SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AN OPEN LETTER TO ALL REGARDING CHIEF AND OTHERS (ALL READ)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swctexas
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:21 pm    Post subject: AN OPEN LETTER TO ALL REGARDING CHIEF AND OTHERS (ALL READ) Reply with quote

Chief and My Patriot Friends-

Until you (Chief) and I meet face to face (which one day I promised myself will happen) this will be the last time I will laud you on this public forum. I know you aren't particularily fond of it.

But today as I realized my step was a little lighter, the sky over Texas was clearing and for the first time, you could feel "fall" in the air in Houston, I thought how wonderful to be alive.

While you had no control over the weather, you were instrumental in opening the eyes of many people through your hard work and dedication to all of the Swift Vets, POWS and veterans of the war to expose Senator Kerry.

Your selfless sacrifice made more of an impact that you will ever know. Your humility is inspiring.

To Mr. O'Neil, Chief and all others who have given of their time, money, etc. to this cause, I ask one more thing.

I would like to lead the effort on behalf of all to make sure that none of you have spent personal money for fighting this real and present danger. I have amazing resources and do not want any who so selflessly donated so much time and effort to be out any money. Especially for those with families, it's a burden that all of us should share.

I would also like to bring up the issue of keeping this site open until the Senator from Mass. releases all of his military records, etc. The cost of doing so will be great but I will do everything possible to contribute and help raise funding to do so.

As the site evolves and grows, perhaps it can become a forum for all Vietnam Veterans who need help, information or just want to hang out.

In whatever way possible, please let me know what you would like to do. Chief (or any others for that matter)- if you have spent more of your personal money than you have received back, do not let a stupid emotion like pride keep you from telling me. That would be a John Kerryesque thing to do.

I am not a Vet, but I have things to offer as well and I will do everthing I can to make sure no one involved in tihis victorious movement is paid back.

Thanks again and God Bless You All

SWC
Becky
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a kind and generous thing you have written!
join him, for then it costs nothing to be a
patriot.”
- Mark Twain
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounded like a pretty generous offer to me, Gary.
HardCorps
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swctexas,
Wow! You make me proud to be from Aggieland. The Swifties make me proud to be a Veteran's wife. And everyone here makes me proud to be an American.
I concur with your comments. I will and would do anything to help these great gentlemen (and women). And I fear the day I won't be able to scan the forum for reminders of why America is amazing. Please, don't let the forum go.

Mr. O'Neil, Navy Chief... and so many others, let's just say, on Nov. 10 (Marine Corps Birthday) and Nov. 11 I'll be lighting a candle and cutting cake in your names... you are the essense of Honor. Thank You

Kate
-ANGLICO FAC - Iraqi Freedom
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just deleted a bunch of nonsense from this thread.

On this board, we treat each other with respect at all times.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swctexas what a beautiful open letter you have written and I share in your sentiments.

May God bless you, the Swift Vets, POWs, and all here at this board. Very Happy
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy:
You should ask swctexas to re-read the last couple of sentences of the original post. I'm not too sure that's what was meant to be said. It is pretty confusing. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: