SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just back from Wisconsin.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PrinceLazar
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:49 am    Post subject: Just back from Wisconsin. Reply with quote

I just got back from Wisconsin today and had the Great happiness of seeing the president step out of Airforce one in Oshkosh.

As I left we drove by a bunch of Moore-ONS and I showed them the V for Victory sign and they cheered back to me, until my two v signs of my hands fused together and shaped a W!!

WOW, this was such a powerful reversal of message to these loonies in a few seconds that one of the women standing there with a "Bush kills babies" posters, actually DROPPED the poster and just stared at me, while a few others shout ***K you and other niceties.

On the same topic, I cannot imagine how much HanoiJohn shot hoimslef in the leg this last week. First the Gay-bashing of Cheney's lovely daughter and THEN Wisconsin hunters have appeared on talk shows to say how RIDICULOUS they find his claims of stalking deer in the woods with his 12-gauge.

While not excactly a hunter myself (I only fish), I have high respect for the hunter culture and without hunting, the deer population would wreack havoc on the modern ecosystem and especially the lovely forests of Wisconsin. Still, I used to be a decent short-range sniper in the army, but I would probably not even hit liberals from 3 yards with a shotgun, but at least I would be man enough to admit so..

I don't know, but I think hunters in Wisconsin, from the Red Cliff Res. natives north of Bayfield to deerhunters in the south must think Kerry either is a pathological liaer or playing prank with them.

One thing that disappointed me in Oshkosh was that I only saw about 40 Bush-haters. After all the talk about the millions of Bush-haters out there, I was expecting to be killed in a stampede. On the contrary, I was standing along with people by the airport watching AirForce One arrive and all of us were probably more than hundred, that had just arrived to see the plane!!!

The president held a speech in a hangar for people that had tickets. 10000 were issued for free, but I heard more than 15000 were admitted. Too bad I had to drive back to Chicago Embarassed Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

All in all Wisconsin is, as always a gorgeous place to be and the fall colors there are just breath-taking. For anyone ever interested in a great place to hike and hunt, go to the northeastern part towards Michigan. Fishing is AWESOME as well. If you like lighthouses and lake scenery, you can go for great canooing in the Apostle isles by Lake Superior.

Would just love to invite the president to a hike in the forests up here. Awesome people, the cleanest air to be found and fresh and pure water everywhere. I could see him get so attracted to this place that he might even forget he has an election to finish. (I will be quiet until after the 2nd).

I would be VERY VERY surprised if HanoiJohn should carry this state on the 2nd. How Gore won it in 2000 is a mystery beyond my understanding.

STILL, agree with everyone else here. No matter where you are, VOTE!!!

The liberal loonies will contest no matter what, but we should at least aim for 60% so we can deal better with all their lies..

Need some wood?!?!
fr11
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:58 am    Post subject: Re: Just back from Wisconsin. Reply with quote

PrinceLazar wrote:
As I left we drove by a bunch of Moore-ONS and I showed them the V for Victory sign and they cheered back to me, until my two v signs of my hands fused together and shaped a W!!

WOW, this was such a powerful reversal of message to these loonies in a few seconds that one of the women standing there with a "Bush kills babies" posters, actually DROPPED the poster and just stared at me, while a few others shout ***K you and other niceties.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
P. Aaron
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:17 am    Post subject: Re: Just back from Wisconsin. Reply with quote

PrinceLazar wrote:
...I would be VERY VERY surprised if HanoiJohn should carry this state on the 2nd. How Gore won it in 2000 is a mystery beyond my understanding.
Gore probably got the "continue Clinton policies" vote in alot of States. With voters at the time assuming he'd govern like Clinton('glad we didn't have to find out!). sKerry has to win alot of those voters back. Though the commie Dems assume that these same voters hate Bush. The same voters know who Bush is and may not have warmed to sKerry.

Watching the footage of both candidates on TV, I see large enthusiastic stadium like crowds on their feet for Bush, but many contained and polite audiences for sKerry. It could be my rose-colored specs. But I think alot of people genuinely like Bush, and trust him.
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We went to a Kerry rally in Taylor Michigan in August. We were there to demonstrate for Bush. The rally was organized by the AFL-CIO. We had Union Thugs driving over the curbs to try to run us over.
P. Aaron
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ocsparky101 wrote:
We went to a Kerry rally in Taylor Michigan in August. We were there to demonstrate for Bush. The rally was organized by the AFL-CIO. We had Union Thugs driving over the curbs to try to run us over.
What I meant by "polite" was the reaction of those being spoken to by sKerry. The thugs you mention are a reliable faction outside most commie-Dem rallies. Thuggery that reminds me of the scene Ayn Rand describes in "Atlas Shrugged" when the thugs break into Hank Reardon's office and come at him with clubs.
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out this link.

http://www.footballfansfortruth.us/playbook.php

Zell Miller
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: