SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help Please - Call to action!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: Help Please - Call to action! Reply with quote

I had to repost this with a new title because nobody was reading it! Only 6 views all day!!

So without further ado:

Call to Action!

I am asking all of you to visit my website at Pajama Journal and read the short column on the right about the Marines and the kids in Najaf.

I sent one box out and have another ready to go. It really has made me feel better and more connected. I feel less helpless when I am bombarded by msm with images of horror in Iraq because I know we are helping not hurting the Iraqi people. I know this because I am involved in it. I think also it is convincing when you say to someone who opposes the war that you know first hand conditions are getting better there than they have ever been before for the majority of the country.

Even if I'm wrong about all the cause and effect, you still get to make a few kids smile. Cool

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
coolhand
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary Sinise is one of the really good guys in Hollywood. I actually go out of my ways to watch his stuff to support him. Check this organization run by him and Laura Hillenbrand of Seabiscuit fame. Doing this helps innocent kids, boosts the morale of our soldiers and builds bridges for the future as you implied in your note. May be you guys can link up.

http://operationiraqichildren.org/

Last edited by coolhand on Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I had more to give because I would, that’s a truly noble cause. It just proves that our service men/women are really doing great things in Iraq and Afghanistan. I will help to direct as many people as I can to you r site dmackto. Anything to help the kids Very Happy
GiveMeFreedom
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have adopted 4 soldier units via http://www.anysoldier.com, and have donated $$ to http://www.operationac.com (where you can also adopt soldiers). (edited: Forgot to mention - Deborah, I'll try to send a package to this cause after my next trip out this weekend).

If you can't send packages or $$, please consider just writing letters. There is a Combat Hospital at the anysoldier.com website, where some of the troops don't have families, so don't receive any letters ( can give you the address if you want to PM me). I was in the military, I can't tell you what a simple letter does for your day, when you're out there all alone, and scared to death.

Don't forget Christmas is coming - send Christmas cards by 11/15/2004. (edited to note: send X-mas cards only to U.S. soldiers, I wouldn't sent them to the Iraqis- they might be offended- some silly PC thing, I'm sure)

And giving and writing does make me feel better too - - something positive to focus on.
http://www.operationac.com
Support our Soldiers!!

Last edited by GiveMeFreedom on Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
azpatriot

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes my wife and I are working through Soldiers Angels to provide support, and I agree please send letters they so love hearing from us at home.
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dmack--I am on my way to the store NOW to get the supplies for 5 small boxes. (I knew there was a reason I saved those boxes from Amazon, they are the perfect size for handing out.) I am sending 5--one for each kidI was blessed with. I also am going to pick up a few funny, upbeat cards for the hospital, Give Me Freedom.

Thanks for posting this, Deborah. I like the Pajama Journal, it looks really good. The link "When the Man Comes Around" was great, too. Any idea where the pic of those "people" holding the sign that says "We support our troops when they shoot their officers" was taken, and when? I am so grateful God keeps those people out of my path, otherwise I would be in prison for sure. Evil or Very Mad

Keep up the excellent work, dmack! Very Happy
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 2 adopted soldiers. Signed up at soldiersangels.com and then I got another one from some other site I dont even remember visiting but I figure God must have known I could handle 2.

My dining room table is a mess of boxes and bags of stuff that needs to be sorted and sent. Its like early Christmas already.

Thanks to everyone that is helping the Najaf kids. I wonder why the other organization isn't in Najaf yet. This works out though because the address I have is only good till Dec 15th. We can fill the gap between now and then by that time maybe http://operationiraqichildren.org/ can take over.

- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmymac wrote:
Dmack--I am on my way to the store NOW to get the supplies for 5 small boxes. (I knew there was a reason I saved those boxes from Amazon, they are the perfect size for handing out.) I am sending 5--one for each kidI was blessed with. I also am going to pick up a few funny, upbeat cards for the hospital, Give Me Freedom.

Thanks for posting this, Deborah. I like the Pajama Journal, it looks really good. The link "When the Man Comes Around" was great, too. Any idea where the pic of those "people" holding the sign that says "We support our troops when they shoot their officers" was taken, and when? I am so grateful God keeps those people out of my path, otherwise I would be in prison for sure. Evil or Very Mad

Keep up the excellent work, dmack! Very Happy

I have no idea where that picture was taken Kimmy. I wish that I did. Evil or Very Mad

5 boxes! That is so awsome! I knew you guys would come through. Once again you all floor me with your goodness and enthusiasm.

Thanks everyone.

- Winston Churchill
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember the picture quite well. I believe it was taken in San Francisco it concerned Afghanistan.
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shameless bump

- Winston Churchill
azpatriot

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmackto wrote:
shameless bump

Nothing shamless about it! It's a great cuase!
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been meaning to ask you what happened to pajamahadeen.us?

- Winston Churchill
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah. San Francisco, home to the peace loving advocates of cold blooded murder. Nice.

Well, dmack, they are small boxes, after all. And buying toys for kids in Iraq can help me pass the time until I have grandkids to buy toys for. Very Happy
Debs
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link, Deb, and I will get a couple of boxes off and will get my grandsons to help me, as they will love helping other kids. This is the least I can do. What a great project.

Debbie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: