SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Since I can't post this in the Vets Only forum...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdmcg
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: Since I can't post this in the Vets Only forum... Reply with quote

I'm only 26 so it'll be rather obvious why I can't. This may be my only post in this forum, I haven't decided yet.

To the honorable Veterans:

I just want to thank you all for serving. Thank you all for putting your lives on the line for freedom. Even though others may call you names and call you liers for what you know to be true, there are many more of us who respect you and know that you all are better people than we could ever be.

May God Bless you all.

Jeremy
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy, thank you.

I find it odd that we receive more respect from your generation than we ever did from our own who now wish to shove John Kerry down our throats as a "war hero."

I hope this won't be your only post. I would like to hear from more your age as to how you view Kerry and Bush. What is your take on his "hero" status after he spent more time protesting and denigrating the same war he called immoral and illegal?
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheesh! Can't just take a compliment without milking a political opportunity?
Morto
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky wrote:

Spark,

Have the common decency to keep your Rear Echelon Oedipist's blatherings to yourself when you haven't started the thread or have nothing constructive to contribute.

From what I've seen, most of your bloviating is bovine excretement, so keep it in your mouth, chew on it, and then swallow.
Craig

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Morto"]
sparky wrote:

From what I've seen, most of your bloviating is bovine excretement, so keep it in your mouth, chew on it, and then swallow.

Cool. You would teach what you know best. Wink
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDMCG, you are more than welcome, we thank you as well. Your generation needs to keep our current soldiers on a pedestal so they may not endure the horror that many Veterans have for the past 30 years. Pass the word that us Veterans who served will not let the likes of Kerry destroy our newest veterans who now serve. Your head is screwed on right and your parents should be proud, it is refreshing to have patriots on this board. Keep posting we need people like you. As you have seen there are some on here that would post just to waste bandwidth. The negative posters have not served this country and are not Veterans. So just ignore them and post to us that are, we need it. This is an anti Kerry for Commander and Chief site but there are some that appear to have been sent here by the DNC to discredit the Veterans and disrupt this board. Semper Fi.
jdmcg
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I guess I could post a few more times. Laughing Anywho, I don't have many friends that are much into politics. But my 2 other roommates seem somewhat towards conservative, but not totally. One of my roommates got back from Iraq this last February. He wasn't mad or anything about it, he seemed kinda blase about it. My other roommate and I wouldn't be able to handle being in the military, even though we support those that are.

My brother-in-law is over there now and my family is pretty supportive of him, as am I, even though I haven't sent any kind of care package yet. I'm planning on it though.

But the real reason I am supportive of the military is that my dad was in the Navy for about 25 years or so. So yeah, I was a Navy brat. Was born in Japan, lived in S. Carolina, Virginia, Iceland, & Scotland before we moved back stateside.
--------------
So now with that aside. I personally don't like Kerry at all with all these facts that I've seen of him & his TRAITOROUS acts. I would definitely be a day to hang the flag at half staff if Kerry ever get into the highest office. I'm sure I've seen it around somewhere that he used the system to get his band-aid purple hearts.

I do personally like President Bush. He is someone you can trust. He may have his faults, but he's able to laugh at himself. The Pres. able to get the best people to do the job, even though he may not totally agree with them.

I'd rather have a know 'em all instead of an elitist know-it-all. I'd rather have someone who actually cares for people. And President Bush actually respects the military. Not something you could ever find in cold heart Kerry.

Sorry about making this into a slight rant, but I think some things had to be said.

Here's another site with some political cartoons on Skerry as well: http://www.iowapresidentialwatch.com/

Have a good day now all.

Last edited by jdmcg on Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bhist
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, JD, that was a moving post. The link to the article with the photo of Bush hugging the little girl made my day. Bush is a real person and a brave man. I can't even begin to imagine what four years would be like if Kerry gets elected. It'll set our country back to the Clinton years.

If every voter could see that photo of Bush and the little girl, then his election would be a landslide to victory.
Keith
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhist wrote:
Well, JD, that was a moving post. The link to the article with the photo of Bush hugging the little girl made my day. Bush is a real person and a brave man. I can't even begin to imagine what four years would be like if Kerry gets elected. It'll set our country back to the Clinton years.

If every voter could see that photo of Bush and the little girl, then his election would be a landslide to victory.

If you like that, you'll like this too:

http://thinkinboutstuff.netfirms.com/

You'll need to scroll down to below the photo. There is a video of the dad and daughter being interviewed. There's also a link to the article.

Keith
Hydrology_joe
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: Many many thanks Reply with quote

I just wanted to express my gratitude to all of the veterans who have served to protect our freedom. I respect you for all you haven given to your country. It was YOUR actions that ensured that the cowards and whining-appeasers at DU could have freedom. Thank you very much for your sacrifice!

The discussions at this website have spurred me to do some more investigating of my own. As I look into many of the issues, the more I find myself becoming disgusted with Kerry's actions with VVAW, following his "service", and later during his political career. This site motivated me to read "Stolen Valor" by Burkett & Whitley to learn more about Viet Nam veterans, including the Winter Soldier sham. Now I understand how Viet Nam veterans were betrayed by Kerry and his ilk. Everything that I have discovered shows that Kerry does only by what will benefit himself and cares not for what it does to others. By his own actions, I consider Kerry to be nothing but a self-centered, egotistical, pompous, traitor; who is not fit to be C-I-C.

My support for the coming election is firmly behind George W. Bush. He has proven time and again, by his convictions and actions, that he is fit to be C-I-C and president of the United States.
95 bxl
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky wrote:

Well, Sparkles, it didn't apply to you, so what difference does it make?
Bhist
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Many many thanks Reply with quote

Hydrology_joe wrote:
I just wanted to express my gratitude to all of the veterans who have served to protect our freedom. I respect you for all you haven given to your country. It was YOUR actions that ensured that the cowards and whining-appeasers at DU could have freedom. Thank you very much for your sacrifice!

The discussions at this website have spurred me to do some more investigating of my own. As I look into many of the issues, the more I find myself becoming disgusted with Kerry's actions with VVAW, following his "service", and later during his political career. This site motivated me to read "Stolen Valor" by Burkett & Whitley to learn more about Viet Nam veterans, including the Winter Soldier sham. Now I understand how Viet Nam veterans were betrayed by Kerry and his ilk. Everything that I have discovered shows that Kerry does only by what will benefit himself and cares not for what it does to others. By his own actions, I consider Kerry to be nothing but a self-centered, egotistical, pompous, traitor; who is not fit to be C-I-C.

My support for the coming election is firmly behind George W. Bush. He has proven time and again, by his convictions and actions, that he is fit to be C-I-C and president of the United States.

I'm glad that this website encouraged you to do your research. I can suggest another very interesting book to read. It's not about Vietnam, but it explains in detail how men can fake being veterans or if they're veterans how easily they can fake where they weren't or what medals they didn't really received.

This book is "No Gun Ri: A Military History of the Korean War Incident" by Robert Bateman. The story is told that the 7th Cavalry (Custer's unit) killed innocent non-combatants on July 26, 1950. The story won a Pulitzer Prize for the A.P. in 1999. Well, the story was made from fake veterans, many who weren't even there. One man comes to mind, Ed Daily, who I actually knew at one time. I never suspected him for the fake he was. Well, Robert Bateman who was a long time friend of Daily became suspicious and researched Daily's story and found it full of loopholes. More investigation found Daily lied about many things. Bateman explains how these men get away with it and how they even acquire medals that are not theirs, to show them off.

The book does not get into Kerry at all, but after reading it one can understand why many reports are now discrediting many of the men Kerry led in the anti-war effort has men who lied about their service or were not even veterans in the first place. Kerry may very well have been fooled by these men as I was by Daily, however, now that it can be shown otherwise Kerry doesn't have the balls to admit that many of the men that claimed to be baby killers were probably not even in Vietnam to kill babies or if they were they were probably behind the lines digging latrines.
waltjones
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:52 pm    Post subject: You're welcome! Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind words, Jeremy.

Semper Fi!
Big Kahuna
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I considered it have been an honor to have served my country and I'd do it again in a second. It wasn't easy being a GI in the 60s and early 70s. Some of the kids I grew up with all of a sudden didn't want to know me after I enlisted (4 days after turning 17). Back then, the only kids to not have long sideburns and long hair were the GIs -- so even back home on leave you received some strange stares.

I became a man the minute I got off the bus at Basic Training. The lessons learn have helped me in the 30 years since I left the military. I feel Vets of my generation can peg another Vet of our generation pretty easily. There is something that makes us different from those our age that were not GIs.
Top 10 Weasels.com is where Kerry is Weasel #1
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Since I can't post this in the Vets Only forum... Reply with quote

jdmcg wrote:
I'm only 26 so it'll be rather obvious why I can't. This may be my only post in this forum, I haven't decided yet.

To the honorable Veterans:

I just want to thank you all for serving. Thank you all for putting your lives on the line for freedom. Even though others may call you names and call you liers for what you know to be true, there are many more of us who respect you and know that you all are better people than we could ever be.

May God Bless you all.

Jeremy

Thank you,

God Bless you as well.

I have 3 sons 22, 19, & 17

My 19 year old is a communications major looking forward to being able to make an honest contribution in public debate. My 19 year old is in the Navy & his 17 year old brother will be entering into the Navy after Christmas.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: