SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

~ ~ ~ EXIT POLLS begin at 2pm ~ ~ ~ Post here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cpowkj
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Florida

Bush 3,413,626 51.7%
Kerry 3,133,212 47.5%

reported 93.5%

Corection on Ohio reported 53.49% (I fat fingered it)

Yahoo

Electoral

Bush 210
Kerry 199
Young Vietnam Era Vet, was at Yankee Station on USS Coral Sea (CVA-43) during fall of Siagon, April 1975. Also, participated in rescue of the Merchant Ship Migues from Cambodia, May 1975. Currently, drilling reservist supporting CENTCOM.
cpowkj
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohio

Bush, George W. Republican 1,764,836 52.37%
Kerry, John F. Democratic 1,582,837 46.97%

reported 60.43%

Florida

Bush 3,439,919 51.7%
Kerry 3,154,164 47.4%

reported 93.6%
Young Vietnam Era Vet, was at Yankee Station on USS Coral Sea (CVA-43) during fall of Siagon, April 1975. Also, participated in rescue of the Merchant Ship Migues from Cambodia, May 1975. Currently, drilling reservist supporting CENTCOM.
cpowkj
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohio

Bush, George W. Republican 1,879,432 52.18%
Kerry, John F. Democratic 1,699,515 47.18%

reported 64.23%

Florida

Bush 3,465,929 51.8%
Kerry 3,175,316 47.4%

reported 94.3%

National Popular Vote

George W. Bush 51% 38,051,933
John Kerry 48% 36,015,330

reported 59%
cpowkj
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Florida

Bush 3,514,112 51.7%
Kerry 3,222,685 47.4%

reported 95.3%

Yahoo

Electoral

Bush 237
Kerry 199

National Popular Vote

George W. Bush 51% 41,352,572
John Kerry 48% 38,772,280

reported 64%
cpowkj
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohio

Bush, George W. Republican 1,952,255 52.31%
Kerry, John F. Democratic 1,756,111 47.05%

reported 66.72%

Florida

Bush 3,537,247 51.8%
Kerry 3,240,711 47.4%

reported 95.5%
cpowkj
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Florida

Bush 3,668,297 52.0%
Kerry 3,330,239 47.2%

reported 97.8%

Yahoo

Electoral

Bush 237
Kerry 206

National Popular Vote

George W. Bush 51% 43,277,834
John Kerry 48% 40,645,401

reported 68%
cpowkj
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohio

Bush, George W. Republican 2,085,977 52.26%
Kerry, John F. Democratic 1,885,878 47.24%

reported 70.32%

Yahoo

Electoral

Bush 246
Kerry 206

National Popular Vote

George W. Bush 51% 43,989,860
John Kerry 48% 41,188,667

reported 68%
wednesdaychild
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not read this entire thread. I want to know, how did the exit polls get so skewed? I guess the skerry people just lied about it. anyway, they are not trying to spin it so they can blame the exit polls on a vast right wing conspiracy.
I hope they have a lot of tin foil handy. Shocked
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's fast becoming a hot topic on the cable TV networks.

Frank Luntz thinks it might have skewed the LAST election, and threatened to throw this one. He applauded FOX for ignoring the results so quickly (when Brit Hume started saying "that can't be right ...", just before Susan Estrich adopted the cowboy accent).

People start getting swayed by "alleged results" at 2 PM Eastern time, and it's looking like the exit polls are flawed procedures.
MassInd
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OKLady wrote:
MassInd wrote:
I saw a clip of the Kerry's eating lunch. Teresa looked absolutely depressed. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I saw the same clip - sKerry was eating oysters - just what the normal common man eats, right? maybe he'll get a bad one Rolling Eyes

Actually, I get the oysters and clam chowder when I go to the Union Oyster House too. Good stuff. Best chowda in Boston.

I was hoping he'd get a bad oyster too. Laughing

Maybe Teresa was depressed because he was eating oysters. Maybe she was hoping for a bad one. Laughing
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wednesdaychild,

I posted this in another thread -- to all, comments there, please:

Quote:
Subject: Were exit polls "boycotted" by some Repubs?

http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=128977#128977

A quick thought I gotta sneak in:

Before I hit the hay last night, there was a lot of discussion on TV about how wrong the exit polls were. There was exit polling at my polling place, and I did participate, but I remember first, when I walked up, thinking "who are these people... they look like Dems... oh, it must be exit pollers...."

Then when I came out & they asked me if I wanted to participate, I noticed the identification and that this was AP / CNN / CBS / etc. My initial reaction was that of rejection / disgust (considering RaTHergate, and all), but then I thought "I should do this anyway" to help support GW.
This was in the afternoon, and I was already wondering if the early exit poll reporting had affected any afternoon voters -- In another post I've already noted that those early reports on Drudge had me very apprehensive...

Anyway, point being that I think maybe more Bush supporters than Kerry supporters would see or know who was doing the exit poll, have my initial reaction, and walk away? As all these MSM pundits were scratching their heads about it last night, I was telling the TV "You twits are so arrogant that you can't see that a lot of Bushies probably blew you off!"

Anybody concur???

Back to work before I get in trouble.... I'll check this thread this evening...

ccr
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul R. wrote:
Wednesdaychild,

I posted this in another thread -- to all, comments there, please:

Quote:
Subject: Were exit polls "boycotted" by some Repubs?

http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=128977#128977

A quick thought I gotta sneak in:

Before I hit the hay last night, there was a lot of discussion on TV about how wrong the exit polls were. There was exit polling at my polling place, and I did participate, but I remember first, when I walked up, thinking "who are these people... they look like Dems... oh, it must be exit pollers...."

Then when I came out & they asked me if I wanted to participate, I noticed the identification and that this was AP / CNN / CBS / etc. My initial reaction was that of rejection / disgust (considering RaTHergate, and all), but then I thought "I should do this anyway" to help support GW.
This was in the afternoon, and I was already wondering if the early exit poll reporting had affected any afternoon voters -- In another post I've already noted that those early reports on Drudge had me very apprehensive...

Anyway, point being that I think maybe more Bush supporters than Kerry supporters would see or know who was doing the exit poll, have my initial reaction, and walk away? As all these MSM pundits were scratching their heads about it last night, I was telling the TV "You twits are so arrogant that you can't see that a lot of Bushies probably blew you off!"

Anybody concur???

Back to work before I get in trouble.... I'll check this thread this evening...

The question of WHY the exit polls were so far off is one that will be discussed and debated by political professionals for years (with a great deal of intensity in the coming hours, days and weeks).

A bunch of theories are out there. Right now, they include:

- Bad modeling for precinct selection.
- Bad modeling on the weighting.
- Were there some major data entry errors? If so, were these deliberate by agenda driven interviewers?
- Were there major errors in the voter selection? If so, why? Was it agenda driven by the political agenda of the interviewers? Where the interviewers driven by a personal agenda (young male interviewers oversampling the hotties or your female interviewers oversampling women because they felt more comfortable talking to them?
- Did some interviewers never show up at the polling places and simply fill out the surveys themselves and turn them in?
- Did the MSM badge turn Bush voters off?
- Did MoveOn/Kerry volunteers ID the interviewers and channel their voters in the direction of the interviewers in overly high numbers, resulting in an oversample of Kerry voters?
- Was the margin of error to high and degree of confidence (the percentage a survey will fall within the MOE) to low on a state-by-state basis?
- Was this just simply a statistical anomily that we expect to happen in one out of every 20 surveys?

There is one other significant question that has to be asked....

What was the impact of the bad exit numbers hitting the streets?

-Did it change the outcome in PA, IA, OH, WI, MN or MI?
-If so, who did it change it for?
-Did it negatively impact the level of activity of Bush or Kerry volunteers?
-

http://www.learnthat.com/quiz/
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: