reach.

2) Email people you know and tell them that the truth is here. Send them the URL for this site and the URL’s for any other sites or articles on the internet that you feel are effective.

3) Call your local talk radio show(s) and tell everybody about this site. You can do this even if the host is hostile or wimpy and doesn’t want to talk about it.

4) Request that the host book someone from the Swift Vets to come on his show for a guest segment. Request that the host try to book someone from Swift Vets and one of Kerry’s defenders to have a debate on his show. Be sure to stress the fact that Kerry and his "loyalists" refuse to debate with the Swift Vets.

5) Collect the e-mail addresses of as many media outlets as you care to --such as radio, TV, newspapers, writers, talk show hosts, civic organizations, veterans organizations, etc. Send them a brief synopsis of Kerry’s lies about Vietnam – include this site’s URL and others. You are essentially acting as a volunteer publicist for O’Neill’s book and this website.

6) Write letters to the editor of your local paper or national publications.

7) Donate money to Swift Vets. This is ONE thing you can do, not the only thing.

8) Really STUDY this story with the goal of knowing what you are talking about regarding John Kerry in Vietnam. The reason is so you will be empowered, confident and convincing as you tell others.

9) If Kerry comes to your town for a rally, or there is any kind of political rally where lots of people will be and the media will be, then show up with signs and literature and get this story out. Challenge the media to be honest and cover this.

10) Get together with other Swift Vet supporters who live near you, so that you can coordinate your activities and easily find a “wingman” for doing local “street” publicity. In a separate post I am going to ask the webmaster and Admin if they will set up a separate sub-forum so that visitors to this forum can find other activists on this issue near them.

11) Call or visit your local library tomorrow and request that they order a copy of O'neill's book - "Unfit for Command". Check on them in 2-3 days to make sure it is on order. If they haven't done it, ask to speak to the librarian and insist.

12) Locally contact your Navy League, Marine Corp League, etc. Advertise the Swiftvets.com site and network with any people already on board swiftvets to do local action in your city.

13) Make posts on other discussion forums and comment on blogs about Swift Vets. Be sure to include a link to www.swiftvets.com

Do as many of these things as you want. Anything you do along these lines will be beneficial.

I, like many of you, have been galvanized by the Swift Vet story. It is a big temptation to just read all the great stuff on this site and read other articles about this story and to talk to each other on this forum. But if we want to win, WE MUST DO MORE. We must communicate effectively with the entire nation and educate millions about the real John Kerry. And it is not right and it rips us off, if we let just a few guys do all the work. And if most of us really do nothing, we may lose, even though we have the war winning weapon – the truth about John Kerry. So that is why I wrote this. Let’s go tell that truth. Let’s use the awesome miracles we have today of websites and emails, etc. to tell millions.

Dwight Callaway

Last edited by Dwight Callaway on Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:45 pm; edited 4 times in total
republicanveteran
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the Bible:

"you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free"

We are getting the truth out.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Do as many of these things as you want. Anything you do along these lines will be beneficial.

Yes, everyone can make a difference.

If you can get ONE person to look deeper into the Kerry campaign's portrayal of the "Kerry-war-hero," you will have accomplished something.

Point out to people that for Kerry's little movie to have been honest, it would have spent EIGHT times as much film and time on his VVAW activities as it spent on his time in Vietnam.

As for creating a forum for local networking, I have some reservations about this regarding privacy and personal safety issues, but perhaps we can overcome them. Feel free to PM either me#1you#10 or me and we can kick it around.

Thank you very much for your enthusiasm and your reminder that everyone can make a difference! Totally concur!
soccer4ever
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great post
Bob Chamberlain
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: The democrats are mobilized against Bush Reply with quote

I also believe that the Swiftvets story and the efforts being made by everyone involved with this campaign may provide the margin of defeat for John Kerry. But sometimes I wonder if enough Americans really care about the truth - or honesty and integrity. I got into a discussion with a neighbor this last weekend. An argument really. Both he and his wife are committed to voting for John Kerry. Not at all because of anything they believe John Kerry has done or even what he might do in the future. They will vote for him simply because they feel that George Bush and the Republicans "stole" the 2000 election. They are as angry about this perceived theft as I am (and have been) about John Kerry's anti-war activities. They don't give a damn about the man, his character or even his policies. All that matters is that he is the Democratic candidate and they want REVENGE on George Bush. How can you counter that feeling with logic or truth? This type of attitude makes it even more critical that we do everything we can to reach people with open minds. If we can move even 3% or 4% of the voters, it will be enough.
Dwight Callaway
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:20 am    Post subject: Re: Swift Vets Are The Key To Victory Reply with quote

Bob Chamberlain wrote:
But sometimes I wonder if enough Americans really care about the truth - or honesty and integrity. I got into a discussion with a neighbor this last weekend. An argument really. Both he and his wife are committed to voting for John Kerry. .

Bob-

We will never convince them all. We don't need to. But you gotta focus on what we can do, not what we can't. Do not waste your breath on people who are fundamentally corrupt and dishonest.

Focus on what we are going to "do to them", not what they might do to us. That is the attitude of victory.

I heard a story (possibly legend) of a time when Gen. Grant caught his staff (again) talking in awe about Confederate Gen. Robt. E. Lee. How Bobby Lee was gonna do this and then that, how he was superman. Grant exploded in anger and said "listen you peckerwoods, you stop talking about what Bobby Lee is gonna do to us and start thinking and talking about what we are gonna do to him!"

As a southerner and admirer of the military skills of Gen. Lee, I also admire Gen. Grant. HE THOUGHT LIKE A WINNER AND HE WAS A WINNER.

We need to take a lesson here. Yes, the dems are coming after us. We have to work harder, and be better prepared. I am sick and tired of the Swift Vets and their defenders getting chopped up in the media, by well rehearsed and better prepared demo_rats. Read my post above again please and then go do some of those things. You'll feel better.

Take care,
Dwight
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: