SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Presidential Historians Will Vilify The Swiftees

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jack Mclaughlin
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: Presidential Historians Will Vilify The Swiftees Reply with quote

Sad but true because history will be written by people like Douglas Brinkley.

We are already being cast in the media as liars, dirty tricksters and Nixon leftovers.

Just yesterday alone we were accused of all those things on the air by Don Imus, Ron Reagan, Keith Olbermann and Evan Thomas. And these are just the people I heard.

They will try to demonize our leaders first and then, if they succeed, the credibility of our entire movement will be damaged.

The real dirty tricksters like Brinkley, Rather, Koppel, 60 minutes, the DNC, Move On, etc. will get a free pass.
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are also some historians with excellent reputations. May be written both ways and future generations will make their decisions
BPC69
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again emphasizing the importance of continuing the effort to finish the job here and keep the heat on Kerry. The epilogue to this story is going to be the foundation upon which future generations can look for reassurance of the truth. I believe that the truth will always win out, good always trumps evil. Revisionist history always falls to the real facts of the true path that has been taken. The just will prevail.

BPC
OKLady
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good historian is a good researcher. The key thing is having the data and being able to analyze it and then arrive at a conclusion.

Data - One thing that worries me is the "research" that is being done on the internet where it is too easy to keep expressing an opinion until it becomes a "fact". We can come up with many examples of that.

The research that was done by the SwiftVets is important and it is necesary to continue it and document the primary resources - the oral histories, the papers, etc. It is necessary for people with the background of serving in the military and Vietnam to analyze the data that is out there. Look at what Navy Chief and others accomplished in analyzing all those reports with initials that most of us would have scanned over.

I have been taking some history courses at a local university. Researching the primary resources is important. Referencing secondary resouces or the Internet is looked down on, unless the internet site is actually a site that posts images of the primary resource. Sloppy research or plagarism is frowned on and a couple slips will ruin your academic career, though you may still make it in mainstream media.
deserturtle
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Swiftboats have to keep their credibility and not let anyone undermine it. The historical record has to reflect the both sides in order for accuracy, therefore; K 's(I still can't write his name) record has to be examined.

Write another book detailing the experiences (truth) with the MSM and discredit the MSM with proof!!!
Grateful for SBV
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:24 pm    Post subject: Swifties can "record" history accurately! Reply with quote

There will always be those biased media with heads that stay in the sand. However...you guys have a story to tell...a story that starts in Vietnam...but progresses to November 2, 2004...and hopefully...continues. As I have followed this forum, I can honestly say that your "fighting spirit" in this war have inspired me beyond words and leaves no doubt in my mind as to who "would have" won any war if allowed to fight. I don't know any of you personally, but I feel that I have been a witness to and a supporter of men/women who...as a group... have demonstrated the highest degree of intelligence, integrety, spirit, and resolve to right a wrong, of anyone I have ever known. I am not a veteran...but I now understand the bond that holds you together. Don't stop now...share your journeys with the world. Write your own books! Record the real history!! American's really do want to know the truth!
Jack Mclaughlin
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rogerrabbit wrote, "There are also some historians with excellent reputations."

Name me just two. I would like to send them a note.
Timberwolf
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat Bucannan stood up for the swiftys last night, stating that he always believed in what they were saying. LOL Pat knows the truth, he was there with Nixon. Who knows what he will say tomorrow night though, he tends to flip flop according to who he is talking to.
As for the Kerry's discharge, I believe Pat knows a lot more than he is allowed to talk about because of the laws.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: