SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry's hometown newspaper endorsed Bush

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:17 am    Post subject: Kerry's hometown newspaper endorsed Bush Reply with quote

http://www.lowellsun.com/Stories/0,1413,105%257E4746%257E2442984,00.html

Even Kerry's hometown newspaper, the Lowell Sun, endorses Bush.... Very good reading, especially when they start telling how Kerry really is...

passed on to me by another Fellow Swifty, Jim Deal who also signed the letter to Kerry.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe this paper has a much larger circulation than the one in Crawford as well. Last I heard, the Crawford paper that endorsed Kerry had about 450 suscribers, maybe 449 now Wink Laughing

Last edited by LewWaters on Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total
rhv5862
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:34 am    Post subject: Kerry's Hometown Paper Reply with quote

Now if we could get the two Boston Papers to endorse President Bush. No chance Boston Globe will but there is a chance the Boston Herald would. It would be great to see Kerry lose Massachusetts.

RHV
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Globe officially endorsed Kerry today. Confused
Wind Walker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked It would be great to read that article, but it seems to have been removed (or at least I can't get it) Wink

This is the page I recieve:

HTTP/1.1 404 Object Not Found Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0 Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 17:43:39 GMT X-Powered-By: ASP.NET Connection: close Content-Type: text/html
404 Object Not Found

Has it been pulled by some really mean person Evil or Very Mad , or is it just another one of my "many" computer glitches? Confused

Have a great day,
Wind Walker Shocked
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had trouble getting a link from their site to work
got this from googlecache
Lowell Sun Bush Endorsement Oct 3, 2003
cached link

Last edited by kate on Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
212351st
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wind Walker wrote:
Shocked It would be great to read that article, but it seems to have been removed (or at least I can't get it) Wink

This is the page I recieve:

HTTP/1.1 404 Object Not Found Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0 Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 17:43:39 GMT X-Powered-By: ASP.NET Connection: close Content-Type: text/html
404 Object Not Found

Has it been pulled by some really mean person Evil or Very Mad , or is it just another one of my "many" computer glitches? Confused

Have a great day,
Wind Walker Shocked

Try this link:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?W31E52C89

It is a cached version....

This was an earlier editorial from August :

http://www.lowellsun.com/Stories/0,1413,105~4779~2366817,00.html
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Kerry's Hometown Paper Reply with quote

rhv5862 wrote:
Now if we could get the two Boston Papers to endorse President Bush. No chance Boston Globe will but there is a chance the Boston Herald would. It would be great to see Kerry lose Massachusetts.

RHV

I think Boston Herald will announce their endorsement for Bush this week. Kerry is very likely to win MA, but perhaps not by a large margin. Kennedy's political machine is still too strong to beat. MA has been an anomaly; governed by republican governors, but most of its national representatives are democrats. Perhaps they want those "bad" guys away from their state.
rhv5862
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject: Kerry's Hometown Newspaper Endorse Bush Reply with quote

No surprise the Globe endorsed Kerry. Very left leaning paper and biased towards Kerry. Mass is a Democrate state. All Federal Reps are Dems and 90% of State Reps are Dems. Would be great to see Kerry lose Mass.

RHV

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be great to see Mass. go Bush all the way...it would be reminisient of 2000 when Tenessee went Bush and not for its homie Gore.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
I believe this paper has a much larger circulation than the one in Crawford as well. Last I heard, the Crawford paper that endorsed Kerry had about 450 suscribers, maybe 449 now Wink Laughing

I heard that the owner of the Crawford paper does not live in Crawford. That most of the Crawford advertisers have pulled their ads and now the paper is going down the drain. I'm all for someone standing by their principles regardless of financial consequences -- at the same time I also believe that people should use their wallets to voice their opinions. Newspapers stopped giving us the news and now just give us opinon -- and not just on the Op/Ed page --- but the entire paper. They censor public opinon contrary to the editors opinons by not printing letters to the editors in accordance with the % received. ---

I'll be happy when newspapers are a thing of the past and everyone is on the internet.
azTrish
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't find that as yet, but I did find this story .. a nice one

Nashua solider: Iraqis see 'power of freedom'

By JOHN COLLINS, Sun Staff

NASHUA Kenneth Boff's spring break was unforgettable.

http://www.lowellsun.com/Stories/0,1413,105~4746~2473855,00.html

Trish
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jataylor11 wrote:
...I'll be happy when newspapers are a thing of the past and everyone is on the internet.
Almost everyone here agrees. We all should do what we can to make it happen. I believe Rather and his ilk already have rung the death knell and the decline will occur rapidly after the election. The world will be a better place without gigantic corporations that shape public opinion to suit themselves.
azTrish
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lowell Sun endorses Bush over Kerry
By Associated Press
Thursday, October 7, 2004

LOWELL, Mass. - The Lowell Sun, which vigorously opposed John Kerry [related, bio] when he moved to Lowell to make his first run for office in 1972, has endorsed George W. Bush for president, citing Bush's ``steely commitment to keep America safe.''
In an editorial that appeared in Sunday's paper, The Sun said national security is the top issue in this year's election, and that Bush has kept the promise he made after the Sept. 11 attacks to protect Americans and bring terrorists to justice.

http://news.bostonherald.com/election2004/view.bg?articleid=47969

Same story printed in the Boston Herald
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the same newspaper that reported the Kerry brother being arrested for trying to cut the phone lines to the John Opponent.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: