SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Arizona

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mooncusser
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:49 am    Post subject: Arizona Reply with quote

Arizona to Bush

I actually won the election before I lost it.

"It is a good day to fight! It is a good day to die! Strong hearts, brave hearts to the front! Weak hearts and cowards to the rear!" (Crazy Horse)
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just ended polling judge gig. This is a low income district, 70% hispanic, whites split between tweeker, biker wannabees, and low income drudges, 5% vietnamese and blacks less than 1%. It should have been a sweep for Kerry but W won by 2%.

A great pleasure to see the Vietnamese dragging in their extended families to vote one item, Bush. A real surprise to see many hispanics doing likewise.

The Dem' 'watcher' showed up in a T shirt emblazoned with DNC slogans. (I had to ask some overly enthusiastic Bush voters to remove their campagn buttons) My fellow Dem' judge sent him away and he eventually returned in white shirt, tie and snit. Grabbed two of our rejections to grandstand and claim we were depriving them the vote. Both Navajos and drunk with no documentation claimed Navajo County for one and New Mexico for the other as residences. Neither eligible by any stretch and the watcher slinked away not to be seen again.

Dem handlers kept bringing in the homeless, unregistered, cerebrally dysfunctioned or adversely documented from the several nearby halfway houses and shelters. They were given 'provisional' ballots destined for the round file.

Discipline was good and the few fraud attempts were scared away.

Disgusted with many wannabees decorated with retail vet this, 'Nam that and assorted military regalia who obviously had no clue they were looking at a ships cap with campaign ribbons. The were hand in hand with the "Harley" geared slobs in aging Luminas driven by their calorically challenged better halves.
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my admittedly limited exposure to poll atmosphere this morning, here in Mesa, I saw nothing untoward. But then I really didn't expect to. Anyway, the missus and I did one each for Dubya, and I wrote in Tom Liddy's name in opposition to Jeff the Flake. I probably should've wrote Tom in for McCain as well. Here's hoping that all of the libs moving in here from California don't give Kerry anything, except a swift kick in the a**!
arkadyfolkner
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's gonna be celebration in the vietnamese community when Kerry sinks below the election waves.

They remember what he did to them, too.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: