SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

those French.. its just gets worse and worse
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eXcel
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:09 am    Post subject: those French.. its just gets worse and worse Reply with quote

article:
http://news.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2004/09/19/wniger19.xml

blog:
http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=12716_French_Perfidy_Watch

Quote:
Italian diplomats have claimed that, by disseminating bogus documents stating that Iraq was trying to buy low-grade "yellowcake" uranium from Niger, France was trying to "set up" Britain and America in the hope that when the mistake was revealed it would undermine the case for war, which it wanted to prevent.
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta love those French...In September of 2001 my daughter was working after school and on Saturdays at a little local restaurant. On 11 September 2001 my daughter showed up for work after school as usual, with swollen eyes and a tear stained face. The owner of the restaurant, a French woman, asked her why she had been crying, and my daughter replied, "Because today thousands of people died for no good reason." And this French woman replied, "There were plenty of reasons, and you Americans had better get used to dying."

My daughter turned on her heel and walked out. The next day after school, instead of going to "Croissant Time" she presented herself at the local Navy recruiting station and began the process that has lead her to becoming a Level 5 trauma/surgical nurse, and she will be deploying to Iraq soon, to join her older brother who was at West Point on 11 Sept 2001.

Oh, and the owners of that restaurant? My daughter organized a peaceful protest outside their restaurant, complete with fliers, which resulted in a boycott of the restaurant. She also notified the IRS of irregularities she had noticed, which eventually led to the restaurant being padlocked. She was one baaaaadddd 17 year old!

Seems that they didn't mind taking our money and living within our borders, but they didn't believe in abiding by our laws.

DISCLAIMER: These views are Kimmymacs and do not neccesarily represent the views of the SBVFT. This anecdotal evidence is not meant to imply that all French people hate the US, refuse to pay their taxes, smell yucky, or are conspiring against us. The writer recognizes there may be many, many French citizens who remember the American lives lost in the liberation of France, and even smell okay. And someday, I hope to meet one of them.

Last edited by Kimmymac on Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Knighthawk
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My hat is off to your daughter. I don't know many 17 year old girls with intestinal fortitude like that.

Being the optimist that I am, this makes me believe that the future of America is going to be in good hands.

Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity! Lick it once and you'll suck forever.

If guns kill people, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil.

Knighthawk's Pictures!
arkadyfolkner
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must be one proud daddy to have a girl who knows how to stick to her guns, and how to use them!!
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! kimmymac you have one terrific family there. I know you are proud and I agree with Knighthawk that the next generation will.. is.. do(ing) us proud! CTW

Never Ever Kerry
Sisku Hanne
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a horrible thing to say to your daughter! Hope that French woman is happy watching her homeland being annexed to the middle east as we speak.

Your daughter is worth her weight in gold!
Kimmymac

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for all the kind comments. We are just an ordinary family living in an extraordinary time, but then hasn't each generation had their own challenges? 5 kids, some have found their way, some are still struggling, but I love them all. My kids are very patriotic, and I credit my parents for instilling that value. When the first song your kids learn to sing is The Marine Corp Hymn...Her grandpa is the one that talked her into going in the medical corp rather than into a traditional combat position. I don't know what all he said to her, but he was dead-set against her being in combat. He had very strong feelings about women in combat. Not because he didn't think they couldn't perform, but because he felt that combat is a life altering experience you never really get over, and if women are exposed to combat, we run the risk of losing an entire generation of nurturing.

arkady: I am a proud momma! (But her daddy is proud, too!)

If she had told us what she was planning on doing, we would have tried to disuade her, to be honest. Anything that puts her in harm's way, of any kind, you know. She's our little girl, after all... when it was time to get her a used car we spent two weeks looking into the safety records of cars. She was almost ten before I let her walk across the street without me, for crying out loud. So the idea of her being in Iraq makes me....well, you can imagine. But when that kid makes up her mind about anything she is resolute. Her brother spent part of one West Point summer learning to scuba dive with Navy SEALS, and when he came home I asked if they were tough. He said, "Yes. But I was prepared. Look at the women in this family. " Smile

She got through 5 years of schooling and training in 3 and a half years, and is completly set on going to where the worst casualties are going to be because in her mind those are the troops that will need her the most. I keep saying, "Wouldn't you like a nice assignment to some place like Trippler? Nice weather there..."

Don't give up on the young people of our country, Knighthawk. We have given them quite a challenge, and placed many temptations in their path. The whole drug thing is devastating. But I believe God will raise up leaders from their generation more than equal to the challenges ahead of us.
Bill Levinson
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sisku Hanne wrote:
What a horrible thing to say to your daughter! Hope that French woman is happy watching her homeland being annexed to the middle east as we speak.

The French love Islamofascists. They put the Ottoman Empire up into attacking Vienna in 1683, and then tried to bribe the Polish Parliament into vetoing war with the Turks. Some things never change. This is what the French deserve: http://www.omdurman.org/leaflets/paris.html

"Eleven thousand Allied soldiers lie buried in well-tended peace at Etaples, on the Channel coast near Le Touquet, victims of the struggle by Anglo-Saxons to liberate the French from the German invaders during the First World War."
"Last week the obelisk raised in their memory was defiled by red-painted insults such as 'Rosbeefs go home'; 'May Saddam prevail and spill your blood'; and, in a reference to the long-dead casualties beneath the manicured turf, 'They are soiling our land'." http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,5944-631671,00.html April 02, 2003 "One in three French backs Saddam" By Charles Bremner and Alan Hamilton

The French should really appreciate Americans more. After all, in 1916-1918 and 1943-1945, their women were able to meet suitors who didn't call them "Fraulein," and who could provide nylon stockings and chocolates instead of sausages and cabbage.

-----------------------
On another note, history's most famous French people were not even French!

Charles Martel was a FRANK
Charlemagne (his grandson) was a FRANK, whose mother was Bertha (not a very French name)
Cyrano de Bergerac was a GASCON
Napoleon Bonaparte (the only French leader in recent history who won a major war) was a CORSICAN
Marie Sklodowska (Curie), won two Nobel Prizes-- self-explanatory

Louis XIV (the Sun King)-- depending on which version of "The Three Musketeers" you read, he was the illegitimate son of the Duke of Buckingham and therefore half ENGLISH. Of course. D'Artagnan was a GASCON and not a real Frenchman either, although the Cardinal's Guards were probably genuine Frenchmen.

The famous military engineer Vauban was apparently French http://www.worldhistory.com/wiki/V/Vauban.htm, which simply shows that recessive genes (in the case of the French, for intelligence and courage) do come to the surface periodically.

The only other French person of any value who comes to mind was Joan of Arc, who was sold out by the equally French Dauphin Charles (the same genius who sent the tennis balls to Henry V and had his army shot to pieces at Agincourt).
Kimmymac

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great post, Bill. And let us not forget that it was France that gave aid and comfort to the Ayatollah Khomeini, until the inept Carter administration allowed the Shah to be deposed, setting the stage for the Iran hostage taking and subsequent nuclear threat which looms over us.

And it is no coincidence that Saddam's family was protected and petted by Chirac's government. After all, Iraq pumped billions and billions of dollars into the French economy under the Oil for Food scamarama.

John Kerry's foreign policy position: John Kerry will not fight the Axis of Evil--he will join it!
bsjracing
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In regards to the Americans buried at Normandy and elsewhere through France, I think it's time we brought them home.

If you're going to burn the US flag, at least have the decency to wrap yourself in it first.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: back stabbers Reply with quote

Thats my kinda kid,
Now my 2 cents worth"VIVA LA FREEDOMFRIES"
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"In regards to the Americans buried at Normandy and elsewhere through France, I think it's time we brought them home".

I agree, time to bring them home.
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My step-dad was born in Tunis (A french province in Northern Africa) of Italian parents who had fled Italiy in WWII. Eventauly most of the very large family made it to America. The rest went to France.

This family is still very close and frequently we have visits from the French side and fairly often the family in the USA visits Paris.

The elders all speak 5 languages, are well educated and have a good grasp of world events.

I have a point really.. bear with me.

I'm exposed to French people on a regular basis and you might be surprised to learn that they can't stand Cirac. They say that the alternative to Cirac was 100% communist and he was the lesser of 2 evils. They say the country is being over run with Arabs. They are disgusted and distraut over the state of affairs in their country.

What is most interesting is, at least in this one family, they really hate Kerry. More forcefully than most Americans do.

I don't know how typical this family is of the French people but it wouldn't surprise me at all to learn that the majority of people in France are no more happy with their government than we would be if Kerry won the election here.

All that said, I have to say that the image of Kimmy's daughter at 17 boycotting the French Cafe super imposes itself over the image of Kimmy at 4 calling her neighbors dirty wibals. Like mother like daughter. You've got to be so proud of her!

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
lftrn97
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Does the restaurant still exist? Reply with quote

I did agoogle search and found "Croissant Time" in Austin wiht a phone # and it answered when I called.
Kimmymac

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The restaurant was not in Austin, but further south. We do not live in Austin. Maybe they reopened somewhere else, possibly someone else has the same DBA because it is a different county, but regardless:

please don't harrass those people, whoever they are!

Ugh! Those are the dark-siders tactics.

Last edited by Kimmymac on Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: