SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PETA
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JannDallas
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: PETA Reply with quote

I called as an enraged animal activists to complain to them today about the blatant use of killing a goose for pandering to the voters just to get elected.

Guess what, they are being flooded with similar calls. Just wanted to let you guys know that. Wooo Hooo, Tick off your base voters.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I applaud your tactics and sincerity. This site is dedicated to the truth and unless you are an animal rights activist, what you did was not. You don't need to lower yourself to Kerry's level. There are more than enough animal activists out there to take on Kerry without members of this site getting their efforts distracted.
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did visit PETA website ( http://www.peta.org/ ) to see if anything was there and as I expected - not a peep (pun intended)
JannDallas
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: Actually Reply with quote

I have a group of ducks and geese that live in the canal behind my house that were not developed enough to migrate this year and are feeding them with grains and other duck food.

Even though I have no objections to people hunting, I am against it unless it is used for food. I do not think it is my business to tell other people who enjoy the hunt (and most people I know who hunt do it for deer sausage, tamales, etc) I really do believe that going out and killing an animal just to get a few extra votes does not qualify for what I believe in and therefore, I did not lie. Just wanted to clarify.

Edited to add: We have a golden retriever, a basset hound, a rainbow lory and 5 bird feeders also in our backyard. We have 3 egrets and 2 blue herons that live behind us too. If someone shot those animals in order to get a vote, urrrgggghhhhh. We also have racoon, armadillos and possums. They dig up our yard, but I won't call the animal shelter as I know they will put most of them down and neither my husband and I can do that. Won't tell you what we do with the snakes.

Last edited by JannDallas on Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Son of a VET

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
As much as I applaud your tactics and sincerity. This site is dedicated to the truth and unless you are an animal rights activist, what you did was not. You don't need to lower yourself to Kerry's level. There are more than enough animal activists out there to take on Kerry without members of this site getting their efforts distracted

I think it is funny as he11! If it had been Bush they would have already had a media field day. Why not get them to speak up about this. "unless you are an animal rights activist", Why does it have to be that? I like animals, I hunt, and I think it is a same to kill something your not going to eat. How do you ask a goose to be the last goose to die for a shameless campaign photo op.

Stolen Honor
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How do you ask a goose to be the last goose to die for a shameless campaign photo op.

Oh, my. What seeds he's sown that he should reap this? If it wasn't so sad, it would be pathetic.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where I work, there's a pond near the office building, and a HUGE flock of several hundred Canada geese that spend all year here in Connecticut, even when the pond freezes over. Some wildlife organization feeds them, and they sit around and poop like crazy. Although hunting them is illegal here, if somebody was mean enough, they could shoot dozens of them from ten feet away--these geese aren't afraid of people.

I wonder if the place where Kerry went "hunting" had a similar flock of non-migratory human-fed geese, that would make easy targets for Kerry!
wednesdaychild
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad the peta people are after them. If I can help I will. why do i care why someone does not vote for JFkerry? just as long as they do not? It is not an illegal activity to bring this to peta' s atttention.
let their own left wing crazies destrory them. Very Happy : Very Happy
cngarts to the poster who did this. Good for you . strike one more for GWB.
coolhand
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry didnt go hunting. He went killing. There's a difference as this article explains:

http://www.cnsnews.com//ViewCommentary.asp?Page=\Commentary\archive\200410\COM20041022d.html
wednesdaychild
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm trying to find a way to contact peta from their website and express my disgust at what kerry did. I do not see any contact info. anyone see a way to contact peta?
JannDallas
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject: Peta Info Reply with quote

I found this e-mail

info@peta.org
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cipher wrote:
Quote:
How do you ask a goose to be the last goose to die for a shameless campaign photo op.

Oh, my. What seeds he's sown that he should reap this? If it wasn't so sad, it would be pathetic.

I think that is one of the worst political tactics I have ever seen, hunting goose with camouflage for photo op. As I watched it over and over on the TV yesterday, Kerry looked very silly. This guy is selling his soul for presidency. Didn't you hear yesterday when he stated that Bush would "ban" computer to protect typewriter? As silly as his face at the Unfit for command's cover.
srmorton
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rush had a caller on his show yesterday that was a "real" hunter. He
said that he thought that the geese must have been provided for Kerry.
In other words, the field was "baited" with the geese. He said that it
was highly unlikely for four people to each "bag" a goose in such a
short time (less than two hours) unless the geese were literally
"sitting ducks". This is not hunting. It is cruel and unfair not to give
the animal a fighthing chance. Not even hunters, much less PETA
supporters, approve of such a practice. In our state it is actually illegal.
As for JannDallas, I thought what she did was a brilliant piece of
investigative work. Just like a secret agent, she penetrated the enemy
lines to find out what was going on in their camp. This is a war for the
soul of America, and you know what they say about love and war!
Spiess
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: Oh I dont know Reply with quote

I mean I dont think a Little psyops is bad.
Look here is the deal, Yes we all want to hang Kerry, We all are good people who dont want to lie, misslead. Let me ask you who, do we not want to misslead? who are we dessiring respect and attention?
Yes we have to live with ourselves, well let me say this, I am a hunter, I dont care what PETA thinks, I could care at all what these people have to say, they play mind games all the time. Ninth circuit court say animals should be able to sue Bush? PLEASE!
So here is the deal I am for this calling PETA, I think that if your gonna win a street fight you need to throw some low blows, This is about SURVIVAL people. anyone who believes Kerry wont weaken this country is crazy, anyone who thinks that Terrorist wont attack if Kerry is Elected is flat wrong.

Its about Survival , nothing else, this is a civil war of Ideals, ours, one of supporting the constitution of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, an Oath I took in 1990, the opposition wants to subbort our way of life to the UN, pervert the Constitution by means of a liberal judge from the bench.

Sorry I think calling PETA was Fine.
Son of a VET

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree!

Stolen Honor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: