SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Naval Intel - Support of Swifts

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NILO-GO CONG
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 12:58 pm    Post subject: Naval Intel - Support of Swifts Reply with quote

Ref- CSPAN-5/4/04
I listened intently to the above interview, with an increasing sense of rage, and yet gratification that your organization is stepping up to set the record straight.

I read Tour of Duty and was extremely upset with Kerry's version of the war and the place that swifts and Navy personnel played.

I cannot think of an incident where the Navy did anything close to Kerry's experiences during his short 4 months. It almost feels like Kerry was acting the role of a reporter( with the objective of getting a Pulitzer), digging up real or unreal information and stories on anything and everything that happened in Vietnam over a 20 year period. A well orchestrated charade to build his political base and future.

I served in IV Corp as the NILO-GoCong province (Naval Intelligence Liaison Officer) from May of 1969 thru May of 1970 and worked numerous operations with the Swifts out of Vung Tao, PBRs from My Tho , naval air - OV-10 Broncos, and helos from 1st Air Cav.

As I was the naval liaison with local Intel ops for Go Cong and the surrounding rivers, we worked closely with different units such as Kit Carson scouts, PRU, local ARVN, and in some cases counter insurgency Phoenix ops aboard the swifts. Some of these units, once transported to the operation LZ , were harder to control than others, but this is where the character of US officers made sure that things didn't get out of hand.. (PRUs were basically criminals, released from prison and funded by govt agencies, with the direct mission to identify and interdict VC operations.)

I would be happy to join your group or learn of a similar organization for COMNAVFORV that can be an outlet for NILOs. I have been way too silent in the face of such charges by the Senator.

NILO
Montana
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen Brother. Well said and Welcome Aboard.

MONTANA
boatsturley
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salute! Welcome aboard Brother. We've all been silent too long. After all these years the opportunity to finally answer -those who were responsible for our comrades in arms KIA total after TET '68 - is giving many of us who were there renewal. We were young and didn't understand how our countrymen could ostrasize us for serving. We submerged. But now, 33+ years later we are older ans wiser. Too bad that Kerry didn't get the wiser. He openned this discussion by trying to use us again. This time it won't work. He is a Pretender who has come to believe his own lies and fabrications. And maybe, just maybe, this whole thing will finally give all of us Vietnam era Veterans some real vendication after all of these years. In memory of all of our brothers and sisters who died our efforts now may finally give them peace. By "outing" Kerry we are "outing" all of the lies and fabrications about the war we won many times over without being allowed to collect the enemy's sword. Kerry and his ilk are responsible for that and more...
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: