SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some postal news
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Proud of my VietVet Dad!
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: Some postal news Reply with quote

Everyone may already know about this, but I didn't. I'm a mail carrier in NJ and today I delivered a 5 page political mailing from the Swift Vets. I was really surprised. Most of it was stuff right out of the ads, like quotes and pictures. There was also a picture of Kerry from his anti-war protests and of "vets" throwing away their medals. I just thought everyone might like the fact that we're hitting the mail stream now. The town I work in is pretty republican but the USPS is almost as far left as Kerry himself. So I have to say seeing that brought a smile to my face this morning. Smile
Spiess
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

COOL!
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am assuming that the far left mail carriers would not stoop so low as to toss Swift Vet & pro-Bush mailings? It is against the law if I remember correctly.
sdonions
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the Far Left has worried about the Laws since when? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

With everything that has come up during this election cycle The Left is not too worried about breaking laws. As they have been doing for quite awhile now.
concernedgranny
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know that carriers were liberals. I was a mail carrier and I and the guys I worked with were about as much conservative as one could get.
Proud of my VietVet Dad!
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jataylor11 wrote:
I am assuming that the far left mail carriers would not stoop so low as to toss Swift Vet & pro-Bush mailings? It is against the law if I remember correctly.

It's definitely against the law. But the guys I work with are so dumb, they probably don't even know who they are anyway. Here's how every one of my mornings goes....

Another Vietnam
qwagmire?
fear mongers
Haliburton
deferrments
gas prices
back door draft
blah blah blah

I've started wearing headphones so I don't get into any more arguments
Proud of my VietVet Dad!
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

concernedgranny wrote:
I didn't know that carriers were liberals. I was a mail carrier and I and the guys I worked with were about as much conservative as one could get.

The ones in my office are. I may be the only one not voting for Kerry. I'm trying to get a copy of our recent union bulletin so you can all see what they are saying about Bush. They are coming as close as they can to telling us to vote for Kerry without actually saying it. They say Bush will close the Postal Service, however they said the same thing 4 years ago and I'm still working.
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure the Post Office will be closed, now that we have computers and a paperless society.

I'm still worried about all the "secretaries" that will lose their jobs because of this impending disaster, too, not to mention thousands of jobs at paper mills.

Question Question Question Question Question
DaveL
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Direct Mail to NJ...great idea!

Would like to see these SVPT mailings posted here as printable PDFs for those of us not on the mailing list...would be fun to leave a couple copies scattered around the lunch room at work.
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a terrific idea:) How are they being mailed? I mean are they addressed or just box holders or what? Direct mail to every household in swing states could make a huge difference.

Our post office here, there is not one that will be voting for Kerry, but then this is a pretty conservative area. I don't know anything about their union but as far as the carriers etc.....Bush all the way.

Considering the cost of advertising on TV, the mail thing could yield a pretty good bang for the buck.
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwb7605 wrote:
I'm pretty sure the Post Office will be closed, now that we have computers and a paperless society.

I'm still worried about all the "secretaries" that will lose their jobs because of this impending disaster, too, not to mention thousands of jobs at paper mills.

Question Question Question Question Question

That's been said for decades now.

Computers have actually INCREASED the amount of paper. Laser printers make it easy to run off a bazillion edits, and computer backup for archival storage really isn't trusted, so backups of documents (that are now easy to produce with computers) are made on paper .

Here's an article describing the dismal the situation in the UK, where a national £2.3 billion initiative to "go paperless" in medicine via electronic medical records has been underway in their National Health Service or NHS for some years now (we are just getting going in the U.S.):

NHS joint IT chief resigns after six months in the job

Take it from me:

We will have a "paperless" society when bathrooms go paperless.

Don't hold your breath! Razz

-- FDL

p.s. maybe will John Edwards will make paperless bathrooms possible, spinal cord injury victims walk - and resurrection of the dead for good measure! Twisted Evil
Proud of my VietVet Dad!
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hanna wrote:
That is a terrific idea:) How are they being mailed? I mean are they addressed or just box holders or what? Direct mail to every household in swing states could make a huge difference.

Our post office here, there is not one that will be voting for Kerry, but then this is a pretty conservative area. I don't know anything about their union but as far as the carriers etc.....Bush all the way.

Considering the cost of advertising on TV, the mail thing could yield a pretty good bang for the buck.

They were addressed to specific people. It wasn't alot of them. I'm just wondering why these people were chosen. Where did they get their names and addresses? It would be stupid to waste money on sending them to donors, so that can't be it. Besides, I didn't get one. I'll try to find out.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

probably from voters registration list - democrats
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jataylor11 wrote:

Judging by the effort the Democrats used to disqualify military votes, I don't think a flyer would slow them down one bit.
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know my sister works for the post office and she is so pro-Kerry it is sickening. She has talked my little sister in also voting for Kerry. My post office sister is so worried that her job is going to be lost because President Bush wants to privitize the post office and she even informed me to quit sending her e-mails against John Kerry (makes me sad as she and my little sister both live in Michigan...) BUT I know both my Mom and my Aunt are voting for President Bush so they will cancel their two votes out and I know my little sister's husband who is Union is voting for Bush...so we are up one vote.

Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: