SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

One small statement that wins the election for Bush!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MissouriVeteransDaughter
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:50 am    Post subject: One small statement that wins the election for Bush!! Reply with quote

George W. Bush gave one answer tonight that I believe won him the election! It was the question about what the women in his life have taught him and he immediately said "I Listen". Did you notice the audience-- spontaneous approving laughter. I may be wrong and none of the pundits seemed to pick up on it, but I believe that small response might very well be his "Ronald Reagan" moment. The American people who were watching couldn't help but see his sincerity, and he probably won the hearts of thousands of women by his response and simply sharing how he feels for Laura. He is a plain spoken man, but, bottom line he is a good man with a good heart, and we can trust what he says.
"Lord...Who may live on your holy hill? He whose walk is blameless and who does what is righteous, who speaks the truth from his heart and has no slander on his tongue, who does his neighbor no wrong and casts no slur on his fellowman" Ps15:1-3.
fr11
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You think women will really go for that over Kerry's "married up" comment? Wink
amer_i_can
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:02 am    Post subject: Marrying up Reply with quote

In my experience, people who say they "married up" never really mean it, they are just wanting people to say "nonsense she doesn't deserve you." Its called fishing for compliments and it stunk like rotten chum.

C.
arkadyfolkner
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, Komrade Kerry married up alright...

From a wife worth 300million - to a wife worth 700million!
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I believe that small response might very well be his "Ronald Reagan" moment.

I took notice and I think that other women did too. I mean really, who would you rather spend your life with? Kerry is isn't mate material, W wins hands down.
concernedgranny
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. He spoke with much compassionate about his wife and family and it really took me back. Do I think it will resonate with women? Yeah baby. I thought it showed Kerry to be very heartless. And they think he relates to the family? middle class? If the middle class have one thing going for them in these tuff times, with supposedly job loss in Ohio, lack of health care, it's that they depend on their family. I know that that is what has kept us going during tuff time. Our love for each other. He showed no family compassion. But look, Kerry can't build America up because he can't build his family up.
twicearound
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of women complain thier spouse doesn't listen, you bet this was good. When he said it kinda just struck home. Women believe if he listens to his wife she has say and will stand up for their sensitive and strong side. We all know how it feels to be truly listened to. Compared to Kerry's Cheney remark and not saying one kind thing about his wife speaks to his heart and soul. Bet he got it afterward. Women will respond.
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You better believe that resonated with women... and with men who have learned from experience.
I am repeating myself.

Compare: President Bush ALWAYS says that type of comment about Laura and it rings as a man honoring his wife...because she deserves it. And he is talking about her character. VS: Kerry who can only reference Teresa's MONEY. That revealed his true value system! That is Kerry. What else can he say? She never earned a true dime in her life and neither did he, in respect to their millions. They have money from the corporation they had absolutely nothing to do with starting or running. they live off a republican's family success, from the hard work of people in countries other than the US, the greatest OUTSOURCING in America, and she has done nothing to bond with the American people.

How one single hard working person in this country could vote for the quintessential WEALTHY, OPPORTUNISTIC, EXCESSIVE, WHITE MAN I will never understand!

How can he resonate with women, working people, gays, corporation owners, real men, healthcare workers, teachers? I don't get it. CTW

Never Ever Kerry
Tilly
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus, she inherited her millions from her REPUBLICAN husband .... go figure.

Sure hope she made Kerry sign a pre-nup!
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let us see what do women want --- for the men in our lives to listen to us, for the men in our lives to tell us they love us. What is the last thing most of us want to hear about --- HIS MOTHER.

I will be honest. I was a McCain supporter in 2000 and not particularily happy with George W. Bush as the nominee ---but his handling of the war on terror won my support.

Last night these answers and the answer on his faith, President Bush won my heart.

Yes, the undecided security moms and any other undecided women should have seen a true difference in candidates last night and found Kerry as the one who had nothing to recommend him.
ArmyMedicsMom
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bushs feelings about his family were touching, sincere and heartfelt.

After Kerry finished speaking about his wife, my husband, sternly said "He didn't even say he loved her"

He thought that was pretty lousy.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To clarify what John Kerry meant:

"I married up to Julia Thorne BEFORE I married up (to Tereeeza) AFTER she married up (to John Heinz)"
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawa wrote:
To clarify what John Kerry meant:

"I married up to Julia Thorne BEFORE I married up (to Tereeeza) AFTER she married up (to John Heinz)"

Gee and all this time I thought their left leaning environmental nonsense is what they had in common (They met at the Kyoto conference) .... now I see it goes to core values of what you look for in a spouse$$$$$. Laughing Laughing
Bystander
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When GWB made that simple statement 'I listen', I think most of the women in America replied: "Amen!" Has anyone other than me noticed that whenever the Skerry's embrace and toss their 'air kisses', Tuh-ray-za scrunches up her nose and squints her eyes as though in disgust? When she first emerged in the public eye, they didn't even use the 'air kisses.' Someone must have told her--force yourself! Laughing
twicearound
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THOUGHT YOU WOULD ENJOY THIS BLOG FROM NRO-KERRYSPOT

[quote]ASK ME ABOUT MY WIFE, I'LL TELL YOU ABOUT MY MOTHER [10/14 09:30 AM]

Wow. Judging by my e-mail box, Kerry's answer to the wife question - okay, specifically, "strong women" question - by talking about his mother was a big turn-off with women voters. As someone else noted, Kerry didn't even say the word "Teresa."

The lovely ladies who read the Kerry Spot may not be quite representative of the voting public at large. But this was an easy softball, and it sounds like Kerry had a Dukakis moment.

[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: