SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ABC article VERIFIES weapons WERE THERE?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grandforker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every time I see one of these stories, they do nothing but confuse me because they make no attempt to answer some obvious questions. For example:

If these explosives were so dangerous and could be used in the making of nuclear weapons, why didn't the UN weapons inspectors destroy them when they had the opportunity to do so in 1995? If the UN could be trusted to do the job properly then, why should it have been trusted in 2003?

Doesn't the fact that the US has destroyed 240,000 tons of weapons, ammo and explosives and has another 160,000 tons marked for destruction indicate that finding and getting rid of such materials is a high priority? And if we can agree that finding and destroying this material is a priority, how is it that such a large and obvious cache of dangerous explosives would be overlooked?

Are the Americans destroying ammo and explosives as fast as they can find them (which looked to be the case immediately after major combat operartions ended) or are they carefully cataloging everything they destroy, noting exactly where it came from?

Even if some or all of the explosives were removed by enemy forces, isn't it possible that they could have been found and destroyed elsewhere by troops that had no idea of where they came from?

If, as alleged, the explosives went missing a year and a half ago, then where is the evidence showing that the terrorists and insurgents have been using them? And if they're not using the explosives, why not?

[/list][/list]
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did I hear correctly this morning that CBS is now claiming to have photos to prove Bush screwed up???
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone honestly believe that the IAEA, part of the UN, all of whose members were almost literally in bed with Saddam, wouldn't slide him a few extra seals?

I have no trouble believing that ElBaradei, an Egyptian I believe, would side more with fellow Arab Hussein than the U.S.

The timing of the release of this memo proves that.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dimsdale wrote:
Does anyone honestly believe that the IAEA, part of the UN, all of whose members were almost literally in bed with Saddam, wouldn't slide him a few extra seals?

I have no trouble believing that ElBaradei, an Egyptian I believe, would side more with fellow Arab Hussein than the U.S.

The timing of the release of this memo proves that.

so true
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: