SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Cop who arrested Kerry....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Kerry - VVAW Leadership & "Wintersoldier"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flagreen
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:58 am    Post subject: The Cop who arrested Kerry.... Reply with quote

From - http://newsmax.com/archives/articles/2004/10/19/171426.shtml

Quote:

Breaking News
Sinclair Will Air Only Portion of 'Stolen Honor' Friday

The Cop Who Arrested John Kerry
Leonard Saffir
Tuesday, Oct. 19, 2004

For the most part, I support President Bush’s handling of the war on terror and his domestic policy, but that’s not the main reasons why I am voting for him.

My vote for President Bush is as much a vote in opposition to Sen. John Kerry.

Specifically, it is the behavior of Kerry after he returned from four months in Vietnam that makes me angry.

Two days before President Bush’s visit, I shared a "Bloomin’ Onion" at the Outback restaurant in west Lantana, Fla. with a neighbor, a retired police chief.

Jim Corr, now a resident of Palm Beach County, once arrested and handcuffed Kerry, jailed him overnight, and then threatened to put him back in the lockup for a second night.

It’s a story never told by the mainstream media during this campaign, though it was well documented at the time.

A photograph of Kerry surrounded by helmeted Lexington police has been shown on national television countless times but never identified as his arrest.

Corr served on the Lexington, Mass., police force for 34 years, his last 16 as chief. Historic Lexington is where the first battle of the American Revolution was fought.

Kerry had just returned home from Vietnam.

He was an organizer of Vietnam Veterans Against the War. The group wanted to bivouac on the Battle Green of Lexington over the Memorial Day weekend, 1971.

"It is sacred land," Corr told me.

Defiant

Kerry went to the Board of Selectmen (similar to municipal government commissions or councils) for permission to camp on the battleground.

They unanimously turned down Kerry’s request. Trying to be helpful, the board offered Kerry another site.

Defying the law, Kerry and his anti-war friends gathered on the Lexington Green in spite of the board’s refusal of permission.

"That’s when they [the board] called me in," Corr said. "The board directed me to be sure they did not camp out on the common. I had the responsibility of making sure it didn’t happen."

Corr arranged for buses and had them hidden away from the common. Because the city jail was too small, he made arrangements to hold those arrested in an old public works building.

More Jail?

At the specified time, the police announced on loud speakers that everyone was in violation of town laws and asked them to leave or be placed under arrest. None left.

As the arrests were taking place, church bells began ringing throughout Lexington.

Plastic handcuffs secured the hands of every lawbreaker, including Kerry. More than 425 people were arrested. The next morning they all pleaded guilty and were fined.

"They gathered outside the courthouse to march out of town," Corr said.

"Kerry was holding the American flag upside down.

"I told him to put the flag the way it’s supposed to be or you’ll be locked up again."

Unconscionable

I know about the Vietnam War up front and personal. I visited the area during the war with my boss, former U.S. Sen. Jim Buckley, to talk to our troops and chiefs of state.

We also went to the war-torn countries of Laos and Cambodia, where Kerry says he was, maybe he was, or perhaps he just came close.

The overwhelming majority of our troops did not act as Kerry described them in Lexington and before Congress, also in 1971, after his four months overseas.

In my mind, it was unconscionable what he said and did.

It was because of the behavior of Kerry, and the likes of Jane Fonda, that our fighting men and women were treated like dirt when they returned.

I should have started my own 527 committee and purchased television time to report on Kerry’s arrest.

Can you imagine film footage of the man who wants to president of the United States with his hands behind his back in handcuffs, put there, not by the communist Vietcong, like Sen. John McCain experienced, but by a police chief from his home state of Massachusetts?

Leonard Saffir has been a reporter, foreign correspondent and newspaper editor, author of two books, past president of the Overseas Press Club of America, former chief of staff to U.S. Sen. James L. Buckley, R-N.Y., and investigative reporter and columnist for the Lake Worth Herald Group.

Wouldn't it be great if some TV station out had film of Kerry carring the flag upside down? Just as effective would be an ad featuring this retired cop telling his story.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems like www.thesmokinggun.com would run with this!

I went to their site and can't find an option to email it to them Confused
avant
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:13 am    Post subject: Re: The Cop who arrested Kerry.... Reply with quote

flagreen wrote:
From - http://newsmax.com/archives/articles/2004/10/19/171426.shtml

Quote:

Breaking News
Sinclair Will Air Only Portion of 'Stolen Honor' Friday

The Cop Who Arrested John Kerry
Leonard Saffir
Tuesday, Oct. 19, 2004

For the most part, I support President Bush’s handling of the war on terror and his domestic policy, but that’s not the main reasons why I am voting for him.

My vote for President Bush is as much a vote in opposition to Sen. John Kerry.

Specifically, it is the behavior of Kerry after he returned from four months in Vietnam that makes me angry.

Two days before President Bush’s visit, I shared a "Bloomin’ Onion" at the Outback restaurant in west Lantana, Fla. with a neighbor, a retired police chief.

Jim Corr, now a resident of Palm Beach County, once arrested and handcuffed Kerry, jailed him overnight, and then threatened to put him back in the lockup for a second night.

It’s a story never told by the mainstream media during this campaign, though it was well documented at the time.

A photograph of Kerry surrounded by helmeted Lexington police has been shown on national television countless times but never identified as his arrest.

Corr served on the Lexington, Mass., police force for 34 years, his last 16 as chief. Historic Lexington is where the first battle of the American Revolution was fought.

Kerry had just returned home from Vietnam.

He was an organizer of Vietnam Veterans Against the War. The group wanted to bivouac on the Battle Green of Lexington over the Memorial Day weekend, 1971.

"It is sacred land," Corr told me.

Defiant

Kerry went to the Board of Selectmen (similar to municipal government commissions or councils) for permission to camp on the battleground.

They unanimously turned down Kerry’s request. Trying to be helpful, the board offered Kerry another site.

Defying the law, Kerry and his anti-war friends gathered on the Lexington Green in spite of the board’s refusal of permission.

"That’s when they [the board] called me in," Corr said. "The board directed me to be sure they did not camp out on the common. I had the responsibility of making sure it didn’t happen."

Corr arranged for buses and had them hidden away from the common. Because the city jail was too small, he made arrangements to hold those arrested in an old public works building.

More Jail?

At the specified time, the police announced on loud speakers that everyone was in violation of town laws and asked them to leave or be placed under arrest. None left.

As the arrests were taking place, church bells began ringing throughout Lexington.

Plastic handcuffs secured the hands of every lawbreaker, including Kerry. More than 425 people were arrested. The next morning they all pleaded guilty and were fined.

"They gathered outside the courthouse to march out of town," Corr said.

"Kerry was holding the American flag upside down.

"I told him to put the flag the way it’s supposed to be or you’ll be locked up again."

Unconscionable

I know about the Vietnam War up front and personal. I visited the area during the war with my boss, former U.S. Sen. Jim Buckley, to talk to our troops and chiefs of state.

We also went to the war-torn countries of Laos and Cambodia, where Kerry says he was, maybe he was, or perhaps he just came close.

The overwhelming majority of our troops did not act as Kerry described them in Lexington and before Congress, also in 1971, after his four months overseas.

In my mind, it was unconscionable what he said and did.

It was because of the behavior of Kerry, and the likes of Jane Fonda, that our fighting men and women were treated like dirt when they returned.

I should have started my own 527 committee and purchased television time to report on Kerry’s arrest.

Can you imagine film footage of the man who wants to president of the United States with his hands behind his back in handcuffs, put there, not by the communist Vietcong, like Sen. John McCain experienced, but by a police chief from his home state of Massachusetts?

Leonard Saffir has been a reporter, foreign correspondent and newspaper editor, author of two books, past president of the Overseas Press Club of America, former chief of staff to U.S. Sen. James L. Buckley, R-N.Y., and investigative reporter and columnist for the Lake Worth Herald Group.

Wouldn't it be great if some TV station out had film of Kerry carring the flag upside down? Just as effective would be an ad featuring this retired cop telling his story.

Why is Sinclair only showing a portion of Stolen Honor, what happened?
deserturtle
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone should interview him
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, let's don't sit on it.... let's email it around.... maybe make it on fox news....

did they use plastic handcuffs way back then?

why does it say pics of him being arreested has been on the news all over but not identified as Kerry???? is it in a film clip of his protests? Shocked

let's get emailing it and see what happens.... hannity, rush,,, etc.... Shocked
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
flagreen
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that he was arrested is old news. The picture of him being arrested is also fairly well known. In fact he even has it posted on his web site. What was unheard of before (as far as I know) is the bit about holding the flag upside down the next day.

Here is the picture;

What I'd like to know is if there are any photos or video of him holding that flag that way.
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I have found in my discussions with the liberal left (and probably the reason Kerry displays this on his website) is that they are PROUD of his willingness, even if it meant being arrested, to do whatever was necessary to end the war and bring our troops home. Their Vietnam mindset then is EXACTLY their War on Terror mindset now. I have been unsuccessful at debating with anyone I know on the left on any of the issues raised by the 'SBVT' message. Every single issue related to his anti-war activities then, are in their eyes, COMMENDABLE and we see some of the same methods being used by his followers today. Believe it or not, I have argued the P.O.W. position that Kerry's words delayed their release and furthered the torture. 'Their' response, 'even if that's true, think of all the lives Kerry saved by influencing the end of the war'. My sister is one of this mindset. She protested the Vietnam war in college and is paranoid and cynical about all bodies of government and believes Kerry's real heroism is what he did when he returned home. There is absolutely NO changing her mind. Everything we see as despicable, she sees as heroic.

It's a good thing I love her no matter what;)

Kimberly
flagreen
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh they can try one's patience Kimberly that's for sure!

Here is a link to a website devoted to the Lexington Battle Green protest in 1971. I only wish I lived close enough to Mass to be able to visit the "project" and scour their archieves for photos of our boy.

http://www.lexingtonbattlegreen1971.com/

They even have three short films available for viewing there about that infamous Memorial Day weekend. I live in Florida so there is no way that I can get there.
Truegrit
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:00 am    Post subject: This cop should be interviewed Reply with quote

This cop should be interviewed by MSM. Fat chance!
Big Kahuna
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone must have a photo of Ole Frenchie with the upside down flag. Man that makes my blood boil -- and I'd be willing to bet it would do the same for many undecideds
Top 10 Weasels.com is where Kerry is Weasel #1
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the mugshot I'm lookin for, baby Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Kerry - VVAW Leadership & "Wintersoldier" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: