SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Letter to Editor submitted 10/25/04

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Kerry - VVAW Leadership & "Wintersoldier"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: Letter to Editor submitted 10/25/04 Reply with quote

Response to 10/15 letter… You can still hate the war and support troops.

Thank you Sandi Walters for sharing the painful episode you had with your son being mistreated by an ungrateful American at a local Wall Mart store. I am saddened to report that this is not an isolated incident. Members of the military and veterans have been suffering from attacks from Americans who hate their Military since the protests first started against the war in Vietnam.

5/21/04 I met up with my Navy recruit son on his first liberty after boot camp and his two brothers at Six Flags Great America Gurnee, IL strangers came up and thanked him for his service, we went to UNO’s for pizza and they gave him a military discount, we played mini golf and my son received another military discount. It was such a relief to see the shift in public opinion from my 1975-1979 service. Suddenly it all crashed when one of his brothers told me that during another liberty on 5/30/04 while visiting the Chicago loop a hippie type on a bicycle waived his middle finger at my uniformed son. Then the memory of my personal public mistreatment while serving in the Air Force popped into my mind. And then I became consumed with all the stories of public mistreatments that were shared with me as I patrolled the 90th MSS missile wing back in the 70’s’. I remember how the honorable men I served with rarely talked about Vietnam however they had no loss of words when it came to Hanoi John & Jane. I also remembered security briefings that included potential threats from the Vietnam Veterans Against the War (V V A W).

I GOOGLED *V V A W* in my search to discover the roots of how Americans came to the place were they hate their own military. Then I read these words that are records of fact and it all fell into place for me.

Vietnam Veterans Against the War (VVAW), Kerry testified before the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations on April 22, 1971, telling the Senators and a national audience that American troops "...had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of Ghengis Khan, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam..." and accused the U.S. military of committing war crimes "on a day-to-day basis with the full awareness of officers at all levels of command."

Do you think these words have anything to do with mistreatment of your military sons or daughters who are now serving, or how Americans mistreated over 3 million Vietnam Veterans as they returned home?

These accusations were never cross examined or substantiated. Yes, atrocities do occur in war. But out of the hundreds of men I served with that did see combat in Vietnam I do not recall a single tail about atrocities. However they did complain how they lost friends because the Air Force avoided indiscriminative bombings in an effort to minimize civilian casualties. So at best, Kerry’s statement. “the U.S. military of committing war crimes "on a day-to-day basis with the full awareness of officers at all levels of command." Is a gross exaggeration and even Jane Fonda several years later admitted that her involvement with the VVAW was a little over the top.

I searched for a Jane Fonda like statement from John Kerry without success I even went to John Kerry’s debunker site in early June and suggested he make an apology to defuse this story when the GOP comes out with it. The Kerry campaign has basically decided to ignore this chapter of Kerry’s record and attack anyone who tries’s to come out with it. Like Geraldo Rivera did last night on Fox news dismissed the Swift Boat Veterans as bologna. So I guess the 260 plus veterans who served in Kerry’s unit are just bologna according to Geraldo Rivera. Believe me regardless of how this election turns out their will be a cross examination of Kerry’s 1971 testimony.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If kerry wins then all those serving now can expect kerry to accuse them of acts reminicent of Genghis Khan.

Those who do not learn from history will repeat it's mistakes.

kerry is a traitor now and has been for the past 33 years.
one more captins mast
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: this is not Dr. Phil stuff, Reply with quote

Guilt is a big player this time, I hope that those in the voting booth

who, so easy to belive Kerry, in the past will , do what is right

"when alone with the truth" and vote aginst the extension of his lies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Kerry - VVAW Leadership & "Wintersoldier" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: