SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IMUS is insane
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
USAF66-70
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks dmackto for the http://wfan.com/feedback/.

Remember people, if it’s worth writing, don’t rant, and make it lean. (O’Neill doesn’t rant.) More bees with honey than vinegar. Here’s mine:

The I-Man called my bros, the SBVs, a bunch of old fat drunks that ought to be executed, and that they are all a bunch of war criminals.

The I-man is usually more discerning than that. Actually, the SBVs are just regular honorable guys, that more than earned their right to free speech, doing their duty; and they were unfairly maligned and/or ignored by the mainstream media.

Think I’ll listen to Neal Boortz from now on.
NavyNewfy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USAF66-70 wrote:
Thanks dmackto for the http://wfan.com/feedback/.

Remember people, if it’s worth writing, don’t rant, and make it lean. (O’Neill doesn’t rant.) More bees with honey than vinegar. Here’s mine:

The I-Man called my bros, the SBVs, a bunch of old fat drunks that ought to be executed, and that they are all a bunch of war criminals.

The I-man is usually more discerning than that. Actually, the SBVs are just regular honorable guys, that more than earned their right to free speech, doing their duty; and they were unfairly maligned and/or ignored by the mainstream media.

Think I’ll listen to Neal Boortz from now on.

Thanks. Passed on my comments, too.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USAF66-70 wrote:
<snipped>Think I’ll listen to Neal Boortz from now on.

There ya go, USAF66-70! Perfect!
DenisC
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The man is a coke head. Forgetaboutit. Just another no-class fool. Only those who served our country in combat can understand what this was all about.
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imus loves to make incendiary remarks, but often goes over the line. It's really easy to smear someone who has no opportunity to respond in kind. That was the gist of my email to that old wrinkly gasbag geezer.
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of all of the rights that we enjoy as Americans, nobody has the right not to be offended. My suggestion is to get over it, or if you ever see Imus in person, to punch him in the nose, he has it coming. BUT, please tell me that we aren't going to whine about the idiot Imus lashing out at America's finest. We are better than that, and we can take it in stride. The man is an embarrassment, do not let him drag us, as a group, down to his level.

My personal antidote to the slander from Imus would be publicly to ask him if he'd care to meet in person and repeat his stupid remarks. Trust me, THAT, Imus will understand. AND, that MAY even prompt an apology from the old sot.

So, let's suck it up, we have business to do, Kerry is still not revealed to be the bastard that he is. Twisted Evil
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'M-AN-ASS IN THE MORNING is a jack rabbit on crack.
NavyNewfy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zinfella wrote:
Out of all of the rights that we enjoy as Americans, nobody has the right not to be offended. My suggestion is to get over it, or if you ever see Imus in person, to punch him in the nose, he has it coming. BUT, please tell me that we aren't going to whine about the idiot Imus lashing out at America's finest. We are better than that, and we can take it in stride. The man is an embarrassment, do not let him drag us, as a group, down to his level.

My personal antidote to the slander from Imus would be publicly to ask him if he'd care to meet in person and repeat his stupid remarks. Trust me, THAT, Imus will understand. AND, that MAY even prompt an apology from the old sot.

So, let's suck it up, we have business to do, Kerry is still not revealed to be the bastard that he is. Twisted Evil

While I understand what you're saying, I humbly disagree. The vets have taken enough abuse since the seventies. And it doesn't have to be fought one battle at a time. Free speech is one thing, but the libs push everything too far and have for far too long. Maybe it's time to recover some lost ground. It's like the Dixie Chicks thing. We didn't have to attack them physically, just let their fans show their disapproval, i.e., lost sales. In a nutshell, if they are going to open their mouth and spew garbage, then let them have some repercussions from it.
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyNewfy wrote:

While I understand what you're saying, I humbly disagree. The vets have taken enough abuse since the seventies.

No disagreement from here about that. But, look at how John O'Neill responds to adversdaries, he keeps his cool. This is just a word of advice from an old fart, me, never let 'em see 'ya sweat!
NavyNewfy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zinfella wrote:
NavyNewfy wrote:

While I understand what you're saying, I humbly disagree. The vets have taken enough abuse since the seventies.

No disagreement from here about that. But, look at how John O'Neill responds to adversdaries, he keeps his cool. This is just a word of advice from an old fart, me, never let 'em see 'ya sweat!

LOL...absolutely. I love watching them get nervous when they deal with him. And he makes it look so easy.....
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zinfella wrote:
NavyNewfy wrote:

I think there are different ways to respond to Imus egregious, sick comments. Let's not forget he didn't just call them fat, drunk Swift Boat Vets - he said "they should all be executed." That's way beyond just a stupid liberal. That's just downright vicious. That said we have Ann Coulter and Sean Hannity and we have William Buckley and George Will - different strokes, and different ways of responding, for different folks.

Thanks W, Swifties, POWs & brave soldiers everywhere fighting for America and for freedom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: