SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

swiftvets legal defense fund

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tony54
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:39 pm    Post subject: swiftvets legal defense fund Reply with quote

First of all I want to thank all the swift-vets for putting their life on the line couragously in Viet-Nam.
Secondly I want to thank John O'Neill and the other 260 or so vets for putting up such a fight for our country again, with the "Unfit for Command" and the great ads and this website.
Thank you all, we owe you dearly.
But third, I dont think this will be over after the election, I fear that Kerry and his other "Band of Brothers", the trial lawyers will try to ruin these courageous men in the courts with frivolous lawsuits, (slander, defamation of character) and so on. And they have unlimited resources.
I think if and when it comes to that,it will be important for all of us to stand with the vets and help them with legal fees, some of them may be well off, but some of them may not be.
Hopefully it wont happen, but we should all stay in touch after the election and be ready to help them, for they sure did enough for us!
Thank you vets, and God bless you!
azTrish
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best Defense is Truth..Kerry doesn't have truth on his side.

He won't enter in a law suit as he would have to come clean on his entire record. I honestly suspect he may fear self incrimination in those records.

However if there is an attempt as far as the Kerry Cronies claiming their image or whatever being used in Stolen Honor, count me in for a defense fund.

It sure is good to have the truth on your side.. Imagine living life as Kerry and even Hillary always looking over your back they have been so intentionally hurtful to so many people.
Wescoot2
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do believe that the Swifties would love for this to happen........if in fact it did, it would give them the opportunity to require Kerry, thru the discovery process, to FINALLY sign an SF180, opening his records to the courts.......

I doubt that it will ever come to that, Kerry and crew will just crawl back under the rock that they emerged from......

No Mission To Difficult...No Sacrifice To Great...

DUTY FIRST
openfish24
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry won't sue

If he sues all his records are released and he loses.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

openfish24 wrote:
Kerry won't sue

If he sues all his records are released and he loses.

If that happens, I'm still in.
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in We will stand together. CTW
Rurik
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make OUR day!!

Essayons!
Fight Build and Destroy
homesteader
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skerry will not dare initiate a legal tangle with the Swiftees for the reasons stated above. What is more likely (I hope) is that even when he loses and especially if he wins, the Swiftees stay on his case. They will need support for that too.
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa and hold on. By now, if you've been a participant in this forum, have you seen any claim, ascertion or statement by a Swiftee or POW that has actually been challenged on fact?

NO

At the very best it would be a frivaolous suit with no merit. The only reason I became a member here and accepted the job as a moderator was the absolute conviction of the Swift Vets in fact checking and presenting the truth.
tony54
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not saying that lawsuits would be the common-sense thing to do, but look at whom we speak of!
With the trial lawyers being anti-Bush and Kerry and Edwards being attornies, how hard would it be to find a Federal Judge to take such a case, a Clinton appointed Judge would welcome the opportunity to stick it to the Swifties.
And they would try to drag it out with lies and lying witnesses, just like they ran the election campaign.
And even if they dont win in court, they win anyhow cause it would cost each of the Swifties a lot more than they can afford just to defend themselves.

I would'nt put anything past these communists.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: