SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SwiftVets should show Kerry's book THE NEW SOLDIER in ad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Kerry - VVAW Leadership & "Wintersoldier"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RV
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:22 am    Post subject: SwiftVets should show Kerry's book THE NEW SOLDIER in ad Reply with quote

I read about the disgusting pacifist anti-American book John Kerry wrote after he came back from Vietnam called THE NEW SOLDIER on the site linked here. You can read the whole book and see the disgusting cover picture and more pics from the book on that site.

I was thinking why don't the SwiftVets show this book in their ads?

The liberal media is constantly saying that the SwiftVets beef with Kerry is partisan. If you can show the American public the book, its contents and the picture on the cover mocking the flag raising on Iwo Jima, they can see for themselves what John Kerry thinks about war and Vietnam veterans. American voters can also see the up side down American flag on the cover of his book and make up their own mind.

The mainstream media and Kerry cannot spin Kerry's book. It's a FACT. They try to dismiss the SwiftVets as disgruntled old men, with "their tainted side of the story", but Kerry's book is Kerry in his OWN words and pictures.

PS: Join this effort to publisize the book.

Last edited by RV on Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Knighthawk
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read it (keep your friends close and your enemies closer), and it is truly disgusting and, I might add, very poorly written.

Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity! Lick it once and you'll suck forever.

If guns kill people, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil.

Knighthawk's Pictures!
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a CD version of it and now there's a very small file available somewhere on the web created from that despicable bunch of lies.

It's mainly some of the testimony of Winter Soldier with pictures of Dewey Canyon and (I think) Operation Raw and some of the other demonstrations.

One of the snippets came from Steve Pitkin who has courageously renounced his WSI "testimony" and another came from Wade Sanders, currently one of Kerry's "BoB," who apparently won't be renouncing his testimony any time soon. He seems to be one of those who thought that RADM Hoffman was the main character in Apocalypse Now. Rolling Eyes

Also included - Joe Bangert, Scott Camil, Al Hubbard, Robert Muller. What a fabulous project to be part of, hm?
Knighthawk
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
I bought a CD version of it

You actually paid money for it!!

Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity! Lick it once and you'll suck forever.

If guns kill people, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil.

Knighthawk's Pictures!
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, $2.99 plus postage from a Canadian guy who just wanted to get the book out and recoup his costs. Wink
RV
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Republicans should use THE NEW SOLDIER to show Kerry for what he is, a PACIFIST. He said himself that Vietnam turned him off of the idea of war. The book would explain Kerry's pacifist votes for twenty years in the senate. It would also explain Kerry's anti war stand regarding the Iraqi war. We are fighting the war on terror, do we need a commander in chief who is a pacifist at heart?
3rd gen Navy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concur. Attention spans too short for nuance. People need to be beat over the head with the gross facts of Kerry's past. Many people are "one issue" voters.

Despite the media's efforts, our troops currently enjoy some support on the home front. Only a few care about Kerry's medal hunting, etc. but to graphically and irrefutably demonstrate his lack of suppport for the troops...that would doubtless strike a chord.

None of this arguable voting record quibbling...the New Soldier says it all.
BS Biology, Business Administration, Nursing
The Deal with Life: Make decisions based on what you might gain, not on what you may lose.
!!!!!! LET THE WILD RUMPUS BEGIN !!!!!!
mcknz
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope that an ad will be made soon that will show the American people the cover of this book. It will turn a lot of people off to Kerry. I don't understand why it hasn't been done yet. For the most part, the public has never seen it.
I also hope that an ad will be made showing the picture of Kerry in the museum in Vietnam, where the Communists are honoring him for helping him win the war. This will also turn a lot of people off to Kerry.
THESE THINGS ARE UNDENIABLE, AND CANNOT BE EASILY DISMISSED AS SOME OF THE SWIFT BOAT ADS WERE, BY THE BIASED MEDIA.
Perhaps the plan is to do these things the last week or something, but it's getting late and it could get too late to be effective. Timing is everything.
Nevertheless, every American should see both of these things before going into the voting booth on Nov. 2.
JK
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 2:15 am    Post subject: SwiftVets should show Kerry's book THE NEW SOLDIER in ad Reply with quote

Agree that showing the book cover will give the reader/listener visual impact for further interest in exploring - web sites with book should be listed to make it easier for one to read this disgusting book. We can assume that Kerry will do everything possible to prevent the public from learning about the book.

JK
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Print out copies of the cover and pass them around your office, club, school, family and friends, etc..
working man
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:36 am    Post subject: I did my part working man style Reply with quote

I simply put a photocopy of the front page of NEW SOLDIER on my van along with the forward. I live on a democrat street and even they were shocked. It is a powerful message, just the cover - no explanation or spin needed.
greasepaint
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I suggest a Swiftie ad:
A picture of the Marine Corps War Memorial
A picture of Ira Hayes, one of the flagraisers
A picture of the front cover of 'The New Soldier'.
Tell the viewers that although Hayes survived the war,
three of the flagraisers died on IwoJima
Show the ad in places where Native Americans live,
Northern Wisconsin comes to mind.
RV
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, I was just thinking, the Sinclair Broadcasting Group is going to show the documentary STOLEN HONOR. It's a news item.

We should inform Sinclair about the existence of the book, so that they can use it in their Stolen Honor news segment.

Please help me by contacting the Sinclair Broadcasting Group and bring to their attention the existence of John Kerry's THE NEW SOLDIER and the cover of the book.

Contact infor for Sinclair is here: http://www.sbgi.net/contact/contact.shtml

I don't have a fax around. Could a few of you please fax the cover of THE NEW SOLDIER to them and give them the internet addresses where they can find more info about the book, like:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/002073610X/qid=1097585019/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-7542063-0338234?v=glance&s=books
http://ice.he.net/~freepnet/kerry/index.php?topic=NewSoldier
http://johnkerrythenewsoldier.blogspot.com

The more of us who contact Sinclair the more likely this information gets through and the more likely Sinclair will use THE NEW SOLDIER book in its STOLEN HONOR news item.
82nd_Airborne_Dad
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

greasepaint wrote:
May I suggest a Swiftie ad:
A picture of the Marine Corps War Memorial
A picture of Ira Hayes, one of the flagraisers
A picture of the front cover of 'The New Soldier'.
Tell the viewers that although Hayes survived the war,
three of the flagraisers died on IwoJima
Show the ad in places where Native Americans live,
Northern Wisconsin comes to mind.

Wyoming comes to mind too. The Native American friends I have and members of thier community as a whole are not real keen on Kerry either. I will look for an article and post it if it is still on the web somewhere.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Kerry - VVAW Leadership & "Wintersoldier" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: