SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Delusion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:54 am    Post subject: Delusion Reply with quote

And here's another Brit? in the deepest of denial. While he gives credit where credit is due, this moron is still back on Kerryspin 101.

Quote:
Bleak morning in America
Cover story
Andrew Stephen
Monday 8th November 2004

<snip>

What really sealed the election for Bush, though, was the venal "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth" onslaught that dominated the campaign way back in the dog days of August. It was funded by Bush supporters in Texas, and by discrediting Kerry's record in Vietnam it succeeded in raising doubts about his character. Not one of the Vietnam veterans it featured had actually served with Kerry, but that did not stop them from claiming to know what had happened. Those who served on Kerry's swift boat testified to his heroism in winning three Purple Hearts and a Silver Star, but the innuendos of the Bush camp had inflicted the necessary damage.

New Statesman con't

Note: Link has been changed to subscriber only
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes me want to pull a "Larry O'Donnell"!
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
d19thdoc
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:05 am    Post subject: Re: Delusion Reply with quote

Quote:
Cover story
Andrew Stephen
Monday 8th November 2004

Irrefutable evidence that the writer lives in the Twilight Zone somewhere down the Yellow Brick Road, East of Eden.
GIaunt
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Innuendos", I hardly think that signed affadavits are innuendo. Innuendos are whispers behind backs, half-truths.

Swiftees did not deal in innuendos - they stood up and said it right out loud and signed their names....

When John Hancock signed the Declaration of Independence, he signed it in very large script so that the King could read it without his glasses....
The swiftees are modern day John Hancocks (not petty gossips dealing in innuendo)
d19thdoc
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My email to the magazine:
Quote:
Stephen wrote: " Not one of the Vietnam veterans it featured had actually served with Kerry . . ." Steve Gardner, who spoke out in one of the Swift Vet ads and signed an affidavit in support of his claims, served with Kerry on his boat the entire brief time Kerry was in Vietnam. And, to assert that over 60 men who served in Kerry's unit, including his immediate commanders, and almost all the officers of the other swift boats in the unit, did not serve with Kerry, is idiotically ignorant of US Navy organizational facts. It is Kerry campaign talking points which are typically laughed to scorn by the informed - which is what the Swift Vets helped millions of American voters to become. Perhaps Mr. Stephen should try reading their book.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Epilogue All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: