SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OHIO
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only
View previous topic :: View next topic  
angelnoel
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, they (K) may not have a choice. I think it is the responsibility of the voter to ensure they are correctly on the voter roll. When we came to FL we waited 1 month then checked. When we moved from Pinellas to Manatee County we did the same thing. YOU have to take responsibility because those in charge are so overtaxed and mistakes happen.

I really want a good look at Therezzzzza tonight. She looked dreadful 14 hours ago.
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

92% +100,000
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:41 am    Post subject: Kerry to contest Ohio??? Reply with quote

Bush leads by 134,000 votes in Ohio, about 250,000 left to be counted. Kerry would have to win those by a 77-23% margin to close the gap, some of those remaining precincts in Republican counties. Fat chance!!!

There are about 140,000 provisional ballots--Kerry would have to win practically ALL of them to overtake Bush. About half of them registered in CHURCH--I wonder who THEY voted for?

Maybe Kerry thinks that he's "entitled" to be President, but America is not a monarchy...whatever happened to letting VOTERS decide???

For once in your life, Kerry, be a man and admit DEFEAT!!!
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish someone has a timeline of Cuyahoga...I have watched it go from 65.77% to 66% up to 66.78% in the last 10-15 minutes..which is hard to do---raise a whole percentage with that large of a sample size and little precincts left.

3 precincts left open in Cuyahoga out of 1458

PRESIDENT AND VICE-PRESIDENT
Vote for 1 (With 1457 of 1458 precincts counted)
MICHAEL BADNARIK/RICHARD V. CAMPAGNA 1827

GEORGE W. BUSH/DICK CHENEY 215118

JOHN F. KERRY/JOHN EDWARDS 432816

CANDIDATE DISQUALIFIED 0

MICHAEL A. PEROUTKA/CHUCK BALDWIN 1665
http://boe.cuyahogacounty.us/BOE/results/currentresults1.htm#0531
angelnoel
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

msindependent What are you reporting? So sorry but I can barely see anymore and cannot remember.

ALERT CNN, CBS & ABC have NOT called OHIO! RE: Dan R. & Bob S. (CBS) should have retired before this election so they didn't look like goats.
GiveMeFreedom
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great.... the Kerry campaign won't concede Ohio, so now we have to wait for 11 days for the provisional ballots to be counted - per the Secretary of elections or something. talk about 2000 de ja vu' again!

man, I'm tired. good nite!
http://www.operationac.com
Support our Soldiers!!
angelnoel
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ORD33 It's Northern Ohio -- what do you expect? They NEED to know how much Kerry is short. Same old Same old It's been going on for as long as I can remember --- that's back to the early 50's.

Then we have Juan Williams on FOX talking about the "few" ballots from Hamilton County. He doesn't have a clue as to what he is discussing.
angelnoel
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Give me Freedom That is an Ohio law Provisionals get counted 11 days after the election.
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Counties remaining open in Ohio with large % of precincts uncounted:

Ashland County --Bush (64% Current) 40% Precinct In
Athens --Kerry (64.2%) 70% Precinct In (small county, college town OU)
CLERMONT --BUSH(70%) 55.5 Precincts In (Many votes left!!!)
Clinton County --BUSH (68.5%) 62.5% in (small county though)
Coshocton --Bush (55.6%) 51.2% in (small county)
HAMILTON COUNTY ---BUSH (51.5%) 49.6% in...watch this one depends on if inner city has been counted or suburbs Huge amount left
WARREN COUNTY ---Bush (71.7%) 66.1% in (Fairly large county & votes left!)
Summit County ---Kerry (56.3%) 86.3 in (Large County gives some to Kerry)
Franklin County---Kerry (53.7%) 95.6% in (I suspect these last portions will probably go fairly heavy to Kerry---inner city)

Overall, thanks to Clermont, Warren, & Ashland County I'd say its looking pretty decent for Bush to keep up respectably.
ashter
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so ord33, what are your predictions then? Do you think it will be 2 weeks before this is over?
Bill Levinson
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:58 am    Post subject: 95% of OH precincts reporting Reply with quote

President (10890 of 11477 Precincts Reporting) • Exit Poll • County Results
Party Candidate Votes V%
R George BUSH 2,648,463 51%
D John KERRY 2,546,176 49%
LB Michael BADNARIK 13,716 0%

Bush still up by 100,000 votes.
angelnoel
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On behalf of Laura & George, Florida is counting on OHIO to keep them smiling! Cool LOL
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ashter,

Well, its hard to say, I havent really calculated it out...If there are 140,000 provisionals left, and say even Kerry took 60% of those, I dont think he would knock off Pres. Bush...However, they will take a long time to count those 140,000 provisionals and I'm sure the Democrats will dispute some that were "thrown out" due to various reasons. If they start counting the provisionals 11 days from now, and actually have to search each and determine if its legitimate, I could imagine that would take quite some time..Hopefully, this will be done behind the scenes and not in the spotlight of the news hanging over it every day. If the margin Bush ends up with tonight is substantial, I would hope the media would realize Kerry even winning a huge portion of the provisionals still wouldnt gain him a victory. My opinion though is it would take a couple weeks from the starting date (11 days from now) to legitimately check the provisional votes (definitely not an expert though!! Very Happy ). I think its only right that they take the time and do it right, instead of slop through it quickly and have the dems scream bloody murder if one doesnt get counted that should....Just hoping Bush's margin is large enough, so the provisional ballot count cannot rationally be considered large enough in Kerry's favor for him to take Kerry.... Just my thoughts on everything, definitely no expert on the subject!

Blackwell (Ohio SOS) said in 2000 there were approximately 90,000 provisional ballots (90% of those were valid) and you never heard a peep from the media about the counting of those...Because Bush already had a large enough margin regardless of the count. Hopefully that is the case this time. Blackwell estimated 30-40% more provisional ballots this time than in 2000 (I think I heard that correctly, he said it on FOX).

Last edited by ord33 on Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2:04 AM EST. Ohio: Bush up by >120,000 votes, only 4% of precincts left.

TIME TO CONCEDE!!!
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ashter wrote:
so ord33, what are your predictions then? Do you think it will be 2 weeks before this is over?

What's YOUR prediction?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 16 of 23

Jump to: