SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

cbs news
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
donbon
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:44 pm    Post subject: cbs news Reply with quote

Just so I have this straight. Dan Rather, or any other news person can make up any false story, supply fake support documents, have them discovered as bogus, but insist the story is true, and we all are supposed to believe it blindly because Dan wouldn't say it if it wasn't true.
Right, thats the freedom we all spent our years in service defending.
Nobody can check the PO Box 34567 angle?
Nobody remembers periods were not used EVER after rank ie: CPT, MSG, etc
When caught,use an 86 year old self confirmed Bush hater's memory as a source.
Ignore Rather's "expose" about war crimes that checked none of the facts but pushed the media agenda that we were all monsters.

And I don't know about all of you, but I'm sick and tired of all the Dem talking heads like Donna Brazile, Terry McAulliff, and that creature Carville that wouldn't know any other way of talking without attacking, call the Swifties outright liars and pawns of the Bush campaign. Its infuriating that they can get away with impunity

Keep up the good work all, God be with you.
spartan
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:23 pm    Post subject: re: the dems talking heads Reply with quote

you know after reading the your message and noting the name carville and the word creature in the same sentence it occurred to me ...

the dems are full of extraterrestials !!!

no **** think about it

Carvelle. Colmes, Donaldson and even to some extent terry mccallaufe

they all have that same ET look !!!!!

lets get some DNA and either rule out the possibility or confirm it .

PS if my replies abrubtly stop after this post - call fox mulder over at the FBI

Tim
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RobD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

donbon,
I agree, it is ridiculous what CBS and Rather are trying to do. One angle they are using is that the accusations that are in the fake documents are true because Bush has not denied them. WTH! It you follow that logic then if you call Kerry a communist plant and he does not deny it then it must be true. Oh, ah, maybe that was not a good example.
Montana
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it interesting that Dan Rather is advising other networks
and journalists to stop asking him questions and instead start
asking the President.

Yet, Dan is not giving the same advice to the press about
Kerry and the issues raised in Unfit for Command, Kerry´s
military and medical records, etc.

Montana
stylin19
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a small redeeming factor in James Carville. Carville is a Marine- - around 1966-1968. Attained E-4.
I hate it when one goes bad.
BigAl533
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylin19 wrote:
There is a small redeeming factor in James Carville. Carville is a Marine- - around 1966-1968. Attained E-4.
I hate it when one goes bad.

My Drill Instructors said if we didn't listen to them, we would be s**tbirds, but that was ok, too, because The Corps used s**tbirds to stop bullets so good Marines could live.

Semper Fi!

Big Al
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject: now I get it Reply with quote

Hey Spartan, I think your right, Ive just seen a memo that says james carville played the banjo in the movie deliverance with Burt Reynolds. Those guys you mentioned all sort look the same. Im gona shoot this post over to kamikazi dan so he can do a story on it!
MiltonThrasher
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject: Bush Has Now Raised Questions About CBS Documents Reply with quote

Bush Raises Questions About CBS Documents as reported on the
Drudge Report.

Go to www.drudgereport.com for details.
in his books and speeches. Vote for Bush/Cheney '04. Korean War vet.
ranch hand
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just went to the cbsnews web site to see if they are reporting on the memos.

They are!

They have a huge story on H.W. Macdougald, who they claim broke the story on the fake memos.

CBS trashes MacDougald as a Republican operative. Attack the messenger tactics.

In my opinion, it is okay to attack the messenger when the messenger makes up the message.

R. Evans

USAF, VN 1969-70
ThaLeena
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even a better thing about Carniville, he is married to Republican. So every day of his life he gets to be reminded of how he is dominated by a republican. I hope she makes him get on his knees too.
Truegrit
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:57 am    Post subject: CBS Continues to Stonewall Reply with quote

The CBS 60 Minutes Wed edition continues its stonewalling. On its online edition, you will find a picture of the secretary who worked in the typing pool assisting Killian and others. Why is she so prominent? Although she says the memos are fakes, she supports the "truth" of the story that Dan Rather has been spinning about Prez. Bush's guard service. Oddly, one does not see an interview with Staudt, the superior officer who has come forward to say that no pressure was exerted on Killian to sugarcoat the report on Bush's duty.

So, the CBS stonewall continues, thanks to the partisan bias that motivated the story to begin with. You can't get through by phone, at 212-975-6200 because the voicemail inbox is full. You can email them at 60II@cbsnews.com -- or you can write a complaint to Andrew Heyward, Prez of the News Division, address: 524 West 57th St. N.Y., N.Y., 10019.

Write, email -- and help break down their stonewall against the real truth about the forgeries.
ranch hand
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonight, I'm going to watch Dan Rather and CBS News to see how they report their screwup.

Will it be at the beginning of the show or the end?

After that, I will NEVER watch CBS News again.

R Evans

USAF, VN 1969-70
Truegrit
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:11 pm    Post subject: CBS has not come completely clean Reply with quote

CBS is doing the minimal damage control. They need to report on why their system for verification broke down, especially in light of the fact that Burkett had to be known to them as a vehement Bush hater. Knowing that about the middleman, they should have doubled, tripled their internal checks.

No other conclusion can be drawn but that CBS was motivated by bias. They need to come clean on that. They also need to investigate the original source of the documents, if not Burkett.

My suspicion is that somebody in the Kerry campaign is involved and that there is now a cover up, potentially including CBS, to prevent exposure of the Kerry campaign staff's involvement. They are letting Burkett take the fall, when they should be pressuring him to reveal the anonymous source.

CBS still has a way to go to clean up this mess. You can convey your feelings on this to Andrew Heyward by emailing him at:

60II@cbsnews.com
Sgt-Keeper
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:10 pm    Post subject: USMC MARINE Reply with quote

Was Carville a USMC Marine or a Dan Rather marine?
Truegrit
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:24 pm    Post subject: New CNN News Program: Unimpeachable Sources Reply with quote

The "Reliable Sources" weekend media commentary program, featuring Howard Kurtz (who did an excellent job assisting with the dissection of the CBS forgeries scandal) is changing its name to:

Unimpeachable Sources.

Ok, it's a joke.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: