SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please write a letter similar to this

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:21 am    Post subject: Please write a letter similar to this Reply with quote

Alabama is a fairly safe 'red' state, but I have written the letter below to the editor of our paper, a lefty who slavishly endorses Democrats. Those of you in battleground states (God, how I am beginning to hate that expression!) should write to your papers now or not later than next week. Feel free to use my letter verbatim if you wish or modify at will. Plagiarism is OK and encouraged. I'm restricted to 250 words and 30 days between letters so this is my last shot.

If John Kerry becomes president, the American people will have elected a self-confessed war criminal and violator of the Geneva and Hague Conventions. Further, they will have elected a man who, during a trip to Paris in 1971, conferred with the Vietcong delegation to peace talks and who returned to lobby the US government to accept the Vietcong terms.

In undertaking these activities, Kerry violated US Code (18 USC Sec. 2381 and 18 USC Sec. 953) which codifies the Constitution's 14th Amendment, Section 3: "No person shall ..... hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, ..... who, having previously taken an oath ..... as an officer of the United States .... shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof." (Edited for brevity.)

John Kerry, a sworn US Navy officer, gave aid and comfort to the Vietcong, an enemy of the US. His actions were used by our enemy to increase the suffering of our POWs and lengthen the war by an estimated two years, resulting in many more casualties. He is honored by the presence of his portrait in the "War Remnants Museum" in Ho Chi Minh City, a place dedicated to those who aided the "revolution".

John Kerry, arguably a traitor, would lead our country into weakness, hoping the worldwide terror would subside into "nuisance".

May God save the United States of America.

(And, may God bless all in this forum for your zealous work.)

Schadow

Edit (1) Removed paragraph quotation marks, not needed in a letter to editor.
Edit (2) Slight change to Paris trip wording. The trip wasn't unauthorized; the contact was.

Last edited by Schadow on Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
BenJaxBchFL
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say that wraps it up in a nice little package. Very well stated Schadow.
The war against terrorism is not that Americans might die rather that we would alter our way of living. If we get to a point where we choose not to go out because of fear, our economy will sink and in the end so will our nation. Vote Bush.
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go putting all that in 250 words

I just sent it to about 25 papers in west central Florida.

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on it! Well stated Shadow.

Really support the troops, send them a letter and care package! Visit:http://www.anysoldier.com
deserturtle
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our major paper endorsed Bush!!!!!! (Should I still write that paper???) but the other newspaper I am sure will endorse Kerry since they endorsed Clinton and the owner hosted campaign events for him also...I will write that paper. Thanks
ProudbrotherofUSSoldier
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just emailed mine to the local paper I doubt it gets printed and I am sure I will get the well we had so many letters excuse

Ann Coulter
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deserturtle -

"Our major paper endorsed Bush!!!!!! (Should I still write that paper???)"

By all means. Write to any paper that gets read!
azTrish
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had not known about :

John Kerry, a sworn US Navy officer, gave aid and comfort to the Vietcong, an enemy of the US. His actions were used by our enemy to increase the suffering of our POWs and lengthen the war by an estimated two years, resulting in many more casualties.

He is honored by the presence of his portrait in the "War Remnants Museum" in Ho Chi Minh City, a place dedicated to those who aided the "revolution".

My Mother in Tampa never knew that, nor daughter and my sister in Ct.

That is something that should be out there. If Monseuir (sp) Kerry is so proud of his crossroads. Why hasn't he posted the fact he holds a place of Honor in Viet Nam on his website with his medals releases? I threw away the letter sent to me honoring my aid and comfort to the enemy and all the symbols of that country that letter represented.

Trish
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
a man who made an unauthorized trip to Paris to confer with the Vietcong delegation to peace talks in 1971

Doesnt hurt to remind people that Kerry made more than one trip to Paris > 1970 & 1971

See these posts on the FBI thread in the Winter Soldier Forum
http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=74759&#74759
http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=103838#103838
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

azTrish -

In addition to Kate's links, beg, borrow or steal a copy of "Unfit for Command". The whole sorry episodes are covered there.

Schadow
jimlarsen
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a note that I saw "Unfit For Command" in a Walmart in the Tampa Bay area so it's likely in all of them.
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tweaked my original letter to make the reference to the Paris trip more accurate. The trip, per se, wasn't unauthorized (honeymoon?), just the VC contact.

Schadow
USMCWayne
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I just sent to my local and area papers...

October Surprise?

Dear Editor,

In 1971 John Kerry was a U.S Naval officer who had not yet completed his enlistment contract. Holding a Navy ID, drawing Navy pay, and obligated to report to official requests for training, Kerry was bound by the Universal Code of Military Justice.

In 1971 Kerry met with the Communist delegation in Paris. His actions resulted in additional torture being inflicted on American POW’s, and reportedly extended the war, helping cause hundreds of additional names to be added to the Vietnam Veterans Memorial.

National sources are reporting Kerry probably received a dishonorable discharge from the Navy for his illegal anti-war activities, which would have resulted in the revocation of pay, benefits and allowances, and all medals and honors.

In 1977 Jimmy Carter was elected President. His first act as president was a general amnesty for draft dodgers and other war protesters. The amnesty was eventually expanded to include other offenders who may have had a discharge or sentence with negative effect on their military records. A procedure was put in place for appeal on a case by case basis before a board of officers.

In 1978, six years after his commitment to the U.S. Navy would have ended, Kerry’s case was heard by a board of officers and he received an “honorable” discharge.

In 1985, five months after Kerry joined the U.S. Senate, all of his “lost” medals were reissued.

There may have been an amnesty and Kerry may now profess his “war hero” status but, to a good many veterans of Vietnam and other conflicts, John Kerry is nothing but a self-serving, arrogant, war-criminal and traitor, who received a more than deserved dishonorable discharge.

Presidential material? I don’t think we want a person with Kerry’s credentials running the dog pound.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: