SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SVPT mention on Powerlineblog.com

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:22 pm    Post subject: SVPT mention on Powerlineblog.com Reply with quote

www.powerlineblog.com

Quote:
Last week, the experts at The Weekly Standard issued their election predictions. Rachel DiCarlo called it 51-48 for President Bush. I said that her prediction sounded about right. And so it has proven to be.

I actually hoped, and half-believed, that the country would rally to Bush to a greater degree. But let's give his opponent some credit. Despite the best efforts of the Bush campaign to expose Kerry as a liberal flip-flopper with pacifist tendencies, and despite his deplorable cheap-shots, carping, and 20-20 hindsight, Kerry managed to come off as marginally presidential and make a marginally favorable overall impression on the voters. The debates, I think, were his key.

In the end, I believe that Kerry captured all but one percent (or maybe half of one percent) of the potential anti-Bush vote. That he didn't get it all is probably due mostly to the efforts of the Swiftvets and other Vietnam veterans groups.

Kudos, ladies and gentlemen!!!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: