SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The word IS getting out
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Papa Yolk
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NRO: http://www.nationalreview.com/comment/morris200410311242.asp

"John Kerry’s Other Vietnam War"
mangdawg
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's another terrific story from combatvetsagainstkerry.
(hope they don't mind me using it)

Courtesy of Major Bill Donahue USMC (Ret)

Kerry's discharge

Sit down and take a deep breath. I learned something over the past few hours.

LB, you have known me for many years. I tell you this with full assurance that I believe every word I am writing. I trust my source 110%.

As a former Army Remington Raider you may understand the details of this better then me.

The earlier Internet statements that John Kerry got a dishonorable discharge (DD) were wrong. You and I both recognized that then and we both commented about it not being true in our opinions. The reason I gave was that a DD can only be imposed by a General Court-martial and I did not believe Kerry could have hidden that because it is a felony conviction. Your argument was he got a General Discharge. I agreed. I do know a General Discharge is under honorable conditions. Having been a Company Commander and "A" Team
Commander, I know that is a fact. The approving authority for General Discharges was (and may still be) a Battalion Commander in training companies and Brigade or Division Commander in line units. My experience with General Discharges is that they are awarded to soldiers who have extreme personal or family problems, but their service has been honorable so the General Discharge gets them out early to handle their problem. Ditto for trainees. They try hard but are obviously unsuited and they agree to take a General Discharge. General Discharges are for the good of the service and the good of the individual.

We were both wrong about Kerry getting a General Discharge.

We were both right about Kerry not getting a DD.

According to the info I was given today, Kerry got what neither of us considered. My source informed me that Kerry got an Undesirable Discharge under other than honorable conditions. An undesirable is awarded by a board of Officer action. The board finds the individual unfit for military service. It is the administrative equivalent of a DD without the felony conviction. A person so discharged does lose all military benefits. My source confirms Kerry received this discharge between 1971 -1972.

President Carter issued the amnesty in 1977, Kerry's case was one of thousands reviewed and he was awarded an honorable discharge on 16 Feb 1978.

That was twelve years after he enlisted in the US Navy Reserves for a six year commitment.

I learned there is a group of very senior Retired US Navy Officers who are attempting to put this in a format acceptable to the American public and the press. The difficulty they are having is due to all incidental records of those pardoned by Carter having been destroyed.

None of the Kerry military documents released are from the 71-72 time frame. I would also point out that others have noted that Kerry's was discharged pursuant to the recommendation of a board of Officers.

The bloggers have covered that in much detail already. I was not sure how to take that before today. I do know that I have several discharges all honorable and none required a board of Officers to award it to me. I am now convinced that Kerry needed a board's approval because he had a bad discharge to contend with. That also explains why he was credited with six
extra years in the inactive US Navy Reserves before he finally got an honorable discharge.

In the interest of full disclosure, I have discussed these details today with several other retired service members who have at least some knowledge of the details. All agreed with what I have just written, at least the parts they are familiar with.

Also you can view the records Kerry has released at his own website.

www.johnkerry.com

On the left, under "get informed" click on John Kerry.
On the right, click on service.
At the top right right, click on Official Naval Records.

Click on acceptance of discharge to verify the date.
Click on Honorable discharge from Reserve to verify the board of Officers.

I invite anyone to prove I am wrong.

I invite John Kerry to prove I am wrong by releasing his hidden military records from 1971-1972.
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the word is getting out - and WE are going to keep pushing tomorrow, Monday.

Since we got news of the documented link between John Kerry, the Vietnam Veterans Against the War, the anti-war movement and the communist North Vietnamese government early this week, I’ve been encouraging readers of this board to CALL THEIR SENATORS, among others.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=41106
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=41142
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=41194

My sister used to work for a couple of congressmen on Capitol Hill. Every Representative and Senator has a process in place to receive and process constituent phone calls.

KEY POINT: For every ONE phone call they get, staffers and the congressmen assume that anywhere from 10-100 other people feel the same way, but don’t take the time to call. Sooo…since so few people actually call, in proportion to the population at large, EACH phone call can be vitally important.

I believe it would be fair to say that our calls helped Sen Majority Leader Bill Frist get in touch with NavyChief last week…correct me if I’m wrong, NC.

Email is not as effective, since their in-boxes are overflowing right now. Plus, phone calls have that personal touch….

GUIDELINES:

Be polite, be specific, be as factual as possible.

Use the links and posts on the board to muster your collection of facts and information.

DO NOT share scripts between each other – they can smell ‘em a mile off and it greatly diminishes the impact of what you’re trying to do. This is personal….

DON’T expect to get a call back – that’s not what this is about. This is about pushing for them to TAKE ACTION! We want our voices to be heard in a collective fashion, versus having them try to keep track to who to call about what issues.

DON’T expect to change minds when you call the Democratic offices. Again, that’s not the purpose (although I’d love to be a fly on the wall if any of the Democratic staffers actually go to the web sites and read the evidence…). Our purpose is to get ACTION, and numbers is one way to get this issue over the “Tipping Point” (see: Malcolm Gladwell’s book, The Tipping Point). Once it tips, the tides rush in. We need to help make the tip happen….

WHY SENATORS?

The United States Congress is one the biggest ‘Ole Boys Network around. John Kerry has been part of that club for 20 years. You can bet that many, many people do not want to get involved in anything related to our mission.

They want it to GO AWAY - and we can see it happening. They want to stall, and dance, and twist, and avoid touching this. THAT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. They won’t rat out a fellow Senator unless extreme pressure is applied - and we are applying it!

However…power abhors a vaccum. The old military principal of "kick 'em when they're down" applies here. We need to keep kicking, and others will pile on it. If Kerry is trending negatively in the polls (and that's happening), and takes a big hit on Tuesday...let's see what happens Cool

WE ARE UNITED STATES CITIZENS. THE SENATE (and the House of Representatives) WORKS FOR US. ONE OF THEIR OWN HAS BEEN FOUND OUT. WE WANT THEM TO TAKE ACTION INDIVIDUALLY AND COLLECTIVELY. They will each be up for election one day – and the Pajamahadeen has loooong memories.

The Senate is the Big League (House members might disagree with me, but Senators get better offices!) – when they speak, the media tends to listen pretty well.

Your MARCHING ORDERS:
CALL BOTH OF YOUR STATE'S SENATORS. Republican, Democrat – doesn’t matter. You’re not debating them, you’re DEMANDING THEY TAKE ACTION on this issue.

CALL BOTH THEIR WASHINGTON D.C. OFFICES AND THEIR LOCAL CONGRESSIONAL OFFICES.

USE THIS WEB SITE TO FIND BOTH NUMBERS: http://congress.org/congressorg/home/

Congress is not in session, so don't expect them to be in Washington, D.C. They may very well be in their home districts or even in their local offices. Call both.

CALL SENATE MAJORITY LEADER (leader of the GOP's in the Senate) BILL FRIST (again. Keep up the pressure).

CALL BOTH HIS D.C. AND LOCAL TENNASSEE OFFICE:
202-224-3344
615-352-9411

THEN, CALL THE SENATE WHIP (#2 GOP man in the Senate) MITCH MCCONNELL - BOTH OFFICES
202-224-2541
502-582-6304

THEN, CALL THE WHITE HOUSE AND REGISTER YOUR DEEP CONCERN over this issue. Let the President and his team know we’re out here and we’re ANGRY.
202-456-1414

For good measure, if you're still in the mood to be feisty -

CALL SEN TED STEVEN'S (Senate President Pro Tempore - oversees the Senate when the VP isn't available) OFFICE
202-224-3004
907-271-5915

These are the key leaders in the Senate.

WE ARE UNITED STATES CITIZENS, MANY OF US VETERANS, WHO WANT ANSWERS. WE WANT TO KNOW WHAT KIND OF PERSON JOHN KERRY IS AND WHAT HE'S HIDING. WE ARE ANGRY AND WE WANT ACCOUNTABILITY FROM OUR ELECTED REPRESENTATIVES.
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another man who has put a lot of Research into Kerry's treasonous activities.

A Civics Primer on John Kerry, Treason, and Free Speech

http://members.cox.net/hwilkerson/Kerry_and_Speech.html
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CALL THE SENATORS AND REPRESENTATIVES OFFICES
KEEP PRESSURE ON FRIST, WARNER,YOUR STATE'S
EMAIL ALL YOU KNOW
CALL ALL RADIO TALK SHOWS YOU CAN

FOCUS ON THE ARTICLE IN THE NY SUN
PRESS FOR FULL DISCLOSURE OF KERRY'S MILITARY RECORD: NOW
ASK ALL TO TAKE A STAND AND BRING THE TRUTH TO LIGHT

INCLUDE THE OTHER INFO REGARDING TREASON AND CONSTITUTION REMEDY AND TURMOIL IN AMERICA TO DISQUALIFY KERRY IF ELECTED: EDWARDS AS PRESIDENT.

GO GO GO CTW
Listen for Chief on radio today..will get the link
Listen to Rush..he has info and posted an article too.

NEVER EVER KERRY...FOREVER
TN3
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not one of the professionals on this site, I am a retired Admin. Secretary, but I am certainly doing my part in getting this out. I am e-mailing everyone I know, this info. I have never been so scared of losing my freedom in my whole life!!!!
Mooncusser
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't know.

If a person is willing to support a traitor for president, WHY WOULD THEY CARE ABOUT HIS DISCHARGE.

It is pretty obvious to me that he is a traitor...I cannot for the life of me figure out how he could be a Senator, President, Dog-catcher.

Many people of America no longer care about country, duty, honor.

I am disheartened...no matter who wins this election.

I actually won the election before I lost it.

"It is a good day to fight! It is a good day to die! Strong hearts, brave hearts to the front! Weak hearts and cowards to the rear!" (Crazy Horse)
DoGooder
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be disheartened tomorrow if Kerry wins. Right now, focus on what you can do. The discharge story is easy for people to understand.

Please email people you know and ask them to spread the word of why we are not being told the answer to the accusation.
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DoGooder wrote:
Be disheartened tomorrow if Kerry wins. .

The key really is being sure that ALL people for Bush GO AND VOTE! A lot of people will say that they will and then never go and Vote. I see a lot more Bush in this chart than I do Kerry if all of the people will vote.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/bush_vs_kerry.html
DoGooder
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a repeat, but I just want to make sure everyone does this. Sorry if you have already seen iit and done it.

This should be easy:

Only three emails to send out.

Here's a consolidation of the emails collected for the radio talk shows.

Please email them asking why no one is asking Kerry to address these concerns:

Heres a string of email for the morning shows:

doug@dougstephan.comt, Brendan@DougStephan.com,paulwjr@hotmail.com, gearhart@nj1015.com, SpikeODell@wgnradio.com, kevinmiller@clearchannel.com, peterboyles@clearchannel.com,kirbyw@fisherradio.com , me@glennbeck.com, dornan@talkradionetwork.com,
mike@mikeonline.com, tom@tommarr.com, scott@wday.com, becka@kfab.com, john@depetro.com,Dave@karnnewsradio.com, email@theggordonliddyshow.com, mrnmtg@kmox.com, edkfgo@aol.com,LWare@bluechipbroadcasting.com, barryyoung@clearchannel.com

Here are the afternoon talk shows.

bq@radioamerica.org, jj@jasonjarvisshow.com, rush@eibnet.com, brad@ktsa.com, radiofactor@foxnews.com, sftalk@aol.com, thedaverossshow@710kiro.com,
GloriaAllred@kabc.com, MarkTaylor@kabc.com, janet@jpamerica.com, johnandken@johnandkenshow.com, marc@wndb.am, howiecarr@wrko.com, RoeAndGarry@abc.com, rspires@wbt.com, bkrantz@wbt.com, dan@630wpro.com, chuck@hottalk1460.com, belling@inet-pc.com, BAC@compuserve.com, RustyKOH@aol.com, talkradiojim@aol.com, cccore@aol.com, larryelder@kabc.com, oger@rogerhedgecock.com, radiokatz@aol.com, brudnoy@boston.cbs.com, suggestions@lauraingraham.com , paulreveresociety@yahoo.com, les@leskinsolving.com, victor@victorboc.com, jack@ktsa.com, jim@jimbotalk.com, geneburns2@yahoo.com, bernieward2@yahoo.com

Here is the Florida Radio links:

newsradio@ccmiami.com, gerrardcampbell@clearchannel.com, johnmanzo@clearchannel.com, WOCA@woca.com, GeneLindsey@Clearchannel.com, bcrews@halllakeland.com, mike.dorwart@cox.com, ken@wftw.com

Thanks,

Do Gooder
army72
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing will be done before tomorrow. Kerry's handlers have made sure that all of their personal news stations sit on this. On the other hand cBS actually planned on handling the so called missing 380 tons of explosives today. Clearly not enough time for the Bush team to expose it. There is little doubt of their political dealings. It's Kerry or bust for them. Hopefully they will have to crawl into Saddams hole tomorrow.

For further proof of their leanings, Kronkite (while on King) said he thinks Rove is behind the bin Laden tapes. I wonder why fox doesn't expose that fraud. He has gone too far. It seems they are perfectly willing to do or say anything to gather votes. It sickens me to hear someone like that actually coming out and playing that political hardball. He has fallen far. CBS and Rather are right there with him.
Citizen for Truth
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every little bit helps. Charlie Sykes talk radio in Milwaukee has the Lipscomb article. It's about time, I've been hammering him on this for a week. He calls it a "post election surprise."

http://www.620wtmj.com/620programs/charliesykes/weblog.asp
mangdawg
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.combatvetsagainstkerry.com/alldischarge.htm
is the only blog that hasn't pulled the discharge news. they still give it the entire page Very Happy

everyone else has pulled it.
cbeseda
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A charlatan?

Thomas Sowell
November 1, 2004

Men who have been in combat together often form a bond that lasts long after the war is over. It is hard to think of a single example of men who faced enemy fire side by side and who later publicly denounced each other. The glaring exceptions are the men who served alongside John Kerry in Vietnam.

When Vietnam veteran John O'Neill contacted men who had served with Lt. Kerry in Vietnam, he was overwhelmed by their readiness to publicly condemn the Senator. Retired Navy Commander John Kipp was quoted as saying: "If there is anything I can do to unmask this charlatan, please let me know."

John O'Nei;ll reports that more than 90 percent of the Swift Boat veterans contacted signed a letter publicly condemning Kerry, well over a hundred men in all. Moreover, he points out, most of the still living commanding officers under whom Kerry served in combat likewise came out against him.

Steve Gardner, a machine-gunner on Lt. Kerry's own Swift Boat, was on talk radio this past summer, denouncing as a fraud Kerry's report of an incident that won Kerry a medal, but which Gardner says would have led to an official inquiry by Navy brass if it had been reported accurately as it happened.

On the very day when Gardner was saying this, Senator Kerry was saying that none of the members of his crew was among the critics denouncing him. No one in the mainstream media even questioned Kerry about the obvious falseness of that statement.

Those of us who were not there do not know whether John Kerry was a charlatan and a fraud in all the various incidents he reported -- except for one. On a number of occasions over the years, Kerry has discussed an incident that he says was a "memory which is seared -- seared -- in me."

That memory was of being in Cambodia on Christmas eve in 1968 while President Nixon was assuring the world that there were no American forces in Cambodia. It was a great story, like so many stories that Kerry has told, but we know that it was not true because Richard Nixon was not yet President in December 1968. He was elected a month earlier but he took office in January 1969.

Does it matter what John Kerry did in Vietnam more than 30 years ago? It mattered enough for Senator Kerry and his supporters to trumpet it in his campaign and to use it to deflect criticism of Kerry's many Senate votes against military preparedness over the years.

Senator Kerry's spinmeisters turned any criticism of his many votes to cut military spending and cut spending on the intelligence agencies into "an attack on his patriotism" -- for which critics should be ashamed, they said, since he was a combat hero wounded in Vietnam. The mainstream media echoed the same party line.

If John Kerry had left the past in the past, there would have been little reason for anyone else to challenge his version of what happened. But he ran shamelessly on his Vietnam record, or at least his version of it. Now that those who served alongside Kerry in the same unit tell a radically different story about the same episodes, it is considered dirty politics.

Media people who went ballistic for months with unsubstantiated charges about George W. Bush's National Guard service -- climaxed by forged documents used on "60 Minutes" -- have never demanded that Kerry sign the same official form that President Bush signed, releasing all his military records.

If Kerry's military record was important enough for him to beat the drums about it at every turn this election year, then it is important enough for the truth to come out. But the mainstream media make no such demands on Kerry as they made incessantly on President Bush.

What Senator Kerry has done in the three decades since he was in Vietnam seems much more consistent with the picture of him painted by those who served in his unit than with the very different picture presented today by the Senator and his campaign.

After voting against gun owners in the Senate, John Kerry has repeatedly gotten himself photographed carrying guns this election year. After being for a weak foreign policy for decades, his speeches now ring out loudly with words like "strong," "strength," and "tough." It looks an awful lot like what a charlatan and a fraud would do.

©2004 Creators Syndicate, Inc.z
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted, got in line at 06:50, behind about 50 people.
2 "poll watchers" inside the church, took me 1:45 this time, usually takes 20 minutes max.
Got outside, Moveon had their "booth" setup.
Election official came out and told them to move on, at least 100 feet away.

Got to work, had a message waiting.
Turned out to be a guy I've not seen for 10+ years, asking "was it me in the religious study group with his wife? call back".
Called back. His wife answered. THIS IS THE GOOD PART:

She said he was not home, was an election official this time.
She said she was worried, she had heard MoveOn had booths set up.
I verified that. She was more concerned (this lady is about 75).
I told her not to worry, there wouldn't be any violence.

She then told me she'd already voted, and was disappointed she couldn't vote for Kerry, because she doesn't like Bush.
BUT SHE VOTED FOR BUSH, because she'd been hearing about his connection with Communists, from people who were in some "groups", and there were apparently some articles in newspapers. (This lady is 75% blind)

She told me she didn't know if it was true, but she couldn't take the chance.
I then told her what group I was "part of", told her all that was true.
She asked me why I'd never mentioned that to her.
I told her it was a religious study group, I liked her a lot, and she seemed like the kind of person who could make an intelligent decision without my input.

She said she didn't feel bad about voting for Bush now, and looked forward to seeing me tomorrow night.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: