SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This Book Tells It All

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grunt15
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:54 pm    Post subject: This Book Tells It All Reply with quote

I have read the book and I am hearing many others have read it too. It makes me sad to realize that Kerry has gotten to the stage that he has. I can't believe he made it to the Senate after reading about his past and seeing "Stolen Honor". I am a Vietnam Veteran too and, in my opinion, he has dishonored many of us just as Jane Fonda did. I would cut to the chase and just say his acts were treason. I cannot vote for such a man nor would he have my respect if he were to become president. I feel every Vietnam Veteran would turn their backs on him just as he did to us upon his return from Vietnam. He is NO war hero! Many of us cherished what we did for our Country. I hold my military decorations as an honor and they will go with me to my grave. He threw his away and then attempted to use them in his run for political office. What a shame! More serious than all though is the harm he did regarding our comrades who were imprisoned in North Vietnam. "Stolen Honor" shows what his attempts toward political gain did. Kerry broke a code with us. Unlike the Corpsman who carried the wounded back to friendly lines and risked his life to save a fellow Sailor, Marine or Soldier, Kerry cut and ran and then hurled lies about us when he got back to the United States. I cannot forgive, I cannot vote for him and if he were to make it to the presidency, I would work to my dying day to see him defeated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: