SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

hand out Stolen Honor.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:02 am    Post subject: hand out Stolen Honor. Reply with quote

There are a number of ways that we can get the viewing of Stolen Honor out. Showings at home and invite friends, e mail a link to the free showing to everyone in your mail box, print the Stolen Honor web site and include the link to the free showing and hand them out to parents Holloween Night include putting in the bags of children for their parents, Ask local taverns to show the movie on their DVDs. Whatever it takes. I have e mailed the link to over 150 people in my Bush Supporters mail box asking them to forward to everyone in their mail box. We need to get active.
Son of a VET
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use the link in my sig to get the 65.5 meg file (best quality). Use a program like TMPGnc plus to make a svcd (mpeg) file. Then use Nero burning rom to burn it as a svcd. Looks good. I am making as many as I can to hand out. You may also want to just burn the wmv file to disk for those who don't have a dvd player that plays svcd's (most do, but not all), they could use the wmv to watch on their pc. You can get TMPGnc Here if you need it: http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_main.html

The file you end up with should be about 723 MB (759,078,824 bytes) after you convert it with TMPGnc.

Stolen Honor
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This process will make it viewable on a normal dvd player?

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: hand out Stolen Honor. Reply with quote

ocsparky101 wrote:
There are a number of ways that we can get the viewing of Stolen Honor out. Showings at home and invite friends, e mail a link to the free showing to everyone in your mail box, print the Stolen Honor web site and include the link to the free showing and hand them out to parents Holloween Night include putting in the bags of children for their parents, Ask local taverns to show the movie on their DVDs. Whatever it takes. I have e mailed the link to over 150 people in my Bush Supporters mail box asking them to forward to everyone in their mail box. We need to get active.

As you may know, I took a bit of flack for suggesting putting something in the kids halloween bags, but I am adamant about doing so as I see it will cause no irreparable harm to the children. Imagine the number of homes across this country that can be reached with the SH message just a day or two before the election! The pro-Kerry Parents will probably be furious and local media outlets will be contacted. I think it is a great way to get local media involved too, especially in the swing states - I'm in OHIO.

My problem is timing (getting an origina) and then not having the equipment to burn copies. If Sherwood is offering the film for free over the net, is he not concerned about generating revenue by the sale of the cd? If he's not, is it possible that he has enough originals that he would be willing to sell them (a large quantity) at a discount price, if he's told about our effort in this regard?

Kimberly

Kimberly
Son of a VET

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This process will make it viewable on a normal dvd player?

On most, not all. You can check your owners manual or look on the front panel. Most newer dvd players will play svcd's and vcd's. I have it burned as a svcd and it plays great in mine. You can put it on a vhs if need be, you just need to have a tv out from your video card and an out from you sound card going to a vcr.

Stolen Honor
Son of a VET

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is an idea. Make the svcd, go to your local Walmart, Serars, etc. Go to the electronics dept., put the svcd in a dvd player that is connected to a tv display, push play (and repeat if it has that option) and walk away.

Stolen Honor
Son of a VET

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just sent one with a friend to VA.! He is going to pass it around and make copies.

Stolen Honor
Polaris Squid
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:03 pm    Post subject: Awesome! Reply with quote

Son of a Vet,
It works! Just like you said, I used the TMPGEnc program (by the way it is a 30 day free trial) and created a SVCD (super video CD) from your download. Then I used Nero 6 to burn the SVCD to a CD disk (not DVD disk). Hint - to prevent any possible burning errors, always defragment your hard drive right before burning.

It plays great on my AMW DVD player (2 years old) attached to my TV. I'm making multiple copies to hand out anywhere I can. What about the rest of you out there? Let's get busy - it works! Just don't expect the end result to look like a high quality DVD - but it's clear enough to read small text on screen and easily recognize faces on my 26 inch screen. A blank CD costs about 50 cents - is that too much to ask for a chance to refute the lie of Kerry as a war hero in the minds of your aquaintances? It's a clean download- no viruses or trojans. So, get on with it, times a wastin. Who cares how long it takes to download? Just start it before you go out for dinner or before bed time. The convcersion took less than an hour on a newer half-decent computer, and burning the CD takes 5 minutes. Think how long those days were for the men in those POW camps!

Thank you for your excellent effort on this project. I salute you, sir. Exclamation Very Happy Exclamation

Last edited by Polaris Squid on Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Tacan70UDN
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are so far beyond me with all that tech stuff. It's all Greek to me. Embarassed I have a low-end computer with dial-up. I downloaded the low res version for Windows Media Player (.wmv). The video isn't great, but the sound is fine. I'm burning copies to CD-Rs and passing them around to folks with computers. Best I can do at this point. Hope it helps! Very Happy Better than nothin' Rolling Eyes
redneckvet
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Son of a Vet:

Thanks for the info and download for "Stolen Honor". I have made ten copies that I plan to distribute today.

We gotta get this message out to the public........
Polaris Squid
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too am handing out ten copies on CD tonight at a local University Republican Student Rally.

I handed out 4 last night to neighbors and one to a security guard I know. I left one on a park bench today and said a prayer that God would get it to someone who needs to see it.

We can all (even those without CD burners) send out emails with the download links. This is a powerful video, first I cried and then I got enraged. Mad
Remind those you send it to that it was produced by a Nam Vet and has no actors (well maybe Kerry) - the real stars are the POW heroes in the movie!
Polaris Squid
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to give a SVCD or Video CD to someone who doesnt have a DVD player, please note: Special media players are often required to play Video CDs on a computer. Here is a freeware (not trial) media player. Download VIPlayer 2.09 here http://viplay.cjb.net/ and click "Download" tab at top. Be sure to also instal codecs under "Additional Software".

Anyone else know of free SVCD player software?

Lots of folks have computers but dont have DVD players. This way they can all watch the Video CDs.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From your friends at FACNET

Here is the real Kerry-- the Federal law-breaking Kerry in last week's picture with the Canadian goose he shot, during October, when the Canada Goose season doesn't open until 6 November in Ohio (from The Federalist 04-43 Brief :
"I would sincerely like to know the answer to this question: How did John Kerry manage to hunt and supposedly bag a Canada Goose on October 21, 2004 in Ohio without being issued a citation by a Federal Game Warden? The season on Canada Geese does not even open until November 6, 2004. Did he even have a hunting license?" --Akron, Ohio ).
Or maybe he was shooting a pen raised, partially tame one at some so-called "hunting preserve", trying for another Silver Star. And did you notice that he had changed guns (to an over and under) from the picture the week before when he was "holding" a Remington 11-87 semi-auto--one of the very guns he voted to BAN in his Senate voting record.
Cheers--and thank God,we only have a few more days..........

Henry Mark Holzer - Newsletter <newsletter@henrymarkholzer.com> wrote:

Subject: STOLEN HONOR

See Stolen Honor (film about the POWs) for free here:

http://johnkerrythenewsoldier.blogspot.com/2004/10/watch-stolen-honor-for-free-online.html

http://johnkerrythenewsoldier.blogspot.com/2004/10/watch-stolen-honor-for-free-online.html

It is in 2 parts. Very powerful.

Pass it on to as many people as possible. There was a concerted effort by Kerry to suppress this film. See why.
Kwik K
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I got my DVD in the mail today - I ran DVD Decryptor on it and am ready to burn like 10 DVD's. Trick or Treat is tommorow night - who should I target? I also thought about maybe just going to homes that have Kerry signs out front and giving them one.
jrwhite85
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:37 am    Post subject: Tips on personal persuasion from a veteran PSYOP officer Reply with quote

I can not recommend making bootleg copies of the DVD, unless we have blanket approval to do that. Can anyone tell me the answer to that one? Now then, assuming you have already crossed that bridge...: Wink

1. Make face-to-face contact wherever possible - especially with those who sport Kerry signs on their lawns. Give them a rel person to connect with this message. Drop by, be sweet Very Happy - don't be contentious! >>Evil or Very Mad DON'T argue! Plead with them to give the video a watch, in respect to the POWs who gave, each, at minimum, five years in POW camps that we might enjoy freedom! Be positive! Be tearful if you feel like it! Crying or Very sad Speak to your personal feelings. Maybe yuo can carry your Dad's VSM with campaign stars... I don't know. Pray about it.

a. Visit between 1800 and 2030, unless you know the people already.
b. Go with your wife or husband. Very Happy Very Happy (but only one of you should talk!)
c. Dress casually - no coat and tie! Not too casual! Cool
d. Print copies of the transcript, but better yet, of Kerry's 1971 testimony, with your own highlights, as well as maybe the Pitkin story and affidavit (short, to the point) - some people will not have a DVD player!

2. Failing a face-to-face meeting, write them a handwritten note - enclose the other stuff too, like the DVD if you can afford it. Mention that the MSM have blocked airing of this critical information, while they have assisted Michael Moore in exercising his right to be wrong (while making 128 million with his lies on college campuses). Finally, explain your personal position (relative who is a Vet of Vietnam, a VN KIA friend, somebody you know who refugeed from there, etc. - be specific! -- be truthful).

3. Are you near a college campus? Go to the next football game and hand out your own personal fliers! Ensure you have the official stuff (ilke Kerry's testimony under the Congressional Record header, as presented on wintersoldier.com. Add your own personal highlights, circles and exclamation points by the crucial stuff prior to reproduction. Be sure to identify yourself as someone who is deeply concerned - but normal. Do it with your family if possible - again, normal.

4. In general, and in public:
a. Ask people if they are registered to vote. If not, don't waste time Confused . Tell them they need to register, get informed, and vote - then MOVE ON.
b. Ask if people have made up their mind whom they will vote for. You will find that many undecided voters do their shopping late at night. Surprised
c. Remember, every person you meet is another potential vote for the President and against John Kerry. Gas station attendants, toll-booth operators, fast-food drive-up window girls. All. Be nice, be a regular guy, but be bold Exclamation Arrow ! Our children's future depends on it.

5. Another thing. Forget about sure things, like "Virginia is Bush Country," etc. Hawgwash. Every vote counts! A margin of 500,000 in Virginia, versus 150,000 would be a huge benefit. Let's silence the demagogues who will claim a stolen election! If we are to win, we need to run up the score, too. So any additiona Laughing l vote is a great thing!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Stolen Honor" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: