SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My review of "Unfit for Command"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thomasfly
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:51 pm    Post subject: My review of "Unfit for Command" Reply with quote

I have an answer to the question as to why the nation is so evenly divided between John Kerry & George Bush: 50% of the voters are below average in intelligence (likewise, 50% are above average in intelligence, according to the strict mathematical sense of the word "average").

After being on Amazon since mid-2003- and receiving more "helpful" votes than either of the 2 "Spotlight reviews," my review of Lynne Cheney's book, "Telling the Truth," was deleted by someone at Amazon, just as the Presidential campaign was heating up.

Echoing the review here, titled "Critical Thinking is Gone," in her book Cheney devotes an entire chapter to the importance of critical thinking (for those who actually CARE about uncovering the truth, to the best of their abilities).

After being missing for the past several months, my review of Cheney's book has been restored, but a longer essay containing it is on my website (the link may be found by clicking on my name, then "see more"); currently, since July 20, there have been about 12500 readers, around the world. Quoting from it on the subject of critical thinking:

The Presidential campaign also demonstrates a pervasive and profound lack of critical thinking... For example, in an attempted interview with John O'Neill on "Scarborough Country" on MSNBC, Oct. 22 (with Pat Buchanan substituting for Scarborough), Lawrence O'Donnell ("Senior MSNBC Political Analyst") - in the great tradition of Harvard-educated boors - largely prevented him from speaking, by constantly & loudly calling him "liar! liar!"

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks." - Hamlet

as Mr. O'Neill attempted to make the point- despite the "proof" offered by the Kerry-bronze-star report written at the time- that there had been no fire from the enemy during Kerry's best known "swift boat" incident, by citing facts that are apparently disputed by no one who was present:

1) the 4 undamaged swift boats remained in the area where one was sunk by a mine for approximately 45 minutes

2) the river was about 75 yards wide, so a boat (which was 51 feet in length) in the middle of the river would have been little more than 100 feet from the river banks

3) none of the men on the boats were wounded by bullets, nor was there damage to any of the boats due to gunfire, and

4) the Viet Cong and North Vietnamese soldiers did not have a reputation for being lousy shots...

(end of quote)

If John Kerry could kill a poor little goose from 20 yards away or more, during his recent photo op in Pennsylvania, well...

Senator Bob Dole- a genuine World War II hero who has the partial paralysis to prove it- had some critical thinking of his own to offer recently, remarking that it was inconceivable to him that someone could be awarded 3 Purple Hearts in less than 4 months (getting Kerry a ticket back to the States), without ever spending a day in the hospital.

(By the way, I only rate "Unfit for Command" 3-stars because I didn't read it, and there's no "I have no qualified opinion about the book itself" option to choose from- none of the 1-star "reviewers" of Dr. Cheney's book are honest enough to state the fact that they didn't read her book, before launching into their inventive, and generally incoherent anti-administration diatribes.)

My online essay also has some other good stuff, like a photo of a guy barbequed in Hiroshima, at a distance of 1 kilometer (0.6 miles) from Ground Zero- to give some idea of what Vice President Cheney is warning about- as well as a scanned page from a book that gives the etiology of the word "Bull" (and it's more common derivatives).

"Bull," etc., has nothing to do with farm animals, but rather it traces it's roots to one Obadiah Bull- an Irishman that lived in the 18th Century- who was, like John Kerry (and most of the leadership of the Political Wing of the American Bar Association a.k.a. Democratic Party)... a LAWYER.

Kerry's spent the past 18 months using the phrase "failed miserably" in virtually every sentence- hopefully, in only 6 more days, he can finally say "As the charlatan, demagogue, and narcissistic liar that I am, I have FAILED MISERABLY in my ego-driven attempt to con the American people into giving me the most important job the world's superpower has to offer."

An excellent example of Kerry's willingness to say whatever he feels will help him become the #1 Hot Shot in the World, is his continued harping on the supposed disappearance of 380 tons of HMX and RMX- explosives particularly well suited for triggering atomic bombs (he doesn't mention, in making this criticism, his months of harping on the claim that President Bush "lied to the American people" about Saddam having such dangerous substances).

This "hot story"- which Dan Rattler intended to run on "Sixty Lies" 2 days before the election- has been known to responsible authorities since the day before our troops entered Baghdad. It was recently "leaked" by persons associated with the U.N. That is, it was leaked by persons outside of the United States who want to influence our election, defeat George Bush, and maybe get the heat off the "Oil for Palaces and Weapons and Kickbacks to John Kerry's Friends in France" scandal.

The fact is that these explosives were known about prior to the invasion, and it was a priority to secure them. However, the day our troops entered Baghdad, a detail was sent to locate them in the vast weapons complex, but they'd already been moved- so this "hot story" is just so much anti-Bush BS.

Like the "Oil for Food" sham that was starving the Shiite children of Iraq, John Kerry's advice- to "give the inspectors more time to do their work"- would have been turned by Saddam into an opportunity for "more time for me to hide my Witches' Brew in the desert."

And neither Kerry, nor the New York Whines which broke this non-story, mention the 400,000 tons of explosives already have been destroyed by American & British forces, or are being guarded by them, awaiting destruction.

So gee, I wonder when Kerry will say that he made a mistake, in rushing to make false allegations based upon incorrect intelligence (to the extent that anything in the New York Times represents intelligence)- or is he too stubborn to admit his mistakes and learn from them?

If you're smart enough to use your Windows calculator to compute the fact that, per million population, the United States has 45 lawyers for every 1 lawyer that the rest of the world has, then you're smart enough to see through John Kerry (and if you aren't that smart, well, vote your emotions).

In his debate with John Edwards, Mr. Cheney thanked the lame-duck North Carolina Senator for his "kind words" regarding his daughter Mary. However, John Kerry's similar "kind words" - with none of the Cheney's in attendance, and no permission from them to spotlight any family member before a viewing audience of 40 million people, IN REGARD TO ANY TOPIC WHATSOEVER - belie a sleazy... and poorly thought-out... strategy of attempting to discourage "religious right" supporters from going to the polls on November 2nd, to vote for the Bush / Cheney team, in this tightly contested election.

Immediately after the debate, Kerry's campaign director Mary Beth Cahill referred to Mary Cheney as "fair game" (like the minding-its-own-business goose killed by Kerry?).

John Edwards wife - who is also a lawyer - also has seen fit to weigh-in, with her divine insight into the feelings of the Cheney's. She suggests that Vice President and Dr. Cheney's outrage indicates that their daughter is an embarrassment to them.

And regarding the review that claims that Gen. John Eisenhower will vote for John Kerry, I think there's a good chance his dad, President Dwight D. Eisenhower may as well!

Like the 2000 election, in 1960, Richard Nixon won the popular vote, but lost in the electoral college to John Kennedy. President Eisenhower advised Nixon to demand a recount, but Nixon declined, saying that he wouldn't put the country through that kind of turmoil.

Frank Sinatra was a mutual friend of Kennedy and a Chicago mobster, with whom Kennedy shared a girlfriend (introduced to him by Sinatra). The Chicago mobster often boasted to his girlfriend that he put Kennedy in the White House (probably even some of the folks that the mobster had put in the cemetery cast votes for Kennedy).

Nixon's refusal to throw the country into turmoil by demanding a recount starkly contrasts with the Kerry campaign's pre-declared goal of doing exactly that, if they don't get their way on election day.

Nixon (who would have been impeached, like that other lawyer-President in recent memory, had he not resigned) may have been dishonest & sleazy in many respects, but you'll have to admit, he was no match for John Kerry.

Here's a tip on how bad the U.S. economy is, John:
California, with about 10% of the U.S. population, currently would have the 4th largest economy in the world, if it were a sovereign nation.

Here's a observation about the President's "failure" to put 450,000 American troops in Iraq:
150,000 troops toppled Saddam in 3 weeks. To field an invasion force of 300,000 additional troops would have required many more months and vastly more money than the $87 billion you voted-for-before-voting-against; and, due to considerations about the weather, might have meant a delay of an entire year- another year for Saddam to prepare defenses for a war his pals in France assured him they could prevent. Furthermore, 3 times as many troops would be 3 times as many targets, for the terrorists and Saddam loyalists- so it's hardly certain that more troops would have meant fewer casualties / fatalities, rather than MORE casualties.

And here's a question for you, Senator:
Since you're the only one talking about possibly bringing back the draft, and the need for more troops in Iraq, does that mean that, if elected President, you'll urge Congress to reinstitute the draft? (If so, don't count on it- Congress almost certainly will continue to be controlled by the Republicans.)

Soon, we'll find out whether or not the Big Lie works as well in America, in 2004, as it did in the Germany, in 1934.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: