SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thank You Swifties and POWs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pleikuman
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject: Thank You Swifties and POWs Reply with quote

This topic is being posted the morning of November 1. Tomorrow, we will have the privilege of exercising our vote. As my father (a refugee from Nazi Germany) said following the election of a man he detested, "This is the price one must pay for living in a democracy."

Win or lose, we all owe a debt of gratitude to the Swift Boat Veterans and POWs who stepped forward to protest the candidacy of John Kerry and educate the American people concerning his disgraceful and dishonorable conduct during and after his truncated tour in Vietnam. Absent the efforts of the Swifties and POWs to get the truth out about Kerry, the myth of his "war hero" status would have gone completely unchallenged in the mainstream media.

The Swifties and POWs also withstood the full fury of the Democrat attack machine with dignity and honor. My admiration for John O'Neill and his fellow Swifties and POWs increased each time I witnessed their abuse by Democrat hacks like James Carville, Chris Matthews, and Lawrence O'Donnell on various talk shows (Crossfire, Hardball, etc). These men could have remained silent. Would you or I have had the courage to step forward and accept this firestorm of personal insults in defense of the truth?

Thank you Swifties! Thank you POWs! Your courage and resolution are an inspiration to us all.

Pleikuman
1878 Communication Squadron
Pleiku, RVN '70 - '71
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree completely. President Bush was not doing well as far as public opinion was concerned in this country until the SwiftVets became organized and started airing their ads. I have listented to radio programs where John O'Neill was vilified and demonized right to his face. And yet, he took the abuse with dignity and honor. I can only imagine how many death threats or other threats against himself and his family he has had to endure.

Look at the ad that shows all of those Swiftees standing proud and tall staring into the camera. Those are men of integrity, valor , and honor. They have had to fight Vietnam all over again. I truly believe that without their efforts this election would have been a definite Kerry win. I KNOW that they energized the Republicans that I know and I must believe that they had the same effect all over the country.

Gentlemen, I was proud of you when you served in Vietnam. But I am even more proud of you now. You have and always will have my greatest respect.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: