SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I voted for in order: Nixon, Reagan, Clinton, Clinton, Gore

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: I voted for in order: Nixon, Reagan, Clinton, Clinton, Gore Reply with quote

So not sure where that puts me politically. I guess a moderate (there are so few of us nowadays as things have become so polarized).

Anyway my point is that I do not use military service or lack thereof as my sole, or even the most important, litmus test for whom to vote for. To do so seems a little naive to me, the same perhaps as using a candidate's abortion position as the sole reason to cast a vote or not, equally spurious would be to use their position on NAFTA, or the Kyoto Treaty, or Star Wars, or No Child Left Behind, or Steel tariffs.

Now each of these things are important, but none of them, to me, are the most important litmus test for decising to vote for. Same holds true for military service...its one more facet of the man but not the only one.

I think the choice for President has to encompass the entire man (or woman). and that all things have to be weighed (almost used a Kerry word there : nuanced Smile ) and a sum arrived at.

Regarding military service, it does seem to me that Kerry's surpasses Bush's service by a medium to large margin...but that would not be the most important consideration to me (for me its the economy) while I do understand that to some Swift boat veterans, it might be.
Jim
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 7:33 pm    Post subject: oops, was meant as a reply, not a new thread Reply with quote

Sorry about that, was meant to reply to a thread asking who we'd vote for, regarding Kerry and Clinton
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: