SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Absentee ballots for military

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davman
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:14 pm    Post subject: Absentee ballots for military Reply with quote

Has anyone heard whether or not they are going to get the absentee ballots for our military personnel form Pa. flown in, so thier votes will count?
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As it stands right now, the military is screwed. Rendell will not extend the date for receipt.

Prisoners in PA have been tended to very carefully by the Democrats. Their votes will count.

The votes of active duty servicemen will NOT.

Seems to me that this is a MONSTER issue.
Fighter Cat
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:23 pm    Post subject: Military votes In Pa Reply with quote

I wrote Governor Rendell and was not satisfied with his reply.

We could lose 40,000 votes in Pa. there if they aren't counted. In Florida, as long as the absentee ballots were postmarked on the ship or plane by election day they were legal up to 10 days. (last time)

I would call your local republican congressman to protest. You can also e-mail Gov. Rendell and others at the [url]www.congress.org [/url]site or call their offices.

It's despicable.

We need to fly in those absentee military ballots. Why wouldn't a governor want to grant an extension. His answer that it would lead to disenfranchisement has no basis. Mad
Fighter Cat
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:25 pm    Post subject: Contacts to protest military votes not being counted on time Reply with quote

http://www.congress.org
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calling anyone is going to be tough, but I'd still recommend doing it. Hannity had Rendell pinned on the floor yesterday and Rendell would yell "uncle." Hannity pointed out that Rendell is under great pressure, and no doubt he is.

Perhaps the calls ought to go the Justice Department, who already has petitioned Rendell to extend the dealine to no avail.

Or maybe start an impeahcment proceeding.

Who would want a Governor who guaranteed prisoners the irght to vote but denied active duty servicemen that same right???
rhv5862
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:41 pm    Post subject: Absentee Ballots Reply with quote

Rendell won't grant extension because he knows 85-90 % would be for President Bush. By not granting the extension he hopes to swing Pa to Kerry. The Dems have a real nerve to talk about every vote counting. They would surpress every Rep vote if they could.

RHV
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving to Geedunk

Thanks
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This issue really disheartens me. I do not know what to do about it. Sad

I hope the commanders are making the guys and gals aware they can vote online. Privacy is overrated when the future of your country is at stake.

I have no military experience to draw on. What is the best way to get the word out to the troops?

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Son of a VET
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listen to Sean Hannity today at 3pm EST. He will have the Gov. of PA. back on today talking about this.

www.hannity.com
he has a live stream. If you go there now you can listen to yesterdays show with the Gov. of PA.

Stolen Honor
Proud of my VietVet Dad!
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drjohn wrote:
As it stands right now, the military is screwed. Rendell will not extend the date for receipt.

Prisoners in PA have been tended to very carefully by the Democrats. Their votes will count.

I heard on the radio this morning that Rendell plans to ask for a one week extension for absentee ballots. Maybe Hannity will get it out of him today.
Fphamm
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Proud of my VietVet Dad! wrote:
drjohn wrote:

I heard on the radio this morning that Rendell plans to ask for a one week extension for absentee ballots. Maybe Hannity will get it out of him today.

Either get that statement out of him or put some lead into him....
GiveMeFreedom
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, here's what I think we should do. Wait & see what Rendell says on Sean Hannity today. If we aren't satisfied, we start an email / phone calling campaign. Screw'em... what do we have to lose? And look at what we have to gain. Full steam ahead - DAMN THE TORPEDOES!!!! Twisted Evil

(yes, I'm ex-Navy!! Laughing )
http://www.operationac.com
Support our Soldiers!!
GiveMeFreedom
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOOK what I just found!!

GOP Seeks More Time for Military Ballots
Oct 29, 10:33 AM (ET)

By MARK SCOLFORO

(AP) U.S. Marines from the 2nd Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment return fire on enemy positions after...

HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) - Under pressure from military voters and Republicans, Democratic Gov. Ed Rendell said Friday that he will ask a federal judge to extend the deadline for counting overseas ballots by one week.

Rendell told a news conference in Philadelphia that Republicans could produce only one voter - out of 26,000 overseas military and civilian voters - who failed to get the absentee ballot he requested.

Nonetheless, "Even if it's just one or two votes, their votes should be counted," Rendell said.

GOP state Sen. John Pippy, an Army reserve captain who served in Iraq, criticized Rendell's proposal, saying the governor asked for - and received - a nearly three-week extension for counting absentee ballots in the April primary and should support a two-week extension now.

A Republican-financed federal lawsuit by two servicemen in Iraq and Kuwait filed Wednesday against Rendell and Secretary of State Pedro Cortes seeks a 15-day extension for their ballots' return.

Rendell said one of the plaintiffs' ballots was delivered to the address he put on his absentee ballot request form. He said there was no explanation why the other plaintiff never received an absentee ballot.

"There may have been a (mistake) in the mail. But it's not widespread," Rendell told CNN on Friday.

A hearing on the federal lawsuit was scheduled for Friday before U.S. District Judge Yvette Kane, and Rendell said his lawyers would ask that ballots postmarked by Tuesday, Election Day, be counted until Nov. 9.

Rendell had initially resisted asking for an extension. Thousands of callers have jammed phone lines at the governor's office in recent days over the question.

Rendell had requested the extension during the primary because of a large number of challenges against nominating petitions that delayed the distribution of absentee ballots.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20041029/D86159B00.html
http://www.operationac.com
Support our Soldiers!!
davman
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's stay on top of this. We need to see it through to the end, and make sure that our soldiers don't get screwed again by Kerry and his crowd of anti American, anti US Soldier liberals.
rhv5862
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Absentee Ballots Reply with quote

Need to keep pressure on Pa but don't forget Browered County Fl. They have lost 50000-60000 absentee ballots that they received back and say they don't know what happened to them.

RHV
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: