SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tomorrow

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mother
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:38 pm    Post subject: Tomorrow Reply with quote

You've fought the good fight, but this battle's not won, much less the war.

I had cars honk all day yesterday when they drove by my yard sign. The sign is more important today, than yesterday: Support President Bush and our Troops. That's what your war is about, and it's worth winning. My son is a USMC recruit, leaves early December, and my nephew leaves
for Iraq/Afghanistan in two months. DON'T STOP NOW. DON'T TAKE ANYTHING FOR GRANTED. There were new printed signs on the highway yesterday, JOHN KERRY HANOI JANE TRAITORS. Here's a little spark for your fire.

by *Major Richard G. ("Rick") Erickson
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the cover of THE NEW SOLDIER by John Kerry and Vietnam Veterans Against The War, hippies clad in a mismatch of military uniforms are pictured mocking the legendary image of Marines raising the American flag atop Mount Suribachi in the 1945 battle for Iwo Jima.

Today, the Iwo Jima image is a memorial statue that sits above Arlington National Cemetery and honors all Marines killed in action since 1775. It is one of the most recognized and visited sites in our Capitol City.

THE NEW SOLDIER never made it on the reading list at our military academies. In the cover photo that ridicules the Marine Corps Memorial, one of Kerry’s cronies is tugging on our flag, which is hung upside down as the ultimate symbol of sedition and treachery to all veterans who rallied behind our flag in battle. On the day of that shameful
photograph and with its mass circulation on the cover of The New Soldier, at least 6,821 Marines who died at Iwo Jima turned over in their graves.

Of all the reasons why John F. Kerry will not become President of the United States, the biggest reason has to be that, once he returned home from Vietnam, he betrayed his fellow servicemen who remained
at war. Kerry not only allied with the likes of Hanoi Jane Fonda, but, before the United States Senate in 1971, Kerry went as far as to belittle the bravery of embattled troops by generalizing their every action
in Vietnam as an atrocity.

No one questioned General George S. Patton, III, when he accused Kerry of treason in giving aid and comfort to the enemy, especially when it was revealed that North Vietnam incorporated Kerry’s exploits into its communist propaganda machine. However, because of the prevalence of treason at the time and the monumental task of prosecuting Kerry and his proclaimed “revolutionaries,” Kerry’s actions went unpunished and the associated advances of communism went unhindered.

Fortunately, today’s veterans and Americans who overwhelmingly support our armed forces tend to disparage those who dishonor military service and then pretend to be capable of our country’shighest office. This political reality afflicted Bill Clinton, whose anti-military past kept him
from winning any more than forty-nine percent of the popular vote. No wonder Kerry’s presidential campaign is doing its best to subvert his estrangement from veterans and service people in general.

The tact of Kerry for President looks a lot like Clinton-Gore’s approach to deceiving voters that such an obvious liability is really the opposite. When Kerry marched in the Veteran’s Day parade in Phoenix last year, in tow behind him were a few people carrying “Veterans for Kerry” placards.

Some placard carriers looked like the ragtag types on the cover of The New Solider in that they were unshaven, wearing circa 1971 clothes and appeared disoriented.

The ongoing insult is that “Veterans for Kerry” is supposed to represent the veteran community’s support of Kerry, when the reality is that very few veterans support him. Most veterans cannot forgive Kerry for Vietnam Veterans Against The War and its promotion of communism when we were fighting communists. As far as U.S. Marines are concerned, we ought to ensure that Kerry is forever banished
from the White House for dishonoring our Memorial on the cover of The New Soldier.

*Rick Erickson writes as Director of Americans for Military Readiness, a non-profit organization devoted to troop morale and combat preparedness. He is a Major and judge advocate in the Marine Corps
(Reserves) and, on active duty, led an infantry platoon with the Fifth Marine Regiment, First Marine Division. Send comments to media@readymilitary.com.

article found on http://mensnewsdaily.com/archive/c-e/erickson/2004/erickson012604.htm
link to article on http://www.tracyfineart.com/usmc/introduction.htm

Allow me to add a few quotes:

"All men are timid on entering any fight. Whether it is the first or the last fight, all of us are timid. Cowards are those who let their timidity get the better of their manhood."
- General George Patton Jr, "War as I knew it" 1947

“It is absurd to believe that soldiers who cannot be made to wear the proper uniform can be induced to move forward in battle. Officers who fail to perform their duty by correcting small violations and in enforcing proper conduct are incapable of leading.”
- General George S. Patton Jr., April 1943

If you can't get them to salute when they should salute and wear the clothes you tell them to wear, how are you going to get them to die for their country?
- General George Patton Jr

"We want to get the hell over there. The quicker we clean up this Goddamned mess, the quicker we can take a little jaunt against the purple pissing Japs and clean out their nest, too. Before the Goddamned Marines get all of the credit."
- General George S. Patton, Jr
(addressing to his troops before Operation Overlord, June 5, 1944)

"A leader is a man who can adapt principles to circumstances."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Audacity, audacity, always audacity."
(English translation of the French Proverb)
- General George Patton Jr's Favorite Saying

For living up to Patton's principles, as opposed to JKerry's mamma telling him -on her deathbed-
"Integrity, Integrity, Integrity".........you've fought the good fight.
He should be spanked.

Live What I Believe
http://pages.sbcglobal.net/bommer/Live%20What%20I%20Believe.html

Love,
Mother

(Admin note: Edited out a few phrases that could be taken the wrong way - they seemed disrespectful to me, a vet, and a mother of a sailor.

Please be assured that our troops in harm's way are always in our minds and hearts, and taking down the so-called "peace" movement has been high on our list of discussions. EJ)
angelnoel
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mother,

As always, you are right.

Something you may not know: Our SwiftVets & POW's for Truth friends have been working 24/7 to bring the TRUTH about Kerry to the attention of all Americans for many months. They still have a trick or two up their sleeves and, because they know their mission is only partially accomplished, they will be reporting for duty again tomorrow.

Stick with them and help where you can. And while you are waiting, read through the posts on SwiftVets.com.

I had two sons in the Military. Currently I have two grandsons and one granddaughter serving abroad. These grandkids are part of the reason I'm a member of this site.

Stick with us Mother, and thanks for the gentle reminder the good work needs to continue.
Mother
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:46 pm    Post subject: tomorrow Reply with quote

Thank you for your reassurance. I've been following SW for months. I've introduced SWPOWT to many, many friends. Until now I didn't have anything to say, you all have covered me well.

Ya'll sounded pooped this morning (rightly so) and a couple folks sounded ready for a break. Guess you could say reinforcements have arrived.
It's personal, obviously.

But, also, I wrote a letter to Lt. Calley, amidst my own girlhood buckets of tears. I remember the young adolescent that was me, yelling at my mother - "How? Why?"

While I always knew that was an isolated incident, during all those ensuing years I always knew there was something amiss in America.
Something missing.

Until this incredible bunch of vets stood UP, and I found what was missing, I could never figure out what was wrong.

For Kerry to get as far as he got after what he's done to all the good guys is unpardonable.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: