SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

9 out of top ten NASCAR drivers for Bush
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J. Toy
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:37 am    Post subject: 9 out of top ten NASCAR drivers for Bush Reply with quote

Only absentee....Gordo. hmmm?

I remember reading an article back in the 90's about Clinton going to tour the garages in N.C. for a photo op session to try to "connect" with the NASCAR base. Of course he specifically wanted to be seen with Earnhardt Sr.

When Dale was told about it, he said "Get someone else!"

Ya gota love these guys!!!

http://www.radioblogger.com/
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff Gordon was Mom's guy. Not mine..caused a few disputes. But now Dale is her guy too. She will never cheer for Jeff again and will blister him in Richmond. She is a woman on a mission. His cheering section will surely be decreased. CTW

Never Ever Kerry
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lefty Dems despise NASCAR fans and all they stand for. Your average tofu eating Vanity Fair reading Crystal drinking elitist opines that those of us in "fly over country" are bumpkins that must be told what to think by them (ther is no wrong or right, just shades of grey), Twisted Evil told what to read by them (NY Times, Washington Post), told what to see at the movies by them (any "high art/concept" film) and told how to spend our leisure time by them (anywhere but a racetrack!).
Samileino
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay got to jump in here to defent Gordo cause second time I've heard it.....been working all evening trying to find support. Know there was an article previously that he supported Bush but can't find it...only a donation to Kyl (sp I think). Nothing beyond that. I had thought there was an article earlier on NASCAR.COM that talked about him supporting the RNC and Bush but not his owner Hendricks who is the biggest liberal in NASCAR. I adore all the Hendricks drivers and I hope JG is not holding out....will be REALLY disappointed in him. God my Gordo can't be Dem I'll die......Can you say huge moral dilemna? All the other drivers for Hendrick are on board with Bush......where is JG...maybe the LATE Oct surprise for us? Just driving me nuts.

Sami
J. Toy
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sami,

It may just be an innocent omission on Gordon. I too remember him as being pretty conservative. Also, Jarrett's not on the list, and I know he is conservative, as well as many others. i.e. Marlin, Petty, and most, if not all of the old timers. (Junior Johnson...pardoned by Ronaldus Magnus)

"Radioblog" doesn't name the source of his poll or what it means in regard to the other drivers and owners as to their leanings.

Surprised to hear that Hendrick is a liberal though.
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that the former race car driver now businessman that sells a huge amount of cars? Ric Hendricks?
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GW has some work to do here. Compared to Terrorists where 10 out of 10 Terrorists support John Kerry. That means GW is slipping.
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure the NASCAR drivers support Bush. Afterall, this is the sport made popular by the excellent driving skills of our Redneck Conservative Drivers. I am especially proud of how many are from Kentucky. I am just annoyed that NASCAR is dragging its feet running a race at our great new racetrack near Carrolltown, KY. All of the drivers use it for practice and they are lobbying to get a race here. We do have a BUSCH Series race and the atendance is great.
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I watched the Nextel race from Charlotte last Sunday on (shudder)
NBC. The nice touch that I noticed right off was the singing of "The
Lords Prayer" before the National Anthem. I don't know who was
singing it as I wasn't paying much attention at the time, but Nice going!
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They always have a prayer and a fly-over by Air Force Jets before the start of each race. I love it. Very Happy
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fort Campbell wrote:
They always have a prayer and a fly-over by Air Force Jets before the start of each race. I love it. Very Happy

I just haven't noticed them singing The Lords Prayer especially on
NBC. Now I've seen prayers on Fox.
Samileino
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J. Toy
You could be right about it being an oversite as Petty is VERY conservative and not mentioned there. I know that the articles I saw were mostly on SI about the drivers. NASCAR.com hasn't said anything at least not this morning about this.
Hendrick has given a lot of money to liberal orgs...I was kind of disappointed and yeah he is the former driver turned car salesman Buffman.
I love the way NASCAR is the most family oriented, conservative loving, beliefs and morals following sport. I mean they just fined Dale Jr 25 points and $25,000 for saying **it on TV. Gotta love it....if you watch when they play the anthem you will hardly ever see a hat in the stands and the crowd goes nuts at the end. Just love it.

Sami
momofthreegirls
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard Petty actually campaigned for the President a month or so ago. I can't remember where, but it was covered in the media. My husband loves NASCAR, Ryan Newman is his driver. He went to a Big 10 school like my husband.
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NASCAR supports this country hands down!

No other sport has ever showed it's support like they do. After 9-11 and all the sporting events were canceled. The weekend after that everything started up again and NASCAR ran a special before the race program to salute those that died. The drivers had been called America's hero's on occassion in the past. The drivers made sure to tell the people they are not the heroes. Our military and first responders are the heroes.

That race after 9-11 was won by Dale Earnhardt Jr. When he won his creww ran a big flag on a pole out to him and he drove around the track to cheers and patriotism like I have never seen.

Members of NASCAR have gone to the war zones to entertain and thank teh troops.

Every race strars with a fly over.

Every race starts with prayer and national athem (televised!)

Every race you will see members of our armed forces on TV stading with reporters or race marshall.

Every race the NRA is there to promote freedom of our rights.

There are cars sponsored by Army,Air Force and NG in Nextel.

In Bush you have Civil air patrol and Marines. There was a Navy car at one time.

NASCAR is the one sport that knows who is it's viewer base. They often have country stars sing the anthem and they are people that support the country.

You hardly ever see this stuff in other sports. To me there is nothing more American than fullsize race cars with 750 hp engine going around a track at 195+ miles an hour.

It's say were loud were proud and maybe a little too brash! We are American and we ar damn proud of this coutry. Screw all that hate the greatest country on this planet!
ontheright
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen the list but did they specify where little e stands? I know he took his whole crew to see that trash, Farenheit 911, then highly recommended, on TV, that everyone go to see it.

He lost me as a fan that day. His daddy would kick his arse!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: