SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No time for the blues
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frank B
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: Keeping active post November 2nd Reply with quote

There is a lot of nailbiting and will be right down to the wire. As has been said here and on other threads and in other forums, we need to keep positive and focused. SO TRUE!! If that traitor somehow squeezes into the Presidency, we just have to continue on in our efforts to legally bring him to accountability. If the crippled media refuses to serve the best interests of America, it will be up to us to get out of these pajamas and get more actively involved in the direction of our country, even if Bush wins.

The country being split in its choice for the Presidency says alot about an uninformed and misled citizenry. MT is a Republican state, with a minority of Democrats tied to unions, academia and lawyers (wonder of wonders!!). I happened to be in a coffee shop in one of those liberal bastions last week when a middle-aged woman at the counter said she was voting for Kerry and when I asked her for what reasons, nothing she said made sense: "He reminds me of Roosevelt, Bush is weird, he got us into war, he's making money off these high gas prices." She had no clue about Kerry's traitorous past and his betrayal of the Veteran other than to say she had heard something about a "few of his old bosses wanting to crucify him." Geeeesh......beam me up, Scottie! BTW, I did give her a pep talk and paid for her coffee....!!

This is what we have been up against all along. We have made a dent in people's thinking but without any solid, continuous support from the MSM. We just have to march on with this fight to expose Kerry, no matter the election outcome. Too many are relying on us to stick it out.

Last edited by Frank B on Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the polls... Everybody just assumes that the polls are conducted honestly and objectively. On what basis is that assumption made? I believe the pollsters are just as subject to bias as the MSM.
Frank B
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject: Suspicions confirmed!! Reply with quote

Just reported on Fox: Kerry has, by far, been getting the most positive exposure in the media, more so than any candidate of the last 25 years!! Could have fooled me!! Shocked
ProudArmyWife
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leslie wrote:
GeorgiaBoy: You may be right, but history has shown that Republicans typically do not poll well over the weekend (more family and church oriented). And I just read somewhere that the hour at which they do the polling is in the afternoon (as opposed to the usual evening). So this may skew the results.

I've been watching the polls closely for a few weeks now and every weekend Bush appears to lose traction....in fact tomorrow's tracking polls might even be a bit worse since it's usually a three day track.... I cannot believe the latest poll on FOX which showed males splitting almosting evenly for Kerry-Bush. Typically it's been 53% or more for Bush. Also typically the women's vote has swung slightly for Kerry. Today's FOX tracking poll showed it almost even (which would be good news). Also, there has to be some reason that the Democrats released a poll "early" from Democracy Corps last night...it was suppose to be a 3 day tracking poll as well.... I think the plan is to gain the label of the country moving towards Kerry based on how the weekend polls have been historically showing a "dip" for Bush over Fri/Sat/Sun. The election is Tuesday.

I hope one of the "poll" experts that have kept me calm over the last couple of weeks will post more technical info about these weekend polls again. In the meantime, I'm going to keep doing something constructive....praying.
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm not mistaken, the polls were WAY off in the various house/senate 2002 elections, at least I know they were here in Georgia but I seemed to remember that it was the same throughout the nation. I took that to mean that maybe polling was becoming an outdated tool, livestyles and technology had changed too much. But to balance that out, dead people don't poll well either, too many disconnected phones.
Frank B
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anker-Klanker.....

You nailed it. The pollsters for the most part are biased, otherwise, why the great disparities among them? I gave up reading anything from polls that can be so diverse in the questions asked or how they are phrased or even if they just require yes and no responses. Simple arithmetic tells us (using year 2000 numbers) that for the approx. 130 million registered voters, a 1% chunk is 1.3 million, therefore a 2% swing in poll numbers means over two and a half million people changed their minds in two or three days....and what about the 7% switch in a week? This election the registered voter numbers have increased tremendously and so would the poll percentages.

And people aren't always up front in their responses to poll questions. I'll wait until Tues nite/Wed morn when Hawaii completes their count!!
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rb325th, you are 100% correct. There is a lot that can be done without NavyChief's research project. Look what was done with the TV ads and the Stolen Honor video. Kerry has more than enough skeletons in his closet to destroy him if everything is used properly.
A number of the troops on board are disappointed that they have to stand down, but it's probably for a good reason, and we will abide by the decision of our higher ups.
I'm waiting to see what CBS and the other liberals outlets have in store for tomorrow when they hope to catch us off guard with some stinger story (real or fabricated).
NavyChief's work is a lot like a nuke. You don't actually have to use it to make people fear you. The fear the left has cooked up in their minds about this topic worries the dickens out of them and that might be enough.
Two days left and that sorry excuse VC collaborator is behind in the polls.
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeorgiaBoy wrote:
rb325th wrote:
No Doom and Gloom People!! Let's be positive and do what we can to get the message out, get the votes in at the Polls and do what we can to kepp kerry out of power!
We can Win this, and we will win this!

Not trying to spread doom and gloom. But from a realistic point of view using Realclearpolitics. Bush's spread was 3.0 yesterday morning. It is now 1.8. Something needs to be done to stop the bleeding and sitting around waiting (with no news or encouragement from Chief) is pure hell to someone like me. Yes, I trust Chief and I am very thankful he came along when our country needed him. However, I do wish he would communicate more often so as to keep up morale.

Yes, and if you read the bloggers with polling expertise, they'll tell you that the Democrats always do better on the weekends. It's still the weekend.

Also - don't you think liberal bias applies in this case, too? Yes it does....

One great example - from http://www.powerlineblog.com/ yesterday...

"Deja vu all over again

Yesterday, in "For whom the Minnesota Poll tolls," I anticipated that the Minneapolis Star Tribune would release a poll on Sunday that would show John Kerry pulling away from President Bush in Minnesota. Whatever its other defects, the Star Tribune cannot be faulted for unreliability.

Exactly as anticipated, Sunday's Star Tribune reports that John Kerry has opened a 49-41 lead over President Bush in the results of the latest Star Tribune Minnesota Poll: "Minnesota Poll: Kerry opens a lead." The Star Tribune story also reports that the (far more reliable) St. Paul Pioneer Press/MPR Mason-Dixon Poll released today shows the race essentially tied, with Bush leading 48-47: "Bush, Kerry in dead heat."

As has become the tradition, the Star Tribune attributes the discrepancy to the "volatility" of the voters. I, on the other hand, attribute the discrepancy to the "inaccuracy" of the Minnesota Poll. Sickening."
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooah Folks!! This is the proper attitude! Take no prisoners and get the message out!!
BuffaloJack there is a topic in Geedunk discussing 60 Minutes "new" story for tomorrow night. It is a hack job on body armor and up-armored HUMVEES.
Let's get some participation in there and let them here from the silent majority!
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’d like to take a minute to help set the stage for Monday (apologies to those who have seen this several times, and welcome to our new viewers) for the Pajamahadeen out there –

Since we got news of the documented link between John Kerry, the Vietnam Veterans Against the War and the communist North Vietnamese government early this week, I’ve been encouraging readers of this board to CALL THEIR SENATORS, among others.

My sister used to work for a couple of congressmen on Capitol Hill. Every Representative and Senator has a process in place to receive and process constituent phone calls.

KEY POINT: For every ONE phone call they get, staffers and the congressmen assume that anywhere from 10-100 other people feel the same way, but don’t take the time to call. Sooo…since so few people actually call, in proportion to the population at large, EACH phone call can be vitally important.

I believe it would be fair to say that our calls helped Sen Majority Leader Bill Frist get in touch with NavyChief…correct me if I’m wrong, NC.

Email is not as effective, since their in-boxes are overflowing right now. Plus, phone calls have that personal touch….

GUIDELINES:

Be polite, be specific, be as factual as possible.

Use the links and posts on the board to muster your collection of facts and information.

DO NOT share scripts between each other – they can smell ‘em a mile off and it greatly diminishes the impact of what you’re trying to do. This is personal….

DON’T expect to get a call back – that’s not what this is about. This is about pushing for them to TAKE ACTION! We want our voices to be heard in a collective fashion, versus having them try to keep track to who to call about what issues.

DON’T expect to change minds when you call the Democratic offices. Again, that’s not the purpose (although I’d love to be a fly on the wall if any of the Democratic staffers actually go to the web sites and read the evidence…). Our purpose is to get ACTION, and numbers is one way to get this issue over the “Tipping Point” (see: Malcolm Gladwell’s book, The Tipping Point). Once it tips, the tides rush in. We need to help make the tip happen….

WHY SENATORS?

The United States Congress is one the biggest ‘Ole Boys Network around. John Kerry has been part of that club for 20 years. You can bet that many, many people do not want to get involved in anything related to our mission.

They want it to GO AWAY - and we can see it happening. They want to stall, and dance, and twist, and avoid touching this. THAT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. They won’t rat out a fellow Senator unless extreme pressure is applied - and we are applying it!

However…power abhors a vaccum. The old military principal of "kick 'em when they're down" applies here. We need to keep kicking, and others will pile on it.

WE ARE UNITED STATES CITIZENS. THE SENATE (and the House of Representatives) WORKS FOR US. ONE OF THEIR OWN HAS BEEN FOUND OUT. WE WANT THEM TO TAKE ACTION INDIVIDUALLY AND COLLECTIVELY. They will each be up for election one day – and the Pajamahadeen has loooong memories.

The Senate is the Big League (House members might disagree with me, but Senators get better offices!) – when they speak, the media tends to listen pretty well.

Your MARCHING ORDERS:
CALL BOTH OF YOUR STATE'S SENATORS. Republican, Democrat – doesn’t matter. You’re not debating them, you’re DEMANDING THEY TAKE ACTION on this issue.

CALL BOTH THEIR WASHINGTON D.C. OFFICES AND THEIR LOCAL CONGRESSIONAL OFFICES.

USE THIS WEB SITE TO FIND BOTH NUMBERS: http://congress.org/congressorg/home/

Congress is not in session, so don't expect them to be in Washington, D.C. They may very well be in their home districts or even in their local offices. Call both.

CALL SENATE MAJORITY LEADER (leader of the GOP's in the Senate) BILL FRIST (again. Keep up the pressure).

CALL BOTH HIS D.C. AND LOCAL TENNASSEE OFFICE:
202-224-3344
615-352-9411

THEN, CALL THE SENATE WHIP (#2 GOP man in the Senate) MITCH MCCONNELL - BOTH OFFICES
202-224-2541
502-582-6304

THEN, CALL THE WHITE HOUSE AND REGISTER YOUR DEEP CONCERN over this issue. Let the President and his team know we’re out here and we’re ANGRY.
202-456-1414

THEN, CALL SEN JOHN WARNER'S OFFICE
202-224-2023
804-739-0247
Why does John Kerry have a medal citation signed by you when he did not win the medal while you were Secretary of the Navy?

For good measure, if you're still in the mood to be feisty -

CALL SEN TED STEVEN'S (Senate President Pro Tempore - oversees the Senate when the VP isn't available) OFFICE
202-224-3004
907-271-5915

These are the key leaders in the Senate.

WE ARE UNITED STATES CITIZENS, MANY OF US VETERANS, WHO WANT ANSWERS. WE WANT TO KNOW WHAT KIND OF PERSON JOHN KERRY IS AND WHAT HE'S HIDING. WE ARE ANGRY AND WE WANT ACCOUNTABILITY FROM OUR ELECTED REPRESENTATIVES.

Once you’ve done this FIRST, on to emailing talk radio, major media, etc.

THEN – head to your local GOP headquarters and join the massive “get out the vote effort” going on. Heck, don’t wait! Our local office is calling today, two shifts worth (I’m on the phones from 9-1 tomorrow….)

There’s PLENTY WE CAN DO!
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to emphasize - if you're feelin' antsy right now, call or stop by your local GOP headquarters NOW to help with phone calling. They should be going from 1-8 p.m. or so local time.

They have a massive strategy this year to get out the vote - and YOU can be a huge part of that effort. They need 150,000 VOLUNTEERS all across the country to make this happen.

Even if you're not in a swing state, or are in a solidly blue state - go get out the vote. We REALLY need Bush to get a huge majority in the vote so we can avoid the Democrat's attempt to hijack the election.

Go. Now!
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the fight is still moving forward. Chief will be on Radio Monday. Articles are outting the news. Monday will be a good day. Understand the need to run silent. Chief and all are with you. CTW

Never Ever Kerry
USAF66-70
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tradesports has Bush over Kerry at 55/45. Stop your whine and put your money on Bush.
tiredoflaundry
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I.m sure its posted somewhere ,but When is Chief gonna be on radio, with whom & what station? Is there a website I could hear it on on the net?
angelnoel
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tired of Laundry

I'll be checking the site beginning early in the AM -- my guess it a 'sticky' will be the area to look for. I suspect it cannot be listed until morning of the event. Now I know I won't get much sleep tonight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: