SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DEMOCRATS DON'T KNOW KERRY HASN'T SIGNED F-180!!! LET'S WIN!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gus
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:00 pm    Post subject: What if.... Reply with quote

we all got together.....adding contributions...and came up with a "socko"
ad for the New York Times about this?????
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We must all act in the final days of this campaign - email, write, call, call your Congresspeople to let them know that Kerry hasn't signed the F 180 - did they know this, gasp? and all that....call the media groups...call the AP...call the UPI...call all the networks...call your local networks...email them...email all your lists and get them to email...

One final plug for the "final" days - please call your Republican HQ and volunteer for the 72 hour program...
http://www.72hour.com/?Source=GOPComRe
AnneZ
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:16 am    Post subject: Democrats don't know Kerry hasn't signed F-180 Reply with quote

In our letters, ads, etc. I think it is important that we state Kerry has never FILED a Form 180. He could theoretically have signed one and put it in his sock drawer, or more likely burned it immediately. He and his minions could then say with perfect honesty (a rare experience for them) that Kerry has indeed signed a Form 180.
Would this be quibbling? Yes. Would it be intentionally dishonest? Of course. Does anyone put it past them? I didn't think so.

Queries:
1) Does Form 180 have a title? Could someone who knows it please post it on this thread?
2) Would someone who knows the official name of the agency with which one files a Form 180 mind posting it here too?

I would like to complete the sentences: "John Kerry has never filed (official designation of Form 180) with (official name of records office). It is therefore impossible for the public to obtain his complete military record."
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I think the time for finer points of truth are over. So far as I know, and anybody else knows, he has not signed SF-180. Frankly, it isn't important at this point if he does sign it. The important message is that he didn't sign it when he should have, i.e., when it could have made a BIG difference in this campaign. Don't worry about the "maybes," go for what is generally known by the public.

I think the message form depends upon the medium for display. By all means use full sentences, even paragraphs, if writing to a Congressman (frankly, I don't know what that will do). But use a short, hard-hitting, attention getting form if you're going to do the rolling bill-board trick of soaping up the windows of your car. Whatever is appropriate and works.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that we should not dilute the message with an overpowering concern for nuance. We can nuance ourselves right out of doing anything.
AnneZ
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie wrote:
how do we know he still hasnt signed it? :lol
:
does someone check on a reguler bssis? Confused

what if he signed it on say, Saturday past? How would we know this? Shocked

Good point.

Hypothetical:
On Monday researcher A files a FOIA request for Kerry's records.
On Tuesday he recieves a few pages with a polite note that the rest of the file is unavailable since Kerry has not signed a Form 180.
On Wednesday Kerry files a form 180.
Will Kerry's file now be forwarded to A since what he requested is now available, or will he have to file another FOIA request?

Does anyone know?
AnneZ
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:49 am    Post subject: Democrats don't know Kerry hasn't signed F-180 Reply with quote

Duplicate posted here in error. I will remove this entirely when I figure out how to do that. Embarassed

Last edited by AnneZ on Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnneZ wrote:
Stevie wrote:
how do we know he still hasnt signed it? :lol
:
does someone check on a reguler bssis? Confused

what if he signed it on say, Saturday past? How would we know this? Shocked

Good point.

thanks Ann...

that's it...need to keep up on this...bound to get response from someone that says ' oh I just heard them (Chad , Michael) say this morning that Kerry had released all his records'
yeah, we know he hasn't , but need to know how to tell them to check it out....
I figure that if they've been released, I'll read it here when I sign on each day... but what about others???
and the 'he signed...' is right!!! that's be just like them! so what if he 'signs' it and shreds it?
is there a number we can call the Navy dept and ask each day?
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to sound like a broken record, but I think we're in danger of getting lost in the weeds again - worrying about where this whole thing is with respect to SF-180 is not the issue.

What is important, and probably not known by many Democrats, is that ALL of Kerry's records have not been made public. Many Democrats, in fact, think that ALL of Kerry's records are posted on his web site. We absolutely need to correct that misinformation.
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:12 am    Post subject: Re: Democrats don't know Kerry hasn't signed F-180 Reply with quote

AnneZ wrote:

Queries:
1) Does Form 180 have a title? Could someone who knows it please post it on this thread?
2) Would someone who knows the official name of the agency with which one files a Form 180 mind posting it here too?

I would like to complete the sentences: "John Kerry has never filed (official designation of Form 180) with (official name of records office). It is therefore impossible for the public to obtain his complete military record."

Here's the info from www.archives.gov

Quote:
How to Submit Requests:

Send by mail
Send by fax

Today we must continue to receive requests, dated and with a handwritten signature, either by mail or by fax only. This is because Federal law [5 USC 552a(b)] requires that all requests for records and information be submitted in writing. Each request must be signed and dated.

You may submit more than one request per envelope or fax, but please submit a separate request (either SF 180 or letter) for each individual whose records are being requested.

Send by Mail

Our mailing address is:
National Personnel Records Center
Military Personnel Records
9700 Page Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63132-5100

Send by Fax

Our fax number for requesting military records is 314-801-9195.
The Center will respond in writing by U.S. Mail.
Order Processing Time

Response times for records requested from the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) vary greatly depending on the nature of the request. For example, the NPRC Military Records Facility currently has a backlog of 180,000 requests and receives approximately 5,000 requests per day. Routine requests for separation documents currently require only 2-4 weeks for servicing. However, requests that involve reconstruction efforts due to the 1973 fire or older records which require extensive search efforts may take much longer. The average turnaround time on all requests is currently running at approximately 12 weeks.

"NARA ensures, for the Citizen and the Public Servant, for the President and the Congress and the Courts, ready access to essential evidence."

Note the timeframe for request - "2-4 weeks"

I think the mentioning of the SF180 is important because it is a fact they CAN'T dodge if someone forces them to answer that question. They've been getting away with "Senator Kerry has all the military records he has been given on his webpage" and the American media and PUBLIC has let him get away with it.
AnneZ
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:11 am    Post subject: Democrat's don't know Kerry hasn't signed F-180 Reply with quote

Roon - Thanks for the address.

Anker-Klanker and Roon - I think we need both, individually and in combination. Please don't call me nuanced, I prefer to think of it as 'agressive on several fronts'.

Anker-Klanker's short pithy phrases to let a lot of folks know there's a problem - great idea. Paul Revere did not read a draft of the Declaration of Independence at every farmhouse and town. So if people want to write: Yo Kerry, your website's a few meg short of a full record! on a sign for their car or pickup, go for it.

On the other hand, Jefferson didn't write 'We're out of here!' and have Hancock and company sign off. We need op-eds, letters to the editor, blog postings saying: SF-180 - Kerry promised and didn't deliver , date and place(a Russert interview I believe) . Who has filed FOIA request for record? WaPo, Globe? Would you accept a letter of recommendation written by the job candidate himself? Then why accept Kerry's website version of his record? How would you feel about a job candidate who said you should base your judgement on one period 35 years ago, but wanted you to ignore the assessments 95% of his co-workers and all of his bosses for that time? etc.

Combined: How about an image of Kerry's picture on a milk carton with
'Have you seen this man's full military record?'
'Last heard from on (date of promise), not seen since'
Then in smaller letters underneath: "John Kerry has never filed a release (SF-180) with the National Personnel Records Center. It is therefore impossible for the public to obtain his complete military record."

I think the military records version should be on a skim milk carton, maybe in pink for his known sympathy with the VC. I figure the financial stuff is less important, but if one wanted to do it, it should definitely be a full fat milk carton.

Sure wish I knew how to use Photoshop. Anyone who does know how, please feel free to use this idea.
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Poole wrote:
How about, "Kerry accused of dishonorable discharge but no answer from his campaign."

I thought this was very effective! Sean said he was checking into this to validate it, but haven't heard anything since. I'm not able to listen to Sean every day so may have missed it. However, I would have thought I'd see it on this board if he was discussing it. Anyone hang out on his board? Has any of this been posted on his board? I do know both he and his staff look at his board, that my be a way to get his attention. Job I'm working now has a 2 hour commute each way so my awake time is more limited right now.
Gus
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: Judicial Watch Reply with quote

I've been asked to post the website...though I wonder if most of you don't
just go to your search engines and type "Judicial Watch" in there...and it
appears. Anyway, I'm going to TRY to post this....
www.judicialwatch.org
fb274
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sending the following to every media contact available------

"Who is going to be brave enough to ask JOHN F. KERRY to release ALL of his Navy files. No, the Form 180 has not been authorized and the Navy indicates they still hold about 100 pages for which they need the request form prior to release.

Who is going to be brave enough to ask JOHN F. KERRY to release ALL of his Medical files---Navy and later. I have heard there is possibly a condition of PARASOMNIA --
does anyone want a sleepwalking, nightmare prone president (review tape/transcript on Dr. Phil's program).

Concerned voter!"
hmminCanada
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:11 am    Post subject: Democrats don't know Reply with quote

Well I have been very busy the last 24 hours sending messages to various columnists and talk media. I also think we need to think outside the box. Many kinds of websites have discussion forums on which you can drop political articles and comments.

This is a post I put on a very huge scrapbooking site today where thousands of people visit every day, including many democrats and Undecideds.

John Kerry wants to be Commander in Chief of the armed forces of the United States of America. He says they are the "best trained, best equipped forces in the world" but that is thanks to the Bush administration, not him and not the Clinton administration. He has consistently voted to undermine the authority and the eqipping of American military strength from even before he campaigned for his first public office in the 1970s. Everything he has to say about how he would lead or use the armed forces in the world today and in the War on Terror is followed by the negative conjunction BUT... which always diminishes whatever has been said before it if not downright denying it. John Kerry, as revealed by the Washington Post today, believes that if American troops die under the flag of the United Nations, then their deaths are worthwhile. If they die in a unilateral effort of the United States to bring justice to the world of the "bad guys", then their deaths are to quote him "unequivocally" not worth it. And one must always realize in the world in John Kerry's mind, EVERYTHING apart from the UN, regardless of how many countries are involved, is "unilateral". This has ALWAYS been his position . He has openly said that even 9/11 did not change him.

John Kerry tells us his mother's last words to him were "Integrity, integrity, integrity!" John Kerry and his spokesmen and the media who want him to win constantly say that he has released ALL of his military records to public scrutiny on his website. THIS IS NOT TRUE. THIS IS A LIE! There is no evidence that he has ever signed a Form 180 that would release ALL of his military and medical records. The last date listed on his military timeline is 1970 which does not bring him to the end of his naval contract that was to end in 1972 . There is no document that tells the state of his discharge from the navy. There is a cover letter for a discharge in 1978, six years later, very early in the Carter administration (Feb. 1978)after Carter had given out an amnesty to Vietnam draft-dodgers, protesors etc. which says that subject to a review board and according to certain navy regulations, he has been given an honorable discharge or separation or whatever it is for a commissioned navy officer. However the ACTUAL DISCHARGE PAPER IS NOT THERE. Having only a cover letter is like showing people that you have a letter saying you can have a $50,000 Platinum Visa Card but you cannot show the actual card because in reality you do not qualify for some reason. Nor is there a discharge paper from 1972 saying he was given an Honorable or otherwise discharge when one would expect there to be one. Why Not? What is hidden in those missing records that neither he nor his campaign want the American people to see? He thinks he can fool people that everything is there as it should be. He thought no one would even really look at them very much or understand them if they did. But some people have and he is quite simply lying to say that the documents are there when they are not.

You must ask yourself if you can trust a person like this to take control of the most powerful forces in the world? More than any other issue this is of PRIME importance not only to the USA but to the whole world. I personally hate war (although I believe there are times when wars must be fought) and I don't ever try to unnecessarily alarm people but this is deadly serious. Where is that INTEGRITY that his mother felt was so important that she used her last breath on earth to urge it upon him?

Don"t you really want to know?

I know this website can be very addictive but are there other boards that you visit? What about christian message boards--some Democrats are actually Christians? Hit the TV talk shows, not just the newsy, political ones--someone will read the message. They may just be an uninformed voter. Think, think think! There must be lots of things like this.
davman
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:45 pm    Post subject: Sign the Petition Reply with quote

Log on to dirtykerry.com and sign the petition demanding that Kerry sign Standard Form 180. The idea is not necessarily to get copies of his records. We all know he has too much to hide to actually release them. The idea is to bring attention to the fact that he hasn't signed, and that he is hiding something. The recent rumbling about his having received an other than honorable discharge, and then having it revised later for instance! If we get enough signatures, we may get some attention!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: