SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

7 votes changed!!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rich
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:26 pm    Post subject: 7 votes changed!!!! Reply with quote

Yes "7"! Seven Kerry votes that I helped change by discussion and the sending of webpages like this one out. And in a key, contested state too. 5 of them have been coppers I work with, "dont even ask me why a American Police Officer would even think of voting for Kerry"?

Im not leaning on anyone and every American has a right to vote for whomever they want. But its fascinating how many people have just never heard balanced coverage of Hanoi John and his escapades. I despised the news media prior to all this so I cant really say its a let down or a surprise. And it is no surprise that the Liberal/leftitist news machine is trying to manipulate American public opinion.........again!!

But theres one big difference between 1969 and 2004, and its called the Internet. Lets all get on board and make one final effort to send Johnny down that river one last time.

And you know what those 7 told me after viewing this page and others? They told me it was Kerrys own words that changed their minds about him.........................Rich
srmorton
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE IT!! Great job!
BC
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go Rich Very Happy

I have got 3 and working on a 4th and 5th one right now. the 4th one doesn't really care for kerry but she is afraid for her Social Security. the 5th one is a hard core liberal democrat. I don't think i will ever change his mind but it's fun making him stutter his words looking for answers that are just not there. Twisted Evil
SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHAT A GREAT POST! THANKS RICH, IT'S ALWAYS
GREAT TO GET GOOD NEWS, ESPECIALLY HERE! Very Happy

Really support the troops, send them a letter and care package! Visit:http://www.anysoldier.com
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a plan for when I come across an empty headed hard core liberal democrat. I havn't found one yet but when I do, this is the plan.

Suggest that if Kerry wins it would be a disaster for the democratic party. They will give me a sort of confused slack jawed look and I will say, "because, if Kerry wins, only 1 of 2 things can happen. 1. He does a great job in his first term and locks Hillary out of the white house probably forever. OR 2. He is an unmitigated disaster of a president (if they have a brain cell in their heads they know this is more likely) and in 2008 he will loose reelection thereby keeping democrats out of the white house for the next 20 years at least AND due to the residual bad blood with the people and the democratic party, likely republicans will have control of both the house and the senate as well. Therefore, if you are loyal to your party the only thing you can do is vote for George Bush and start planning for 2008."

They will then say, "wow, I never thought of it that way!"

And I will nod sagely.

I'll let you all know it works out.

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Montana
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two copies of Unfit for Command that are making
the rounds of the undecided (and those who want to
read the book, but canīt get it). The more people
who read the book the better.

Great job Rich. Keep it up.

Montana
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My copy of UFC is on its forth person, while I do not think any of these people were voting for kerry, after they read it they do come and donate to the swift vets. Plus it ensures that they do get out and vote for Bush.
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am up to 33 but I live in a pretty conservative county in NC. Most had just not taken the time to look at either candidate. several were pro-NRA. I have had several fierce but controlled discussions with hard core libs. NC is going for BUSH!!!!!!!!!!
srmorton
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buffman,

I live in NC and I never doubted it for a minute! Maybe with your
great work the Republicans can take the Governor and Senate
races as well. I am a state employee so I have no love for Easley,
but the Senate race is much more important. John Edwards spent
his four years on the Judiciary Committee voting AGAINST the kind
of judges that the majority of North Carolinians would support. One
of the most important reasons for defeating John Kerry is to prevent
the liberal take-over of the courts that would undoubtedly result.
Bowles is doing just what Edwards did during his one (and thankfully
only) Senate campaign - trying to sound conservative when he is
really another Clinton clone.
ETEE
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My copy of UFC is being read by my Boss's wife.(Engineering Firm) She is sort of the Queen of the local Ladies Garden Club set. So far, she's probably changed more minds in a week than I have all year!!! So far, no one at work will vote for Kerry with only one non-voter. Louisiana may also have one additional Senator and Congressman go Republican this year. The term "voting a streight ticket" comes up a lot when you mention Kerry. Seems Kerry has cost the Democratic Party dearly in the South.
mascari
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

srmorton wrote:
Buffman,

I live in NC and I never doubted it for a minute! Maybe with your
great work the Republicans can take the Governor and Senate
races as well. I am a state employee so I have no love for Easley,
but the Senate race is much more important. John Edwards spent
his four years on the Judiciary Committee voting AGAINST the kind
of judges that the majority of North Carolinians would support. One
of the most important reasons for defeating John Kerry is to prevent
the liberal take-over of the courts that would undoubtedly result.
Bowles is doing just what Edwards did during his one (and thankfully
only) Senate campaign - trying to sound conservative when he is
really another Clinton clone.

Isn't Bowles pretty popular there though?
ArmyWife
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ETEE wrote:
My copy of UFC is being read by my Boss's wife.(Engineering Firm) She is sort of the Queen of the local Ladies Garden Club set. So far, she's probably changed more minds in a week than I have all year!!! So far, no one at work will vote for Kerry with only one non-voter. Louisiana may also have one additional Senator and Congressman go Republican this year. The term "voting a streight ticket" comes up a lot when you mention Kerry. Seems Kerry has cost the Democratic Party dearly in the South.

I was at a county fair here last Thursday, and visited the Democratic Party booth. They had all the literature for the local candidates in the front and center spots on the table, and the Kerry-Edwards brochures were off to the sides. It looked to me like they are worried about their local candidates being pulled down by the suction when the Kerry boat sinks.

We all know that Tom Daschle, runnning for re-election in South Dakota ran a TV ad of him hugging Bush...not Kerry. When you say "Kerry has cost the Democratic Party dearly in the South", I'm thinking it may not just be the South!
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree Susan, I think the majority of the people I have talked with will pull straight ticket. Did you see the 30 minute ad a coalition of doctors aired for tort reform? It was pretty good, didn't say much about Edwards until the end--that he was a part of a core of senators blocking legislation for tort reform. They stated a doctor with no claims has to pay 190 grand a year for malpractice insurance so most are packing up and moving or quitting altogether. Small town doctors will be hard to find unless something is done. How did Edwards ever beat Lauch? I was away from Carolina when that happened.
As for the question about Bowles being popular, yes he is, mostly because he has run a pretty positive campaign until recently and most older voters voted for his father (the late Skipper Bowles). He will be hard to beat but Burr may have a chance if the presidential election becomes a landslide.
Misty
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you seen these?

http://www.votepair.org

http://www.expatsagainstbush.org

Diana Kerry, John Kerry's sister, is running all over the world giving speaches for expatriots.
Brother was on the USS Regulus - Vietnam
Husband was AirForce 3rd (34th) Tactical Fighter Wing - Security Police Bien Hoa Vietnam
happyday
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My accomplishments don't even come close to changing a lot of people's minds, as I'm lousy at debate. But I did change my daughter in law's mind (a rabid liberal) by telling her her ignorance was showing about Hanoi John, then explaining the parts of the story she hadn't heard. I also got two kids registered to vote (lol threatened with mom's sanctions if they didn't, i.e. no coming over for dinner any time soon.) It's not much, but I don't have a big circle of friends. Now I'm working on the downstairs neighbor who doesn't see a reason to register to vote in the first place. I keep pointing out that by not voting, she's letting other people make the rules and she doesn't have any say in it. Wish me luck, and Go Swiftees Go! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: