SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Have the Military votes been counted yet?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manelly
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:47 pm    Post subject: Have the Military votes been counted yet? Reply with quote

Question anyone know Question
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know, but I doubt it. These are officially absentee votes, and most states allow considerable time after the election to tally up absentee votes.
manelly
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad so, we won't know the results of this for apx. 11 days?
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:51 pm    Post subject: Absentee Ballots Reply with quote

Interesting question about the military absentee ballots.

Bush already has enough electoral votes to win the Presidency with OH and NV, so maybe they might not bother counting them, unless there are enough of them to possibly influence the outcome of an election in a state (either the Presidential election or a House or Senate election).

But, if Kerry had tried to contest Ohio in order to win the Presidency, the military absentee ballots could have played a major role...Kerry only won Wisconsin by 11,813, and a large number of absentee Bush votes could have swung Wisconsin to Bush. Even without Ohio, Bush's other states + NM + IA + WI = 276 EV.
JCJR
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Absentee Ballots Reply with quote

Wonder if all the votes will be counted just for official tallies?

As Steve mentioned, WI and a couple of other states are close enough, that Bush's final Electoral Vote might be even more lopsided if all the votes are required to be counted?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anker-Klanker wrote:
Don't know, but I doubt it. These are officially absentee votes, and most states allow considerable time after the election to tally up absentee votes.

I heard on Fox that we will not hear about that for about three more weeks.
OKLady
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:49 am    Post subject: Re: Absentee Ballots Reply with quote

JCJR wrote:
Wonder if all the votes will be counted just for official tallies?

Good question and we should call up our state election boards to find out how they handle these votes .... I would bet that they count them, for any reason but also to cover their buts...
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MSM says that the absentee ballots won't be counted for another two weeks. The have to accept the ones still coming in if the post mark is pre-election day and as far as the military goes (i.e., no stamp or post mark) some will get counted and some will probably get their voting rights denied.
Redview
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:44 am    Post subject: will we know? Reply with quote

I wonder if he called it quits so the military vote percenatage

would not be published? Might have been a little embarassing
Ladder Yankee 33
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm checking with the Georgia State Elections Board to determine when the overseas Military ballots are due, and when will the results be posted. Suggest each of you check with your State Election Board for the status. Let them know that you are retired military and Vietnam Vets and have a interest in this issue.
nccjones
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry himself said that every vote should count. So to me, that means count all the military absentee votes also. After all, the majority of them are republican votes, so it would be interesting to see how that effects the blue states.

I hope my absentee ballot was counted since I mailed mine out the first week of October, so it should have arrived well before the deadline.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: